Ramires

DavidEU

Bradford. I want him gone since we need a b2b rather than a ball winner, and someone who can shoot. Poor on the ball, no vision. RLC is already better IMO, especially in a 4-3-3 for us.

Unless we shove him out on the wing just to push the ball forward, but Willian if he has Dave behind him can do that too.

Please say you were high when you said this?

He wasn't great today to be fair but like I said at the end of last season getting rid of him would be stupid, hes still an excellent player to have in the squad and can still be key in bigger games.

The best way to use him appears to be as an 'impact-sub' at the moment; the majority of his best recent performances have come when he has been introduced into the game as a sub in the 60-70th minute. He rarely seems able to find any genuine rhythm or consistency to his play when he is on the pitch from kick-off.

Let's not forget about the most bizarre thing that happened today on the pitch - Ramires overhead kick pass to Ivanovic. Man, his thinking is something else, what the hell he's got in his brain we will never know for sure.

Let's not forget about the most bizarre thing that happened today on the pitch - Ramires overhead kick pass to Ivanovic. Man, his thinking is something else, what the hell he's got in his brain we will never know for sure.

hahhha.. i remember that. simple pass to him, somehow his first touch got the ball over his head (a bloody 5 yard pass and a touch which took the ball over his head.) and then a brilliant overhead kick to retain the ball otherwise we surely would have lost it to the 2 hull players on the prowl... rambo is just weird

Please say you were high when you said this?

He wasn't great today to be fair but like I said at the end of last season getting rid of him would be stupid, hes still an excellent player to have in the squad and can still be key in bigger games.

Don't think so. He was shit today and I can't remember a time in this season where he hasn't been shit for us. Hauled off for Oscar pretty much at half time as he left Matic with so much work to do that Hull with 5 at the back overran our midfield.

I really just can't see how you can justify him being in the first team ahead of Ruben atm, let alone Mikel....

Slowly becoming a skinnier and faster Mikel, which is not what I expected or wanted after his 11-12 season. Mourinho failed in his quest to turn him into the new Essien :( instead now we have the new Mikel.

stopped reading at the skinnier and faster Mikel. Ramires and Mikel are nothing alike. Well, perhaps being black.

Mikel can defend, he can make a simple five yard pass, he can withstand physical battles without giving away pointless dangerous free kicks. Mikel has a cool head too, he uses his brain. Mikel has defensive midfield positional awareness, etc

Mikel has his deficiencies but the ridiculous bashing he gets on here is quite frankly brainless.

I just wish I could somehow block my eyes from seeing Ramires play again, this guy can drives me nuts!

There can never be a comparison btn Ramires and Essien.

Essien in his prime was the most complete midfielder I've ever seen. Opponents were terrified of him before even stepping on the field.

He had every thing, POWER,STRENGTH,PASSING,STAMINA,POSITIONAL AWARENESS,DRIBBLING AND MOVING THE BALL FORWARD, SHOOTING, YOU NAME IT-HE HAD IT. Essien was incredible. There was no player who could match him.

It's very insulting to name Ramires and Essien in the same sentence. Ramires is supposed to be in his prime, at the peak of his powers and yet he is completely dogshite. 4 f**ks sake, the guy turned the ball over by making a 4yard pass to Ivanovic's head today, I mean really. Ivanovic was dogshite today too-but that a different discussion

Haha that was brilliant to watch. At first I thought he overhit it but Bran kept it inside.

The best way to use him appears to be as an 'impact-sub' at the moment; the majority of his best recent performances have come when he has been introduced into the game as a sub in the 60-70th minute. He rarely seems able to find any genuine rhythm or consistency to his play when he is on the pitch from kick-off.

Agree, thought he was very good after coming on for Matic against Southampton.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/23/chelsea-star-ramires-produced-amazing-pass-of-the-season-against-hull-city-5116188/

Exacerbated midfield problems vs Hull. Someone referred to Matic being average, I believe it's due to him having to cover so much ground. Oscar, despite being technically deficient, he does add a defensive element. When we went to 4-3-3 after Ramires was subbed with Oscar next to Cesc our midfield immediately stabilised.

I noticed he was drifting onto the wings a lot too. His decline as a player has simply been amazing, despite the fact I have never been much of a fan of Ramires. Could use with an upgrade on him, a B2B CM such as Gundogan before RLC matures.

Don't think so. He was shit today and I can't remember a time in this season where he hasn't been shit for us. Hauled off for Oscar pretty much at half time as he left Matic with so much work to do that Hull with 5 at the back overran our midfield.

I really just can't see how you can justify him being in the first team ahead of Ruben atm, let alone Mikel....

Your faith in a young player who has not played over 45 minutes for Chelsea in one game in comparison to a guy who was vital to us winning the CL and has racked up lots and lots of appearances here under 5 managers is crazy. I don't get this RLC could easily be a first team regular here wank fest thing to be honest, hes a good young player, a very good player at u21 level but u21 isn't even championship standard and not even you can disagree with that. How anybody can justify someone playing u21 football to be in the team ahead of players like Ramires or Mikel is crazy.

I see you've also not mentioned how piss poor Matic has been in most games in 2015 as well as trying to shift the blame onto Ramires about the Hull game. Matic gets away with some flack on this forum, hes a great player but really struggling right now. Does this mean RLC can replace him as well?

When we play shit or scrape a result everyone seems to turn on Ramires or Gary Cahill for some reason.

Also anyone saying Ramires is turning into Mikel do yourself a favor and stop watching football....

Your faith in a young player who has not played over 45 minutes for Chelsea in one game in comparison to a guy who was vital to us winning the CL and has racked up lots and lots of appearances here under 5 managers is crazy. I don't get this RLC could easily be a first team regular here wank fest thing to be honest, hes a good young player, a very good player at u21 level but u21 isn't even championship standard and not even you can disagree with that. How anybody can justify someone playing u21 football to be in the team ahead of players like Ramires or Mikel is crazy.

I see you've also not mentioned how piss poor Matic has been in most games in 2015 as well as trying to shift the blame onto Ramires about the Hull game. Matic gets away with some flack on this forum, hes a great player but really struggling right now. Does this mean RLC can replace him as well?

When we play shit or scrape a result everyone seems to turn on Ramires or Gary Cahill for some reason.

Also anyone saying Ramires is turning into Mikel do yourself a favor and stop watching football....

Because he has been in decline for the last 2 seasons... I'm pretty sure RLC could do a dribble of more than 2 yds. THAT is why I don't like Ramires. No ball control. All he has is raw speed. He is one of the most frustrating players of this season for me, he's had so many good opportunities but has failed to finish.

I'm sorry, but I just can't see what you see in him. Btw I don't just turn on Ramires when we lose.

See how Matic sprinted ahead of Ramires to try and stop the cross for hulls first goal while ramires was just jogging back, that was just wrong imo. I feel he could have distracted the crosser from putting in a perfect cross if he put in some desire. He needs to get his positional sense back

Hahaha Yeah, that should have went out of touch and it would have summed up Ramires right there. But somehow he found Ivanovic and turned out to be an amazing pass lol.