Contract Discussion

BlueLion.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if they are asking unreasonable demands then the club should not look weak and accept them.

The club are rightly not offering silly wages to players who probably won't make it.

As long as McEachran is signed up I'm happy! Couldn't care less about Borini or Kakuta to be honest.

Why?

Because I don't think they're good enough. Certainly no better than SInclair who never got the chances likewise with Di Santo who were both let go. Mancienne a good young player who is Premier Legaue material constantly shipped out on loan yet these two, who the club seem to want to stay, are refusing to sign new contracts. Let them go I say.

Because I don't think they're good enough. Certainly no better than SInclair who never got the chances likewise with Di Santo who were both let go. Mancienne a good young player who is Premier Legaue material constantly shipped out on loan yet these two, who the club seem to want to stay, are refusing to sign new contracts. Let them go I say.

Who said they're refusing new contracts? Find me one article that says "Borini refusing to sign a new contract" or that "Kakuta refusing to sign a new contract". Carlo said they're yet to sign a contract not that they're refusing to sign it.

Borini and Kakuta are both great prospects. Over hyped? Perhaps. But to deny their potential talent is ignorant of you, I believe. Borini and Kakuta have proven just as much as Josh that they're immense emerging talent.

Di Santo had his chance. He failed to impress on loan, he failed to impress in the reserves, would you rather we kept players who aren't good enough? Same goes for Sinclair, he had his chance with us and he didn't impress. He's doing brilliant in the Championship, but maybe that's because he's found his level of football now. Mancienne still has a future with Chelsea, he's been loaned out to a Premier League team so if he shines, Chelsea will definitely retain his services.

Who said they're refusing new contracts? Find me one article that says "Borini refusing to sign a new contract" or that "Kakuta refusing to sign a new contract". Carlo said they're yet to sign a contract not that they're refusing to sign it.

Borini and Kakuta are both great prospects. Over hyped? Perhaps. But to deny their potential talent is ignorant of you, I believe. Borini and Kakuta have proven just as much as Josh that they're immense emerging talent.

Di Santo had his chance. He failed to impress on loan, he failed to impress in the reserves, would you rather we kept players who aren't good enough? Same goes for Sinclair, he had his chance with us and he didn't impress. He's doing brilliant in the Championship, but maybe that's because he's found his level of football now. Mancienne still has a future with Chelsea, he's been loaned out to a Premier League team so if he shines, Chelsea will definitely retain his services.

They've obviously refused to sign. Unless you think the club still haven't offered these 'great prospects' contracts with just a few months remaining on their current deals?

Could Kakuta go to Swansea and put in the same level of performences Sinclair has? Most probably not.

We've let go of better players in my opinion which is why I'm not particularly fussed.

They've obviously refused to sign. Unless you think the club still haven't offered these 'great prospects' contracts with just a few months remaining on their current deals?

Could Kakuta go to Swansea and put in the same level of performences Sinclair has? Most probably not.

We've let go of better players in my opinion which is why I'm not particularly fussed.

Or perhaps they've said "we'll talk about contract issue after the season" because that's what most players do. They like to focus on the season 100% and then handle contract negotiations, in fact that was Roman's policy last season.

And I think you're wrong. I believe (from seeing Kakuta AND Sinclair play in the reserves for Chelsea) Kakuta would outshine Sinclair at Swansea, but that's here nor there.

I agree. Stoch comes to mind, however you're clearly denying the talent Borini and Kakuta have. Surely you much appreciate their potential to be great?

Has Sinclair, Di Santo nor anyone else score 5 goals in one match in the reserves at 18 years old?

Styles you clearly do not know much about youth football.

Yes i too believe this claim, and also support it too.

A striker the scores 5 goals in one reserve game and is overhyped? Maybe he is helping such high expectations with some good looking performances. To let Borini go out on a free (nor at all) is a stupid mistake in my most honest opinion. The lad has the potential to be a quality player for us or anybody, unlike Di Santo who had a good run but couldn't produce when given the chance.

I hope his ego doesnt inflate above the club As a youngster

it will come back to bite him

If he holds us to ransom i will be angry

But in other terms I hope we keep bosingwa and ivanovic

As i mentioned other times Bosingwa wasnt cheap and letting him go would be a waste

Branslav on the other hand is usefull and would be a waste to let this guy go he is worth a lot and would also be a waste if let go

Well, in case of Borini and Gael it might not be money that is holding them back from signing new contracts... It could be that they are asking for assurances over 1st team appearances and as in any Big club, we might not be able to guarantee them.

"I don't discuss the salary of players," said Ancelotti.

"Technically, it's best for Kakuta - he's young, he's trying to improve and we're the best team for him to stay with.

"He has to take a decision to sign or not. We're sure he'll sign because he's an intelligent player and an intelligent man."

Carlo will sort it all out enough said, aslong as we resign Kakuta,Jose and Ivanovic im happy.

Well, in case of Borini and Gael it might not be money that is holding them back from signing new contracts... It could be that they are asking for assurances over 1st team appearances and as in any Big club, we might not be able to guarantee them.

it might be a greedy agent

There are no quotes, so i'm not sure if it's very reliable, but :

Chelsea have opened talks with defender Branislav Ivanovic over a new long-term contract worth £60,000 a week.

The 26-year-old has been in fine form this season as the Blues have stormed to the top of the Premier League.

The Londoners want to reward the player with a 50 per cent pay rise, pushing his salary up to £3million a year.

Ivanovic's current deal runs out in 2012 and Chelsea want to extend his stay until 2014.

Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay has slashed the club's annual wage bill, with a number of top earners leaving the club.

Michael Ballack, Deco, Joe Cole, Ricardo Carvalho and Juliano Belletti have all left.

Chelsea are under pressure to report an annual profit for the first time since Roman Abramovich bought the club in 2003 to meet UEFA's financial fair-play rules.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz13dg1ayAF