Neymar

the wes

ability to make the difference; match winning potential; potential to give you an edge against strong opposition.

so, different attacking players can be measured against each other that way, IMO of course.

I do hope Moses develops (he's very young) and become an excellent player, but I just don't see enough potential there to come close to Neymar or Hazard level.

BTW, Neymar and Hazard are also 21...

Imo Moses' tributes such as defensive abilities, work-rate, effective direct style are just as in any match. I'd explain more but this is not the thread to do so.

Lets get back to Neymar..

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Rmpr

Change your disgusting avatar, NOW!!!

I know I know.

You have no idea of the backroon info. it is worst than you can imagine. I am in Rio mate, only when I comenack I will be able to change it...

Back to Neymar though...

Imo Moses' tributes such as defensive abilities, work-rate, effective direct style are just as in any match. I'd explain more but this is not the thread to do so.

Lets get back to Neymar..

I completely understand where you are coming from, but I don't value those attributes so highly as you do.

In my experience, players can and do develop those (defensive/mental) attributes once they move to stronger league and learn better tactics with better coaches/managers. However, players do NOT improve drastically their technical skills (ball control shooting, etc). Ex: Lampard has always had good shooting skills; he's improved on them, but not drastically.

On Neymar, his development has stalled. Like you all I watch him mostly when playing international matches and it is obvious he struggles with a more physical game and stronger opposition. The only solution is a move to Europe. However, for Brazil, it's already too late as even if he moves next summer, he won't have time to fully develop until the WC. Brazil have a good side, but not WC winner material.

However, when we talk about (future) potential, the final touch, the decisive touch is everything and Naymar has it.

I honestly feel that you are really jealous of all the attention Neymar gets.

You never give clever arguments, always some media bla bla bla...

Also, you need to name games. I think he has played Argentina 5-6 times. He had amazing and terrible games. Ironically, when we faced a stronger Argentina he was brilliant and when we faced an "only locals" Argentina, he was shit.

Never give clever arguments?

Mate, all of my arguments have been at the highest most reasonable and to deny that is down right bias or pure naivety. I have only made one reference of him towards the media and the likes of Pele, and it is true. The hype he is getting is well unjustified. He has not proven himself to have such a status he is currently being given and there are talent in Europe that can easily replace him if the inevitability of him flopping/failing in Europe happens.

Of course I'm Jealous. Jealous of how he is being viewed by the public in comparison to other footballers in the world (when many footballers his age have already proven more) and such claims as he can be compared with the likes of Ronaldo and Messi.

The 4-3 Match against Argentina. Bar none, the worst Brazilian on the pitch that day. Every time he had the ball, he messed up and choked. He was against a defense that all play in Europe for Argentina, he could not do anything. Possibly a taste of what to come when he comes to Europe? Can't judge in one game. My Girlfriend is Argentinian and every time he had the ball, she just laughed.

He has an amazing talent, dear Christ no one can deny that. But the most cringeworthy thing about it is that there are people who are completely blinded by bias to realize that there are actually proven talent in Europe that go beyond the boundaries that Neymar is currently uphold of.

Neymar at Barcelona! How obviously boring. I thought he would actually want to test himself in the most demanding league in the world. Instead he chooses the league where it's easy for top players to score 40 goals plus every season.

• 2 weeks later...

The three-time World Cup winner has launched a stinging attack on his compatriot, accusing him of underperforming for his country and being too concerned with his own image

Brazil and Santos legend Pele has criticised Neymar and says he is nothing more than an "ordinary player" for the national side.

The 21-year-old striker has been compared to his legendary compatriot, but the 72-year-old has revealed his belief that Neymar is overrated and a single-minded attitude.

"For the national team, he's just an ordinary player," Pele told O Estado de Sao Paulo.

"He's got a huge responsibility and his greatest concern is to change his style, change his haircut.

"Every match we have outside the country, he doesn't perform well. Everyone thinks he's supposed to be the answer to every problem we have in the national team [but] Neymar is not ready for that much weight, he can't do it."

Pele then added his belief that Neymar's disappointing displays for Brazil, in comparison to those with Santos, where he has won the Copa Libertadores, are down to a lack of exposure to European tactics.

"He doesn't play in a foreign country, and European football is very different from what we play here in South America," he continued.

"He wants to get the ball, dribble, use his skills [but] he needs to leave the ball a little, play for the team.

"He's very inexperienced internationally. Barcelona would be the ideal place for him [but] I don't think he will leave because Santos still need him."

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You