Neymar

the wes

wow! Moses?! I think sometimes the valuation of the players can be taken as evidence of their quality--at least as a hint.

I also think Neymar is not worth 50m especially because he hasn't really developed enough for competitive matches and leagues, but it's silly to ignore the superior ball control at pace, the vision, and the goals. One or two seasons in Europe, a bit more physical presence and he could become a top top player no doubt.

Here's the problem though: once a player becomes a Messi, that's it; we will never get him because his club will do everything to hold to him. So, we've got to place some bets here and there to get them young, and Neymar can be such (expensive) bet, which is what it takes to get a player of that caliber. I guess that's up to Roman, since it's his money.

Oscar is such a bet.

Yes Moses, what is wrong with Moses?

I don't deny his dribbling skills, an attacker is on the ball how long during a game? 5 mins? 7-8 mins? What does Neymar offer in the remaining 85 mins? Next to nothing: He does not track back on the defense, he does not drop to receive the ball or create spaces for others on the attack. Neymar is entertaining to watch, but Moses offers much more for the team.

Neymar will never be anywhere near Messi, his work isn't even one tenth that of Messi. He'll never be anywhere near Ronaldo either because he is going to be the athlete that Ronaldo is.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't deny his dribbling skills, an attacker is on the ball how long during a game? 5 mins? 7-8 mins? What does Neymar offer in the remaining 85 mins? Next to nothing: He does not track back on the defense, he does not drop to receive the ball or create spaces for others on the attack. Neymar is entertaining to watch, but Moses offers much more for the team.

Neymar will never be anywhere near Messi, his work isn't even one tenth that of Messi. He'll never be anywhere near Ronaldo either because he is going to be the athlete that Ronaldo is.

Shut up if you dont watch his games...

Neymar has his 5min of snob dribbling, but he simply does it all for his less than average team. He was top scorer of the season twice, he is always in the top5 of assists, he takes corners, freekicks, penalties. Santos is more of a one man team than Arsenal with RVP. BY FAAAAR!

Yes it is a super shit league and yes a player like Grioud would stand out, but that didnt stop Ronaldinho from getting praised in PSG nor did Ronaldo with PSV and nor did Hazard with Lille.

Neymar wont be like Messi, but who will? Pele, Zidane? Everyone else is shit then.

You simply cant talk about what you dont know Choulo, you really cant!

EDIT: What bothers me is that no one (excluding the fucking media) who supports Neymar compare him with anyone, we just see how good he is. However, his haters always feel the need to compare him with Messi or Ronaldo, like it is supposed to mean anything. Mata and Hazard will never be like Ronaldo or Messi, but it does not mean they are a fucking stupid great players!

EDIT 2: You are the same people who will be praising him in 3-4 years. I wonder how many will come apologising...

Shut up if you dont watch his games...

Neymar has his 5min of snob dribbling, but he simply does it all for his less than average team. He was top scorer of the season twice, he is always in the top5 of assists, he takes corners, freekicks, penalties. Santos is more of a one man team than Arsenal with RVP. BY FAAAAR!

Yes it is a super shit league and yes a player like Grioud would stand out, but that didnt stop Ronaldinho from getting praised in PSG nor did Ronaldo with PSV and nor did Hazard with Lille.

Neymar wont be like Messi, but who will? Pele, Zidane? Everyone else is shit then.

You simply cant talk about what you dont know Choulo, you really cant!

EDIT: What bothers me is that no one (excluding the fucking media) who supports Neymar compare him with anyone, we just see how good he is. However, his haters always feel the need to compare him with Messi or Ronaldo, like it is supposed to mean anything. Mata and Hazard will never be like Ronaldo or Messi, but it does not mean they are a fucking stupid great players!

I've watched enough games for Neymar to pass judgement on him (funny that you should talk about judging without knowledge while judging that I know nothing of Neymar without knowing anything about me), and yes he does all the things you said he does, but you failed to tell me what he does when his team is defending, what does he offer for the team when he's not on the ball?

The Messi and Ronaldo comparisons were not my own, I was replying the poster who said that Neymar could become as good as them. You completely took it out of context the way replied. And no that does not mean he is shit, it just means that, imo, he is not worth 40m and that I don't necessarily must want to have him in my team.

I don't know what nerve I've touched with my post, but no need to be so aggressive.

I've watched enough games for Neymar to pass judgement on him (funny that you should talk about judging without knowledge while judging that I know nothing of Neymar without knowing anything about me), and yes he does all the things you said he does, but you failed to tell me what he does when his team is defending, what does he offer for the team when he's not on the ball?

The Messi and Ronaldo comparisons were not my own, I was replying the poster who said that Neymar could become as good as them. You completely took it out of context the way replied. And no that does not mean he is shit, it just means that, imo, he is not worth 40m and that I don't necessarily must want to have him in my team.

I don't know what nerve I've touched with my post, but no need to be so aggressive.

You are right about it, I shouldnt have done that. Lost control, sorry mate!

However, if you did watch enough games you would never say such stupid things as like Neymar is not a team player or he does not bring more then 5min of skills. People got so amazed with him because he can transform his magic into assist and goals, which you cleared said isnt true. Also Brazilians in Brazil dont defend, have you watched Oscar, Kaka, Robinho before Europe? Utter shit defending, they learn with time...

Neymar is really really good and I dont care how good he will be. The media makes stupid hype around the guy and all of a sudden it is his or my fault! The Messi comparissons are more than ridiculous and you cant keep a decent conversation without people hitting on it. That is what blows my mind and what I cant stand. Half of the posts towards Neymar isnt about his football. It is either about his personality, his look or Messi. All are irrelevant to criticize his ability or anything similar.

Until now; Alex and dionsa were the only ones to make decent arguments. There rest was media talking and stereotype...

We don't need a diva, he's whoring himself out to clubs publicly

Eden Hazard can be accused of the same. These players are asked questions that will set up a response to sell that reporter's paper. The media, fans and retired legends like Pele have put such an enormous pressure on this young man it's scary to imagine trying to live up to all that expectation.

You are right about it, I shouldnt have done that. Lost control, sorry mate!

However, if you did watch enough games you would never say such stupid things as like Neymar is not a team player or he does not bring more then 5min of skills. People got so amazed with him because he can transform his magic into assist and goals, which you cleared said isnt true. Also Brazilians in Brazil dont defend, have you watched Oscar, Kaka, Robinho before Europe? Utter shit defending, they learn with time...

Neymar is really really good and I dont care how good he will be. The media makes stupid hype around the guy and all of a sudden it is his or my fault! The Messi comparissons are more than ridiculous and you cant keep a decent conversation without people hitting on it. That is what blows my mind and what I cant stand. Half of the posts towards Neymar isnt about his football. It is either about his personality, his look or Messi. All are irrelevant to criticize his ability or anything similar.

Until now; Alex and dionsa were the only ones to make decent arguments. There rest was media talking and stereotype...

No problem mate.

The things is, I didn't say those things, no idea how you inferred them from my post. Let me make it clear: I meant he is very good on the ball but any attacker is on the ball for a small portion of the 90 mins. I said that he does not offer much to the team when off the ball, not that he is not a team player.

You may have a point about the defending, I actually didn't ant Oscar here because of his terrible defensive work-rate in the Brazilian league. But, still that does not make me want him here for two reasons:

1) He is a huge gamble and 40m is too much to gamble with especially if you consider the FFP rules. The reason I say he is a gamble is because no one knows if he can replicate his Brazilian league form in a defensively better league. He has often disappeared in Brazil's big matches (England and Germany come to mind). His best performances in a Brazil shirt were the Olympics, but even then he did not convince me that he is worth 40m.

2) And this is what I meant with the first post where I said I would rather Moses: He is not my type of player. I'm not denying he is very good, I don't think that is deniable, but when I am a fan of the Mourinho school of tactics. I like wingers in the mold of Duff, Cole,Valencia, Moses...etc and I love direct style of football ( and I don't mean just long balls). Tricks and dribbling are entertaining to watch but they are no where near as effective.

Couldn't disagree more. Compared to Neymar, Moses is utter shit. I'm NOT saying Moses *is* shit, because he is a GOOD player, but not comparable to the likes of Neymar (or Hazard, or Mata). IMO Moses does not belong in this discussion.

Neymar has the potential to be better than Hazard, and Hazard is twice the player Moses is.

I guess we will have to wait and see who is right. I'm fairly confident in my predictions though.

Couldn't disagree more. Compared to Neymar, Moses is utter shit. I'm NOT saying Moses *is* shit, because he is a GOOD player, but not comparable to the likes of Neymar (or Hazard, or Mata). IMO Moses does not belong in this discussion.

Neymar has the potential to be better than Hazard, and Hazard is twice the player Moses is.

I guess we will have to wait and see who is right. I'm fairly confident in my predictions though.

Absolutely cringeworthy

Wtf are you talking about? Moses is a really good player and has forced himself to the first team of Chelsea from Wigan. He is also taking part in the final of African Cup Of Nations right now, and winning. He is a really good player, but I agree, Hazard is better but not twice as better

Moses is a completely different player to Neymar ( and Hazard and Mata). Victor can't do what Neymar does and vise versa. It depends on what type of player you want in your team and what style of play do you use.

And Hazard is "twice the player Moses is"? How exactly do you measure that?!

No problem mate.

The things is, I didn't say those things, no idea how you inferred them from my post. Let me make it clear: I meant he is very good on the ball but any attacker is on the ball for a small portion of the 90 mins. I said that he does not offer much to the team when off the ball, not that he is not a team player.

You may have a point about the defending, I actually didn't ant Oscar here because of his terrible defensive work-rate in the Brazilian league. But, still that does not make me want him here for two reasons:

1) He is a huge gamble and 40m is too much to gamble with especially if you consider the FFP rules. The reason I say he is a gamble is because no one knows if he can replicate his Brazilian league form in a defensively better league. He has often disappeared in Brazil's big matches (England and Germany come to mind). His best performances in a Brazil shirt were the Olympics, but even then he did not convince me that he is worth 40m.

2) And this is what I meant with the first post where I said I would rather Moses: He is not my type of player. I'm not denying he is very good, I don't think that is deniable, but when I am a fan of the Mourinho school of tactics. I like wingers in the mold of Duff, Cole,Valencia, Moses...etc and I love direct style of football ( and I don't mean just long balls). Tricks and dribbling are entertaining to watch but they are no where near as effective.

1) I totally agree, I wouldnt pay 40m for him. He will be worth that, I have no doubt, but not now. What people cant understand is that his plan os to go for free. He will want 130k/week or so, but there wont be any transfer fee. What might happen (and expeculations are rising), is that Santos will want to make money and sell him in the summer. He has already publicly said no to two contract extension offers.

2) Ok, fair enough. It is not the type of football I like and I strongly disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion. I just think people overreact to his dribling, he does use them pratically most of the time. Of course youtube videos wont show that though.

His performance against Argentina was easily the worst. Such an overhyped unproven child. Hopefully his ego doesn't become as big as Pele's

I'm starting to actually despise Pele

I honestly feel that you are really jealous of all the attention Neymar gets.

You never give clever arguments, always some media bla bla bla...

Also, you need to name games. I think he has played Argentina 5-6 times. He had amazing and terrible games. Ironically, when we faced a stronger Argentina he was brilliant and when we faced an "only locals" Argentina, he was shit.

Moses is not 'utter shit' compared to anyone. He's a Chelsea player, a very good one at that, and deserves a bit more fucking respect.

Neymar looks like a great little player and he has potential, but he's only really done it in the Brazilian league so far. Until he actually does something in a league that's a bit more challenging there's some massive question marks over him.

Moses is a completely different player to Neymar ( and Hazard and Mata). Victor can't do what Neymar does and vise versa. It depends on what type of player you want in your team and what style of play do you use.

And Hazard is "twice the player Moses is"? How exactly do you measure that?!

ability to make the difference; match winning potential; potential to give you an edge against strong opposition.

so, different attacking players can be measured against each other that way, IMO of course.

I do hope Moses develops (he's very young) and become an excellent player, but I just don't see enough potential there to come close to Neymar or Hazard level.

BTW, Neymar and Hazard are also 21...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You