Ramires

DavidEU

Lmao, what a nightmare lineup.

Do Chelsea need another player who has better workrate than end product?

If we sold Ramires, Milner would be a great alternative yeah. As I've mentioned before, perfect utility player, and IMO he's underrated.

Ramires is nothing more than a water carrier who can score the occasional screamer, he lacks the technical ability and football iq to be a great player. Milner is not much better but he can at least control a ball and pass efficiently. IMO we need to move away from these sort of signings, we need more technical players who are smarter with and without the ball, players such as Schneiderlin, Koke, Gündogan, André Gomes, Veratti, Cabaye etc.

If we sold Ramires, Milner would be a great alternative yeah. As I've mentioned before, perfect utility player, and IMO he's underrated.

What does James Milner add to the squad that we don't already have though?

- Average CM, we got Ramires for that.

- Average RW, we got Willian.

- Defensive contribution from RW, Willian.

- Defensive contribution from CAM, Willian and Oscar.

- Little goal contribution from RW/CAM, Willian.

Milner wants to be a starter. If we make the right signings in the summer, he won't be.

This. Milner is a good player but he won't leave City to join us. He will find himself in the same predicament. Don't see it happening at all.

I feel like we've got enough pace elsewhere in the team (Hazard, Willian, Cuadrado, Remy) if we need it. Milner is a much better utility man than Ramires because he's simply a better footballer. The only thing we would lose as mentioned before is Ramires' ability to break through the middle at pace but then again, we have the likes of Willian and Hazard for that. Feel like a Matic - Milner - Fabregas midfield for example is a lot more solid than Ramires instead of him. Milner isn't the slowest either.

Or Hazard - Willian - Milner. Milner can also play the 10 role in our system. He would be much better for it IMO. I feel like the pros outweigh the cons massively.

I usually respect your posts and generally agree with them but I have to say, Milner wouldn't add anything to our squad, except for the fact that he's Homegrown.

I'd rather save the wages we would have to pay Milner and focus on signing a top-class midfielder

I think Ramires is a better player simple because he is world class in a certain aspect of his game that is hard to find. Milner is just average in everything. Because of that i feel Ramires will hardly ever be out of place in a high end game and when everything clicks together for Ramires he can be a world class player on his day.

So when it comes to balancing a team Ramires would be a better fit, Milner doesn't really give you anything of what you need.

When's the last time Ramires scored a shit goal? His finishing is ridiculously good.

That doesn't mean his finishing is good. I can count so many one-on-one with the GK chances, which he misses. That would mean good finishing. To be fair, Ramires's finishing is really poor, but he can sometimes explode with worldies.

Yes.

Milner doesn't offer anything Ramires does except for being English and perhaps a bit better technically but still lacks positional sense (Ramires does as well) as you can see with why whn hes played central midfield for City hes always charging around to get back into position because he has been out of it and doesn't win as many tackles as Rami does. The game against Arsenal Ramires had a good game, is Milner better than that Ramires? No definitely not.

The only aspect Ramires has over Milner is his physical attributes - pace, stamina, strength etc. Otherwise, Milner is much better technically (not just a bit) - he can pass the ball, can cross the ball and heck even deliver proper set pieces into dangerous areas. Not sure why you mentioned Milner's problems in midfield when he's more of a wide player than anything else. He has shown he can player well in that position and combine, play 1-2s effectively with other creative players around him. His combination with Silva in particular has always been great to watch - the movement, the simple passing - and that has always been effective.

people want to sell cahill and on the other hand want to buy a worse player than rambo with no resale value what so ever. no sorry.

if rambo goes, then we should buy a proper replacement like scheinderlein.

I don't want us to sell Cahill though. And I wouldn't even call Schneiderlin a Ramires replacement because the guy can only play in one position.

I don't want us to sell Cahill though. And I wouldn't even call Schneiderlin a Ramires replacement because the guy can only play in one position.

if we want ramires' versatility and his big game performances and his engine, i am sorry to say, we wont find it anywhere in the world.

milner wont be half a decent replacement. honestly, tell me if milner can do a job like rambo did against arsenal in the 2nd half when we tweaked the formation. for me, milner would be a good squad player against the likes of leicester where he can provide us with some better attacking than rambo but that is not rambo's USP. its the big games and big moments that he shines.

i was not talking about you, but people are already setting their minds on selling GC (summer transfer window thread), which is so weird cos RM might get a transfer ban and wont be able to buy a varane replacement which means they wont sell him in any way.

people want to sell cahill and on the other hand want to buy a worse player than rambo with no resale value what so ever. no sorry.

if rambo goes, then we should buy a proper replacement like scheinderlein.

Realistically Cahill is going nowhere. First choice England centre back, no leadership skills but he's the natural successor to Terry unless we can get Varane, and even then we might not see the back of him.

Plus he's better than people round here reckon. Even if he's not likely to be Captain (Ivanovic/Fabregas will get it IMO)

The only aspect Ramires has over Milner is his physical attributes - pace, stamina, strength etc. Otherwise, Milner is much better technically (not just a bit) - he can pass the ball, can cross the ball and heck even deliver proper set pieces into dangerous areas. Not sure why you mentioned Milner's problems in midfield when he's more of a wide player than anything else. He has shown he can player well in that position and combine, play 1-2s effectively with other creative players around him. His combination with Silva in particular has always been great to watch - the movement, the simple passing - and that has always been effective.

Hes a central midfielder. Thats where he played at Villa and was easily his best position. Hes not a top 4 player. Not in the slightest. Sure he can cross and pass the ball but so can Stewart Downing does that mean hes good enough to play here?