Contract Discussion

BlueLion.

The end of the campaign was also raised with regard to Chelsea, with it brought to the manager's attention that both Branislav Ivanovic and Jose Bosingwa are out of contract in the summer of 2011.

So, this means that Bran, Kakuta and Bosingwa are all in the final year of their contracts and able to talk to other clubs in regards to a move away in January. Pretty worrying when you consider how important these players are/could be. However, Carlo has said:

'I think the club will speak with them to sign a new contract. It is not my work, not my job to speak with the players about contracts,' he explained. 'If I don't like these players I could say before this season to go, [but] they are here - this means we are happy to keep Ivanovic and Bosingwa in our squad.'

Just hope we don't waste time and have another Joe Cole scenario.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2150011,00.html

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was surprised when I learnt about Ivan. Read on another thread that Kakuta's contract is in the process of renegotiation, so hopefully that should be sorted out pretty quickly. I guess the club will be waiting for Bosingwa to prove his fitness before extending his.

I wouldn't be worried about Ivanovic's contract as he's definitely one the club will fight to keep.Kakuta may have not signed a new contract yet but if there's any sense in the people at the club then we'll read about him signing a 4/5year extension in the coming months.

Bosingwa is a tricky case as we don't know if he's the same player after that injury,he may be classed as damaged goods and leave us in the summer.He was a Scolari signing and at the moment Ancelotti may consider him being 2nd fiddle.

I don't have any info on how much he earns but he would be mad to demand a raise

Hilario's contract also runs out.I'm 100% sure that we will not extend it.

I'm concerned about Bosingwa. Bayern Munich allegedly keep showing an interest in him (funny since they already have Philip Lahm and young Badstubber in the full-back roles), and he would certainly have a hell of a lot of interest from other clubs. I just hope we don't sell him, because he's got his best years ahead of him and is one bloody good player.

At the same time Alex, I think it would be absurd for the club to even entertain serious contract talks with Bosingwa until hes played 10/15 games, and proves he's back. Whether thats before or after January, who knows.

Hopefully he'll give the club the respect it deserves, and not listen to other offers (in January) until we make our decision on him.

At the same time Alex, I think it would be absurd for the club to even entertain serious contract talks with Bosingwa until hes played 10/15 games, and proves he's back. Whether thats before or after January, who knows.

Hopefully he'll give the club the respect it deserves, and not listen to other offers (in January) until we make our decision on him.

Ditto,as much as I want the club to treat all injured players and look after them we can not afford ourselves our own Owen Hargreaves.

I've done some research and it looks like Bosingwa is on 80,000 pounds per week while Ivanovic is on a 100,000 pounds per week contrac,at lest those were the reports when we signed them.

Agreed, he needs to prove his fitness.But after how good and consistent he was in 2008/09 I can't help but feel he'll be back to his best sooner rather than later. That being said its been 12 months since he even kicked a ball in a Chelsea shirt...

Ivanović is crucial for us,he plays in two positions he plays well all the time so he is a must stay.Kakuta is also a fantastic young player who tries his best and improves a lot he should also been given a new contract.But Boswinga hasn't played a lot we don't really need him if he is willing to stay only under some massive wage.

No way will we let Bosingwa go. Ferreira is our weak link at the moment. As soon as Bos is back we will sublime.

Ferreira's been quite solid in recent games actually. But Bosingwa will have to prove he's the same player when he comes back (emphasis on WHEN).