Contract Discussion

BlueLion.

Yes I agree. I really like Paulo as a player and as a person but the defensive side of his game really isn't as strong as it once was. He's been made to look a bit foolish at times this season, and I remember him getting done by Varney a couple of times today - if he played against Gareth Bale or Nani he'd be crucified time and time again. That's why I'm looking forward for Bosingwa's return - he's a little more refined and his pace and reading of the game make him a better all-round full-back in my view.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind Ferreira being here, usually gives a competent shift and gets forward well. Obviously I'd never want him to play against Bale again, but otherwise I'm quite happy with him here.

Ivanovic & Kakuta's contracts need to be sorted out asap, would like to see Bosingwa getting a run of games before he gets one too.

Edited by Cameron

• 3 weeks later...

Ivanovic close to new deal

skysports.com

Branislav Ivanovic's agent claims the Chelsea star is close to signing a contract extension at Stamford Bridge.

The Serbia international defender is tied to the Blues until the summer of 2011 and had been linked with a move to Juventus.

However, not only has Ivanovic's agent Vlado Borozan played down talk his client could join the Old Lady, but he says the stopper is close to committing his future to the Premier League champions.

Ivanovic has played a key role for Carlo Ancelotti's side so far this term, with previous first-choice Jose Bosingwa on the sidelines.

"There is no truth regarding contact between Ivanovic and Juve," he told Tuttomercatoweb.com. "Those rumours are without foundation.

"I believe the link may have been made due to the fact that my partner (Dejan) Joksmovic is (Milan) Krasic's agent and that Ivanovic's contract will expire in June 2011.

"But the lad is about to sign a contract extension with Chelsea so I really don't think he will be moving away."

brilliant piece of news!

I knew about Bosingwa and Kakuta out of contract, I wasn't aware Brano was as well!! :blink:

IMO, Bos is a player we should keep, but there are reasons for selling him, first and foremost, he's prone to injuries, and because he's had to recover from this long-term injury, it could be difficult for him to recoup some of the form that he used to have. He has 2 months to sort it, which it's not much time in all honesty.

As for Brano and Kakuta, I think these are two players we really should get new contracts for.. no excuses.

First mention of Kakuta's contract in todays press conference, and on the whole not particulary positve ones. Doesn't look like the negotiations are progressing well at all. Would be a disaster to lose Kakuta, doubly so if we lose him on a free.

First mention of Kakuta's contract in todays press conference, and on the whole not particulary positve ones. Doesn't look like the negotiations are progressing well at all. Would be a disaster to lose Kakuta, doubly so if we lose him on a free.

Tell me about it. Carlo looked annoyed as soon as it was brought up. I hope this is resolved sooner rather then later...

With the way we signed him, I mean the problems with FIFA and the transfer ban, which was eventually lifted though, and with Ancelotti praising him so much, I'd be really shocked if Chelsea FC let him go.

With the way we signed him, I mean the problems with FIFA and the transfer ban, which was eventually lifted though, and with Ancelotti praising him so much, I'd be really shocked if Chelsea FC let him go.

definately.

and looking at his options anyway....Barcelona & Real don`t need him, tho Jose could try to get him just to piss Roman,Carlo & Arnesen off,i guess....Man U are the ones who strike me as our main challengers for his long term services,every other top club don`t seem to have a need for him,....that would sting if he went to Man U..we gotta sign him. Gael and/or his agent gotta realise he`s gonna have to work himself up to be among the top earners...if he signs a 5 year deal with us,ihe`s likely to have it extended and with a further pay rise to closer to what the top earners get when he`s 22-24, if he plays like many of us believe he can.

great news about Bran..or promising news anyway..be great when he actually signs on the dotted line...strange how Italian teams have been sniffing round him since he signed for us..(and perhaps before) ...with what happened in Italy in midweek tho, if i was a Serbian i wouldn`t want to be playing in Italy..the Italians didn`t seem up for violence in midweek but they love it when the odds and numbers are heavily in their favour..e.g. ref and opposing players get hit by coins,bottles,flares...a couple of "scarfies" find themselves outnumbered in a dark alley and they getting cut up and usually their arse cheeks (weird i know..) etc...

i really do think Branislav is one of those players who truly loves playing for Chelsea tho,the style of English football etc....i think if he went to spain it would be like when Mark Hughes went to Barcelona in `86, certainly talented enough but too strong a physical presence to not be targetted all the time by the refs who want to protect their frilly knickered fairies from the mans side of the game.

as for Bosingwa..i was getting nervous for him but now he`s fit again..i think he got time to show his worth even if it`s gotta be by january..on the 1st of January,Chelsea will play the 18th game from now (Villa again btw)..i think aslong as he`s properly healed,even taking 3 or 4 games for him to get his match sharpness back..there are plenty of games left.