Josh McEachran

Term-X

Swansea fans are not thrilled so far. It hasn't helped his cause that he played in all the matches they lost. What surprised me is the Swansea fans saying that his tackling is not good enough; His physical strength may not be up to the level of PL yet but I always thought his tackling was excellent. Hope he does better in his next game, or at least that Swansea win the game.

His lack of body strength together plus the fact that he hasn't had any decent regular football (thanks to the crap that is reserve league football) has contributed to that factor. He really should have hit the weights last season and in the summer before this season started

His lack of body strength together plus the fact that he hasn't had any decent regular football (thanks to the crap that is reserve league football) has contributed to that factor. He really should have hit the weights last season and in the summer before this season started

His body is also going to change naturally in next two years.

I saw the game, he is kinda a defensive liability for Swansea, but he created some great chances in that game most importantly. In our midfield McEachran defensive issues could be hidden, since our midfield is so much better defensively.

I think it was a shame that they ever put him in the holding midfielder position. when he's a bit older and gains some tackling ability just from "man strength" i think he can play in the middle a bit more (I don't think lampard is a talented defender one on one but he's smart and works hard). i never understood (well before mata came) why they didn't keep him up high on the left. when ashley cole (or heaven forbid, bertrand) comes screaming up the side that would allow josh to drift in on the attack and connect with the other attacking players in the middle...much like mata has been doing; and he CERTAINLY doesn't defend

i just don't get the use of players :/

Against norwich:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuqBBRXxFc8&feature=g-u-u&context=G288c73cFUAAAAAAAEAA

I think the Swansea fans do have a point that he did not offer him self for passes as much as needed. I'm not sure DM is the best place for Josh.

BTW he plays a through ball @ 3:00 that feels just like an orgasm!

Hmm I know youtube videos can be deceiving but he doesn't look too bad in that video. But I agree DM isn't his best position. He doesn't have the strength for that position at the moment. He should be played behind the striker(s).

Hmm I know youtube videos can be deceiving but he doesn't look too bad in that video. But I agree DM isn't his best position. He doesn't have the strength for that position at the moment. He should be played behind the striker(s).

Agreed. I think he can be one of the best assisters in the league if he is played behind strikers due to his amazing ability to find passes in tight areas quickly. The biggest plus I saw is that Josh always seems to know what to do and the pass he wants to pick out before he gets the ball; something that none of our current midfielders seem to be able to do since they all take at least 10 too many touches on the ball.

Agreed. I think he can be one of the best assisters in the league if he is played behind strikers due to his amazing ability to find passes in tight areas quickly. The biggest plus I saw is that Josh always seems to know what to do and the pass he wants to pick out before he gets the ball; something that none of our current midfielders seem to be able to do since they all take at least 10 too many touches on the ball.

Absolutely, watching that video was like a breath of fresh air after the shit we've been seeing from our midfielders for 18 months now.

Josh=Great passer. Where the great pass is needed really depends on the formation and the tactics that are chosen and even to an extent it also depends on the opposition. That said I really think he should be played wherever that passing ability is needed.

Sometimes you need a great pass to break through that narrow midfield line that this weak opposition has set up in order to defend more. Sometimes you need that great pass to be the last one in an open game and sometimes when you lack connection between the offensive players and the defensive ones you need that great pass to set up your forward midflilders in good positions.

I think he is intelligent enough to play anywhere in midfield, Teams just need to figure out where he is most needed.

Josh=Great passer. Where the great pass is needed really depends on the formation and the tactics that are chosen and even to an extent it also depends on the opposition. That said I really think he should be played wherever that passing ability is needed.

Sometimes you need a great pass to break through that narrow midfield line that this weak opposition has set up in order to defend more. Sometimes you need that great pass to be the last one in an open game and sometimes when you lack connection between the offensive players and the defensive ones you need that great pass to set up your forward midflilders in good positions.

I think he is intelligent enough to play anywhere in midfield, Teams just need to figure out where he is most needed.

Great post :yes: Please post more often :)