Neymar

the wes

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neymar or Bale? for me it has to be Bale... Rmpr what do you think?

Depends on who you have around them.

Like, Take Cristiano out of Real Madrid and try to put Bale or Neymar. Hands down Neymar!

Try to put Neymar on Spuds or Manure, hands down Bale!

Bale would not work on Brazil (imo).

Neymar is clearly incredibly skilful and a wonderful natural talent, but the comparisons with Messi and Ronaldo are ill-founded. Messi and Ronaldo are proven at club level in the best leagues in world football, as well as on the international stage (albeit not to the same extent). Until Neymar makes the transition to Europe, which I think he eventually will, we cannot make the comparisons. The Brazilian league is a lot stronger than people in Europe give credit for; in fact the whole of South American football is not as far behind European football as a lot of us would like to thing. Nevertheless, it is still an obvious step-up from the Brazilian league to La Liga or the Premier League, and until Neymar shows he can tear it up to the same extent as the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Mata, Pirlo etc., to me he will just be a kid with potential, and not a superstar. There's no doubting the talent he has, but the fact he seems reluctant to move to one of the big three leagues (Spain, England, Germany) suggests to me is that he is the one who doubts himself.

THIS.

@Rmpr

You have many points right, but I do believe he has started to doubt himself against stronger opposition. When he plays for our NT his confidence is way below his usual. And it has been falling for some time now, look how he doesn't try to take on players as often as he used when he first started to play for Brazil's NT. Look how his decision making is poorer. I think Neymar has to go to Europe rather sooner than later. Not because brazilian league is shit or something, but it is clearly not the best. Going to Europe he will be challenged to step up and win games for his team against teams likes Real Madrid, for example (if he goes to Barcelona). In Brazil he doesn't have to stretch up anymore, he's the best player by a big margin, if he doesn't develop at all anymore he will still be ripping teams apart. And that's just normal, every person is like that. I, for instance, would study as much as I would need to be approved in my exams, if those tests are mediocre and don't challenge me I will study less and learn less, that 's just the way things are.

And yet, Neymar will get used to play against european players and higher tempo, there will be no reason to be afraid to take on those players, since he'll face them week in, week out.

German SkySportsNews showed an interview with him he as given to "SID".

Quotes:

"Bayern is a big club with special players...Schweinsteiger is the best player I ever saw...I don´t have to play in spain, a lot of leages are interresting also the Bundesliga got great stadiums especially Bayern..."

He also named half of there first team.

This flirting with a lot of teams across europe really pisses me off!

http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/videos-bundesliga.jsp?bctid=2149032918001&alllnk=sportnews:sport:endscreen

The thing about Neymar.. is that he is a strange figure. But yeah he is brazilian. ( No offence to RMPR or Henrique and the other brazilians here).

It's that, yes Neymar is amazing.Brazil haven't seen such a talent since Ronaldinho or atleast in my eyes. He has skills, goals , pace, flexilibity, cockiness, all that he misses is Ronaldinho's love for the game, but yes, he reminds me of it. No this is not a comparission, I do not want it to sound like one.
The thing is that nobody would give Neymar the chance (if he goes directly to England or Bundesliga) to do his tricks so easy. The problem is that they are part of his game. While for instance Hazard uses tricks just sometimes and that doesn't effect his game, Neymar's game is filled with them and that could be a problem. Hazard is direct, Neymar likes to take on defenders with an eagerly fashion, while for instance Hazard just can pass them easy, then outrun them. That is why I would love Neymar as a striker here. But given that, I would like for him to gain more experience first, then get a bit of National team games, get a bit bulky and go somewhere. The only place he could continue with his tricks is Spain, but I don't want him to go Barca or Real. I would like him here, but except in a striker role, i don't think he will fit us that much.

He should join a rubbish La Liga team like Valencia or Sevilla. That way he can really show his worth. If he can do what CR7 & LM10 can do, whilst playing at a 'lesser' club it'll prove so much more. Then can join whoever for £80,000,000.

Bayern can have him. I would rather someone like Moses over Neymar any day of the week.

wow! Moses?! I think sometimes the valuation of the players can be taken as evidence of their quality--at least as a hint.

I also think Neymar is not worth 50m especially because he hasn't really developed enough for competitive matches and leagues, but it's silly to ignore the superior ball control at pace, the vision, and the goals. One or two seasons in Europe, a bit more physical presence and he could become a top top player no doubt.

Here's the problem though: once a player becomes a Messi, that's it; we will never get him because his club will do everything to hold to him. So, we've got to place some bets here and there to get them young, and Neymar can be such (expensive) bet, which is what it takes to get a player of that caliber. I guess that's up to Roman, since it's his money.

Oscar is such a bet.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You