Contract Discussion

BlueLion.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently he is going to get a massive pay rise, I see then we have bottled it.

At the end of thday no-one has a clue what he is being offered. However signing up one of our most talented youngsters would be a LOT cheaper than spending out on some average squad player journeyman who will offer us very little. Over the next few years Kakuta can turn into a big big star.

At the end of thday no-one has a clue what he is being offered. However signing up one of our most talented youngsters would be a LOT cheaper than spending out on some average squad player journeyman who will offer us very little. Over the next few years Kakuta can turn into a big big star.

get him on a 5 y contract then we have a valuable player

I hope carlo gives him more freedom, teamspirit all fine and ok, but players like kakuta has to been supportet by the whole team als individual... the team has to been build around such players and not the player around the team... sounds strange but this is how it has to be, like messi, ronaldo, zidane and maradona...

the team has to trust him and unleash him...

• 4 weeks later...

Chelsea relief as Kakuta set to sign new contract

Chelsea winger Gael Kakuta is set to perform a U-turn and sign a new contract at Stamford Bridge.

The French star, whose current deal ends in June 2011, was expected to quit the club next year after negotiations to extend his stay in west London appeared to fizzle out.

But now manager Carlo Ancelotti has hinted things are back on track for the 19-year-old, who had been linked with a move to AC Milan.

"I don't have any news yet but I think he is very close to signing a contract," he said.

Kakuta, who has made nine appearances so far this season without scoring a goal, arrived at Chelsea from French club Lens in July 2007 in a controversial deal that at one point saw Chelsea banned handed a transfer ban.

The Blues were accused of inducing Kakuta to break a contract at Lens but the punishment laid down by FIFA was later overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which ruled the player's contract had never been valid in the first place.

Now it looks certain that the teenager, a French Under-20 international, will stay at Chelsea for the long term.

http://www.talksport...gn-new-contract

From all accounts Borini is a good little player and goalpoacher with killer instincts. These are qualities that are very interesting because you don't usually find those traits in young players.

Admittedly I don't watch much of the reserves but I read reports every now and again and his name is almost always on the score-sheet. I'm aware he scored five goals in a single game (!) against an experienced reserve team before his injury.

I hope we can keep him but the reports don't look good. Apparently they weren't letting him train with the first team because of his refusal to sign a new deal.

would love if this is true, have a bad feeling though that he will leave. If its not warped up by January, I'd say he will be gone. Also is he playing out of potion as a winger?

I thought he played attacking midfielder for France?