Ramires

DavidEU

I know sometimes the situation requires it but if we can, we should really stop Ramires from trying to be a playmaker. Every time he tries to pass the ball, be it short or long, it goes straight to an opposition player. :doh:

On the other hand, the goal yesterday was quite something though and it was with his weaker left foot. :clap:

I know sometimes the situation requires it but if we can, we should really stop Ramires from trying to be a playmaker. Every time he tries to pass the ball, be it short or long, it goes straight to an opposition player. :doh:

On the other hand, the goal yesterday was quite something though and it was with his weaker left foot. :clap:

When's the last time Ramires scored a shit goal? His finishing is ridiculously good.

I would sell Ramires and get in Milner on a free.

Milner is a decent player available on a free but Ramires is definitely better footballer. Also is a few years younger. Milner isn't top 4 quality.

Milner is a decent player available on a free but Ramires is definitely better footballer. Also is a few years younger. Milner isn't top 4 quality.

Fully disagree, I think Milner is a really good player that does essentially what Ramires does but in a better way. The only trade off is the loss of pace, but that'd be okay considering Milner is better in almost every other aspect.

Fully disagree, I think Milner is a really good player that does essentially what Ramires does but in a better way. The only trade off is the loss of pace, but that'd be okay considering Milner is better in almost every other aspect.

The last thing this team needs is less pace. Milner is pretty good, but I'd rather have Ramires for the utility man role.

If Chels wants to add Englishmen to the team, put up the money and buy one or two young ones.

The last thing this team needs is less pace. Milner is pretty good, but I'd rather have Ramires for the utility man role.

If Chels wants to add Englishmen to the team, put up the money and buy one or two young ones.

I feel like we've got enough pace elsewhere in the team (Hazard, Willian, Cuadrado, Remy) if we need it. Milner is a much better utility man than Ramires because he's simply a better footballer. The only thing we would lose as mentioned before is Ramires' ability to break through the middle at pace but then again, we have the likes of Willian and Hazard for that. Feel like a Matic - Milner - Fabregas midfield for example is a lot more solid than Ramires instead of him. Milner isn't the slowest either.

Or Hazard - Willian - Milner. Milner can also play the 10 role in our system. He would be much better for it IMO. I feel like the pros outweigh the cons massively.

Wait, what? Ramires a better footballer than Milner?!

Chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

Yes.

Milner doesn't offer anything Ramires does except for being English and perhaps a bit better technically but still lacks positional sense (Ramires does as well) as you can see with why whn hes played central midfield for City hes always charging around to get back into position because he has been out of it and doesn't win as many tackles as Rami does. The game against Arsenal Ramires had a good game, is Milner better than that Ramires? No definitely not.

Hes only at City because hes English and can play a few positions, he was a good player at Villa but never quite top 4 material and I think thats clear to see for the fact he can't get a game consistently in his common position (which is central midfield) or even out wide, when Fernandinho and Fernando have been poor in the middle this year and Navas and Nasri poor outwide.

I get we lack English players but if you think we should be looking at players at Milners level then why don't we go after Stewart Downing or Adam Johnson (before he got done for noncing) instead of Salah or even Defoe instead of Remy when we needed a striker? They are clearly not top 4 material... although I'd of taken Defoe as third choice over Drogba tbf.

I feel like we've got enough pace elsewhere in the team (Hazard, Willian, Cuadrado, Remy) if we need it. Milner is a much better utility man than Ramires because he's simply a better footballer. The only thing we would lose as mentioned before is Ramires' ability to break through the middle at pace but then again, we have the likes of Willian and Hazard for that. Feel like a Matic - Milner - Fabregas midfield for example is a lot more solid than Ramires instead of him. Milner isn't the slowest either.

Or Hazard - Willian - Milner. Milner can also play the 10 role in our system. He would be much better for it IMO. I feel like the pros outweigh the cons massively.

Hmm, I don't think I rate Milner as highly as you do (especially in the middle). I don't like the thought of Milner playing (fairly) regularly at Chelsea.