Contract Discussion

BlueLion.

Robben was clearly better than Duff and Cole despite being younger and coming from a weaker league.

Mikel has played 170 odd games in a midfield that at one point included heavyweights like Makelele, Essien, Ballack, Lampard and Deco.

They were both comfortably ahead of Kakuta in terms of talent to suggest otherwise is simply wrong. Kakuta at this moment in time is 50-50 and with his contract up in the air I'd suggest he is more liekly to leave then stay because he is doing nothing to make the club offer him the huge contract his agent is likely pushing for,

We should also kick Borini out of our club, after missing that chance against Frankfurt he really needs to go. Bruma too after giving away that fk against NC.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kakuta is over-hyped. Let him prove that he deserves the amount of thought and deliberation and attention that he's getting. Then we'll see if he deserves a new contract. If I were him, I'd keep my head down, ask the agent to fuck off and repay the club for fighting for me and helping me through the ban.

The 19-year-old starlet will be a free agent at the end of the season, and it is rumoured his entourage rejected the first extension offers from the Blues, with a return to his homeland said to be on the agenda.

The former Lens performer, who was the subject of a controversial transfer to Chelsea three years ago, has also caught the attention of Bayern Munich with the German champions recently linked with the youngster.

Kakuta has featured sparingly at the Stamford Bridge club, but the left winger is set to start in Ancelotti's team for Saturday's clash at Aston Villa.

And the Italian coach is confident he will stay with the Premier League champions beyond his current deal.

Ancelotti, who admitted he could not guarantee Kakuta first-team football, told L'Equipe: "I am not Kakuta, but if I had to give my opinion, I would say he should stay and sign a new contract.

"But I am not involved in all that, and I am not interested. Anyway, no one is indispensable."

skysports.com

It is not so convincing.

"no one is indispensable"

Well said, perhaps Carlo feels a bit bitter about the whole Joe Cole affair? Anyway, as long as Kakuta performs when give then chances I expect we'll give him a new contract. I hope he's not expecting a massive raise or anything though, we don't want another Stoch fiasco.

We should be fine imo. All those players should get new long contracts, well 2 years minimum and snap up Kakuta with a tasty 5 year contract imo.

Will any of them leave? I don't think so, where are they going to go? Right now they're with the best team in England judging from last season and they all have a viable place in the squad.

a year ago , every chelsea fan on earth was fantasizing about the great future quality wingers we would have in Kakuta and Stoch ..... and the great thing about it is that they would have come from the youth .

Stoch is gone now , it will be very disappointing to see Kakuta leave as well !!! although i am not saying we should give him whatever he is asking for .

a year ago , every chelsea fan on earth was fantasizing about the great future quality wingers we would have in Kakuta and Stoch ..... and the great thing about it is that they would have come from the youth .

Stoch is gone now , it will be very disappointing to see Kakuta leave as well !!! although i am not saying we should give him whatever he is asking for .

He is getting older so there for he deserves a minor raise. At the end of the day its for the club to decide how much of a raise he deserves and they will go to Carlo for that because he trains him every day. If he is asking for too much and the coaching staff think its not warranted then so be it.

I suppose Kakuta I came along at the wrong time. I would also much rather see him playing in a central attacking position rather than as a winger.

If malouda, anelka & lampard had left or retired he would truly have a chance to break into the first team. He came along a few years too early, unless he's willing to wait.

I dont know what ppl are talking about... kakuta has done really well so far... he has shown some nice touches and passes, at the end of the first half he really get in to the game and hat some nice ideas ind through passes (for Nic as an example), dont forget he was the only one in the first half getting himself in position for an shooting opportunity 2 times, just hit them unluckily...

I think hes comeing forward and ist the closest to first team action (carlo already said he IS a firstteamer)... just be patient guys... we're not an Arsenal or an ManBuh supporters-forum... i wonder about some ppl...

hope he gets a rise... a new 5 Year Deal... and stays with us...

2 Games of which he has played Carlo has praised him for his matureity and his willingness to work for the team... thats the only thing that counts at the end of the day...

Indeed it is mate. got him on my friends list, sometimes have a chat to him , as does another friend of mine who has actually met him.:)

wow cool... he told me we could met when i was at london for four days watching the arsenal game... but somehow didnt work out...