Ramires

DavidEU

watch their game vs barcelona last season if you think milner is good enough. never have i seen a footballer so out of his depth.

One game? I can name high calibre players who have looked out of their depth in one game. Any player can have a complete off day. Milner is a very good player. I don't see how you can judge him on one game.

Hes a central midfielder. Thats where he played at Villa and was easily his best position. Hes not a top 4 player. Not in the slightest. Sure he can cross and pass the ball but so can Stewart Downing does that mean hes good enough to play here?

Milner spent most of his time at Villa (and at City) playing out wide before being moved to the middle few games before he left Villa. That 'not a top 4 player' argument is not convincing really. You're speaking as if the all top 4 teams have players of the highest quality. Heck, you could probably pick out a few players from our squad right now who isn't a top 4 player. Just because some players aren't, doesn't mean they won't be good/effective for us. United have had plenty of those down the years under Fergie and we've had those as well.

Milner spent most of his time at Villa (and at City) playing out wide before being moved to the middle few games before he left Villa. That 'not a top 4 player' argument is not convincing really. You're speaking as if the all top 4 teams have players of the highest quality. Heck, you could probably pick out a few players from our squad right now who isn't a top 4 player. Just because some players aren't, doesn't mean they won't be good/effective for us. United have had plenty of those down the years under Fergie and we've had those as well.

At the end of the day, Milner would be nothing more than a HG squad player at Chelsea...hopefully Mourinho/the board are looking to attract better players in the next transfer window

At the end of the day, Milner would be nothing more than a HG squad player at Chelsea...hopefully Mourinho/the board are looking to attract better players in the next transfer window

Obviously that is the most important but if we can help improve the squad depth, especially if some players were to leave, then I don't see why we should pass up the opportunity to sign a someone like Milner who won't cost a thing.

i just dont get this discussion.

are we actually discussing about milner as a RAMBO replacement.

i know rambo has got limitations. a lot of limitations. but people expect me to believe that milner can do the rambo job in the carling cup final, against spurs? they have got to be deluded. would rather see moses or one of our armies of loanees playing on the wings than milner.

RLC ??

If we are really that worried about English players, bring back Bamford next season and give RLC a chance as a squad member

Let's not kid ourselves, if we wanted to develop youth players we would need to sack our manager first.

Ramires is a good squad player, but should be nothing more. He does not complain about sitting on the bench or playing out of position.
Furthermore he seems like nice guy and executes Mourinhos instructions perfectly, his brutality is legendary, for example ask Mario Götze, lol.
Especially in the games against PSG i saw his limitations, next season Koke/Pogba should overtake his spot.
Sadly i am not so sure Mourinho would agree, because Mourinho believes in playing reactive football.

Whoever has the ball has fear.

I think Ramires would like that comment, lol.

Yes but Fergie had players like O'Shea, Brown, Park Ji Sung who were rarely used but when they played, put in big performances, especially Park Ji Sung who was quite an underrated footballer I think. Milner v Bayern x2, Milner v United, Milner v Barca x2... big games and was a disaster in most to be fair.

He played as a CM at Villa especially when they had Young and Downing on the wings. Hes not good enough to play here, people talk about Willian, Ramires and Oscar being players who work harder than players who create chances and stuff, do we really need another one, especially an inferior player to those 3? If he wasn't English nobody would be mentioning him right now. I mean I'd even have Jordan Henderson ahead of him and quite frankly hes another average English player. English players in the market right now bar Rooney, Sterling and Barkley really aren't worth buying. I'd rather we kept getting value for money and buying better foreign players than shite English players and I'm sure most will agree. Until the quality improves whats the point in ruining a talented squad with better players than shite like Milner? I get we need to have players who rotate who aren't the greatest but we already have enough of them on our books and out on loan rather than investing in 29 year old Englishmen who aren't good enough.

Yes but Fergie had players like O'Shea, Brown, Park Ji Sung who were rarely used but when they played, put in big performances, especially Park Ji Sung who was quite an underrated footballer I think. Milner v Bayern x2, Milner v United, Milner v Barca x2... big games and was a disaster in most to be fair.

Can agree about Park Ji Sung but O'Shea and Brown were rarely used? They played more often than you think.

As for the games you picked out there, isn't it convenient to select those games? Like Stats mentioned above, anyone can look out of their depth against Bayern or Barcelona and Milner might not have played well against United in the recent game (hardly a disaster) but what about the previous ones, like last season for instance?

Quite frankly I can't stop thinking about poor old Rami - such terrible timing to miss all the celebrations.

This is actually a very interesting subplot; I wonder what understanding the players had of the situation and its seriousness. I daresay details may have been kept from them so they could focus on the game and enjoy the impending celebrations afterwards without a teammate's health in the back of their minds.