Contract Discussion

BlueLion.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope for the sake of Chelsea, that this contract crap is sorted as soon as possible. It could be a distraction for Kakuta, and could harm his performance if it isn't sorted out sooner rather then later.

I would be devastated if i ever saw Kakuta in another club's shirt!

I think it would be a Humongous mistake to let kakuta go on a free It would be a mistake for us because he is one of if not hes the best youth prospect we have And if kakuta goes to bayern or juve I see his development Hindered By Van gaals system/Juventuses struggles

If he wants a raise we should give him the raise

As i said in the past bosingwa would be a waste to let go on a free He should be good as new hopefully when hes back And will provide a fantastic part to our already great team and remembering the price we paid for him Is simple enough

Ivanovic Must be kept as well Hes got a load of value on him and hes useful in the back as well

Hoping the news at the top of the page is true Because that will put that out of the minds of the lads

I would extend kakuta for 3 years

Bosingwa for 2

And ivanovic for 4

Benayoun's injury was a god send for Kakuta, if it wasn't for that injury along with Kalou's, he would literally have no outlet for an opportunity.

AMEN

I think Kakuta has a massive chance to prove himself now, Chelsea realise that with Benayoun injured, they'll need to offer him a contract.

I don't think Benayoun's injury is going to affect Kakuta as I don't remember Ancelotti playing him on the wing much.He was mainly used centrally.
If he wants a raise we should give him the raise

As with every single player I believe he should earn that raise.The club's prosperity is more important than any player.

I don't get the fuss about Kakuta and his contract. He's a good young player but nothing more than that. Why should the club bend over backwards for him when he hasn't proved anything? He isn't the best youngster we've had at the club. Mikel at 19 was real potential, he was light years ahead of Kakuta at the same age. If it weren't for injuries to Drogba, Lampard, Kalou and Benayoun then Kakuta wouldn't probably even be in the match day squad.

He hasn't forced his way into the team because he most likely isn't good enough to. He is the beneficiary of injuries at this moment in time, not a world class youngster who deserves to start games. If he goes so what? He has done nothing and his potential is overstated. Robben at 20 was a world beater but people will have you believe Kakuta is just as good and it's laughable.

I don't get the fuss about Kakuta and his contract. He's a good young player but nothing more than that. Why should the club bend over backwards for him when he hasn't proved anything? He isn't the best youngster we've had at the club. Mikel at 19 was real potential, he was light years ahead of Kakuta at the same age. If it weren't for injuries to Drogba, Lampard, Kalou and Benayoun then Kakuta wouldn't probably even be in the match day squad.

He hasn't forced his way into the team because he most likely isn't good enough to. He is the beneficiary of injuries at this moment in time, not a world class youngster who deserves to start games. If he goes so what? He has done nothing and his potential is overstated. Robben at 20 was a world beater but people will have you believe Kakuta is just as good and it's laughable.

You probably haven't watched him play. So who is world class youngster? Neymar? Please, he also hasn't proved anything yet, just like Gael. Lukaku? He can be really bad sometimes.

So then when player is 19 you already know how good he is going to be? He has still couple of years to develop. Leap from reserves into a Chelsea first team is not that easy as you think it is.

Don't think that Josh will always play well!!

I am used of hearing all sorts of shit coming out of Chelsea fans, when we are speaking about our youngsters.

You probably haven't watched him play. So who is world class youngster? Neymar? Please, he also hasn't proved anything yet, just like Gael. Lukaku? He can be really bad sometimes.

So then when player is 19 you already know how good he is going to be? He has still couple of years to develop. Leap from reserves into a Chelsea first team is not that easy as you think it is.

Don't think that Josh will always play well!!

I am used of hearing all sorts of shit coming out of Chelsea fans, when we are speaking about our youngsters.

I've seen him play a fair few times for the youth, reserves, senior team and his country.

He is a good young player, better than the average infact. But I don't think he is a special young talent like Mikel and Robben were at the same age, the last two youngsters who have forced their way into becoming big players for the club.

I've seen him play a fair few times for the youth, reserves, senior team and his country.

He is a good young player, better than the average infact. But I don't think he is a special young talent like Mikel and Robben were at the same age, the last two youngsters who have forced their way into becoming big players for the club.

Big test for Kakuta to prove he is at the very least an option against Premier League teams in games that matter. If he doesn't perform to a decent level I'm sure he will not get another chance in games that matter unless we have a real injury crisis. Since we're already out of the Carling Cup he needs to impress if he wants minutes.

Things change, we have a completely different squad to what we had in 2004 when we signed Robben. It would be a lot harder for Gael to break into the first team now then it would for Robben to break into the team in 04. We are defending champions and its always going to be hard for a player to break into a first team when we are in form like this. He needs to wait for these opportunities when other players get injured and needs to do his best to step up. If he doesn't then he will have to look back on these games and look where he can improve.

At the end of the day the only way he can really impress, is too show it on the training ground. I agree when you say he needs to take his chances when they come but no one becomes a world class player when they don't get game time. Robben was playing regularly before he joined with us in 2004. Kakuta is basically sitting on our bench and playing with the reserves here and there.

In all fairness I've only ever seen one player who was a 'wonderkid' at 19 and that was Messi... we can't judge Gael on what is probably about 200 minutes of Premier League football.

Robben was world class at 19 and Mikel was very, very impressive. Kakuta hasn't struck me in the same way they have.

We can also judge Gael on the fact he doesn't get much playing time. Obviously he is deemed not good enough to get those minutes. People act as if we have a world class teenager at the club. Surely he would get minutes without having to have a serious injury crisis?

Just reading the reactions in this thread people want the club to throw a huge contract at him to make him stay. What has he done to deserve that? Thousands don't fulfill their potential and there is no guarantee Kakuta will.

Robben was world class at 19 and Mikel was very, very impressive. Kakuta hasn't struck me in the same way they have.

We can also judge Gael on the fact he doesn't get much playing time. Obviously he is deemed not good enough to get those minutes. People act as if we have a world class teenager at the club. Surely he would get minutes without having to have a serious injury crisis?

Just reading the reactions in this thread people want the club to throw a huge contract at him to make him stay. What has he done to deserve that? Thousands don't fulfill their potential and there is no guarantee Kakuta will.

Was Robben really world class at 19? He was certainly very good for his age but I think you can only consider him world class based on last season at Bayern; before that he was very much an inconsistent, hit-and-miss sort of player.

Kakuta probably hasn't struck you as the sort of player who can be world class because he hasn't played. You're assuming that's because Ancelotti doesn't think he is good enough to give him those minutes - however, that's where you're wrong. Ancelotti likes experienced footballers. We can see that from his old Milan side; besides Kaka and Pato, very few young players came through at the San Siro when Ancelotti was there. The same can be said of Chelsea - hence why we have signed players like Benayoun and still have the likes of Ferreira in the squad. Ancelotti likes players proven at this level; I see him as a very cautious manager. You have to consider Chelsea's position - as a big club on the world stage there is a demand for instant success. That means more Premier Leagues, more FA Cups, and an illusive first Champions League trophy. You can't win trophies like that by giving youngsters playing time. There's a reason why Arsenal have such a good quota of young players - it's because they haven't won anything in years. Wenger gives them time, which is something a club like Chelsea cannot afford to give. Sooner or later there will be a transitional season for this club where the youth are promoted and we say goodbye to the likes of Lampard, Terry and Drogba, but until then it is going to be incredibly hard for young players to even be given minutes let alone make themselves regular players. Ancelotti is under pressure to win, and when you're under that strain you can't afford to play too many youngsters.

Carlo is doing the right thing; he is giving the kids experience when and where he can.

Either way you look at it, now is Kakuta's time to shine.

Was Robben really world class at 19? He was certainly very good for his age but I think you can only consider him world class based on last season at Bayern; before that he was very much an inconsistent, hit-and-miss sort of player.

Kakuta probably hasn't struck you as the sort of player who can be world class because he hasn't played. You're assuming that's because Ancelotti doesn't think he is good enough to give him those minutes - however, that's where you're wrong. Ancelotti likes experienced footballers. We can see that from his old Milan side; besides Kaka and Pato, very few young players came through at the San Siro when Ancelotti was there. The same can be said of Chelsea - hence why we have signed players like Benayoun and still have the likes of Ferreira in the squad. Ancelotti likes players proven at this level; I see him as a very cautious manager. You have to consider Chelsea's position - as a big club on the world stage there is a demand for instant success. That means more Premier Leagues, more FA Cups, and an illusive first Champions League trophy. You can't win trophies like that by giving youngsters playing time. There's a reason why Arsenal have such a good quota of young players - it's because they haven't won anything in years. Wenger gives them time, which is something a club like Chelsea cannot afford to give. Sooner or later there will be a transitional season for this club where the youth are promoted and we say goodbye to the likes of Lampard, Terry and Drogba, but until then it is going to be incredibly hard for young players to even be given minutes let alone make themselves regular players. Ancelotti is under pressure to win, and when you're under that strain you can't afford to play too many youngsters.

Carlo is doing the right thing; he is giving the kids experience when and where he can.

Either way you look at it, now is Kakuta's time to shine.

Kaka and Pato; two very good young footballers. That's why they got their chance under Ancelotti. Chelsea will only play the best youngsters like Robben and Mikel. The club just hasn't been lucky enough to find young players as good as those two were.

I do think McEachran has a chance. I see a level of technique and calmness in his play that I haven't seen in many young players.

Kaka and Pato; two very good young footballers. That's why they got their chance under Ancelotti. Chelsea will only play the best youngsters like Robben and Mikel. The club just hasn't been lucky enough to find young players as good as those two were.

I do think McEachran has a chance. I see a level of technique and calmness in his play that I haven't seen in many young players.

They mainly got their chance at Milan because of a lack of options. Mikel and Robben were the same - Mourinho only really had Cole, Duff and Robben as wide men as he favoured a 4-3-3, hence the reason we've signed a fair few wingers since then. Similarly with Makelele retiring we needed a new defensive linchpin in the midfield, and the tall and athletic Mikel was ideal. Kakuta is an awkward one because he will never break through as an attacking midfielder due to Lampard and Essien and out wide there is no way he can displace Anelka or Malouda. It's hard for him, but he has potential and the ability to be a great footballer.

They mainly got their chance at Milan because of a lack of options. Mikel and Robben were the same - Mourinho only really had Cole, Duff and Robben as wide men as he favoured a 4-3-3, hence the reason we've signed a fair few wingers since then. Similarly with Makelele retiring we needed a new defensive linchpin in the midfield, and the tall and athletic Mikel was ideal. Kakuta is an awkward one because he will never break through as an attacking midfielder due to Lampard and Essien and out wide there is no way he can displace Anelka or Malouda. It's hard for him, but he has potential and the ability to be a great footballer.

Robben was clearly better than Duff and Cole despite being younger and coming from a weaker league.

Mikel has played 170 odd games in a midfield that at one point included heavyweights like Makelele, Essien, Ballack, Lampard and Deco.

They were both comfortably ahead of Kakuta in terms of talent to suggest otherwise is simply wrong. Kakuta at this moment in time is 50-50 and with his contract up in the air I'd suggest he is more liekly to leave then stay because he is doing nothing to make the club offer him the huge contract his agent is likely pushing for,