Ramires

DavidEU

3 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Can't respect anyone who basically whored himself out to an unknown league. Money over ambition.

Ambition?  He's won it all at Chelsea, he's represented Brazil 50+ times in a 6 year period.  

It's not like he forced the move to China, he just wanted playing time and his agent got him a nice contract. 

24 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

So football is about winning everything once then fucking off to an unknown league that pays ridiculous wages. That's terrible in my opinion.

Not everybody has the ambition to carve his/her name in stone, especially when you know you are too limited to play a serious role in serious teams. He lived the football dream with us, achieved more than most players of his calibre will ever achieve and is now going to stroll through a mickey mouse league for insane money. I would also be very tempted. I think I have heard he does charity in Brazil, didn't he grow up in some shitty place and is now helping children in that region? Or was it Diego, or both? Anyway, this could be good means to raise funds for his projects.. just like Drogba did.

59 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

So football is about winning everything once then fucking off to an unknown league that pays ridiculous wages. That's terrible in my opinion.

A footballer's career is short; his prerogative is to earn as much as he can to support his wife and children for the rest of their lives. If you can earn double the money and work half as hard in your own job, you're telling me that you wouldn't go for it? 

Genuinely very sad to see him go, purely for sentimental reasons as the fee was too big to turn down and he deserves to be playing regularly. 

An incredible professional and servant to the club and generally a very underrated player. Never really got the credit but he was one of the best players in Europe in 2012. Certainly changed the history of this club when he played a crucial role in us winning the CL.

But what a story he is. From a construction worker in Brazil to basically winning every possible honor in England and Europe with us, to this big-money move now. Generally, I'm not at all fond of rich people, but I couldn't be happier for Rami picking up those massive paycheck. 

His erratic technique on the ball served as a constant reminder for me that this guy was never even part of a youth academy, but maybe it was part of the reason why he seemed to only score wonder goals. Genuinely believe he was one of the best finishers in our squad. Just wish someone would make a video compilation of all of his goals here.

Thank you for everything, Rambo. Wish you all the best in the world. 

12 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Can't respect anyone who basically whored himself out to an unknown league. Money over ambition.

that's embarrassing mate. He's already shown ambition by winning every trophy there is to win here and now wants to cash in on his legs while he still can.

I keep reading that he's proven himself. No he hasn't. That's like saying Mikel has proven himself because he's been here and won everything. What???

He hasn't proven he's an above average footballer yet. You're supposed to prove that you at least want to be great if you get into this profession. You can't do that in Asia.

One UCL, one Premier league, Europa league, two domestic cups.

I think he is actually really happy with what he achieved and with the part he played in most of this trophies. He won it all. And I don't think he has so much confidence to play at top level for long. So, that move kinda makes sense.

Thank you and good luck!

June would have been good time to leave. He could have been just what we need in Paris and the return leg - as legs start to flag

always gave 100% -will miss his tireless runs, goals, yellow cards -but not some of his passing !