Ramires

DavidEU

I dont know... he was a wonderful finisher in around 2012 (FA cup final, Camp Nou for example).

We need a good Ramires, always good to have him in those big games.

He's actually not a good finisher but he can score amazing goals.

He was good but his end product (finishing in particular) was poor, not going to lie. I do love his energy though, to constantly go from box to box is amazing. I hope he regains his form because tacticaly he gives us so many options.

For a deep midfielder who hasn't played a lot of football its to be expected. We can nitpick all we want about what he can't do, the fact remains he is indispensable to the squad.

Love him, cracking game today.

Wow we started playing football again properly as soon as this guy hit the field. Really contributed to winning so many balls in midfield, exactly what we have been lacking in other games like the Liverpool and Spurs away games. I expect to see him start at Etihad on Saturday.

Wow we started playing football again properly as soon as this guy hit the field. Really contributed to winning so many balls in midfield, exactly what we have been lacking in other games like the Liverpool and Spurs away games. I expect to see him start at Etihad on Saturday.

stamford bridge.

My Ramires is back, that’s the second best news of the day. The first to be in the final but to have our Ramires back after weeks of work and sacrifice.
— Jose Mourinho

Spoke like a father who found his lost child...

He's actually not a good finisher but he can score amazing goals.

Ramires tends to score when you least expect him to. Next time, we all should just have low expectations and allow ourselves to be amazed by him.

he played very well defensively and even better than I expected supporting the attack. He's been barely playing, recovering from something physical, we can't just expect him to be perfect.

It was a very good match from him, one of the few that had stamina (when he doesn't, although Willian is giving him a run for his money on that department) and he worked well on both ends of the pitch. He presented himself for the transition, he presented himself for the attack. If Ramires can somehow reach the form he had very early this season before he got injured, I can't see him leaving the team. He was very good then and he was very good today.

Hope he keeps surprising me, as I don't normally expect anything good from him offensively or from his passing.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or has he stopped running into the box as often as he did in his early Chelsea career?

Nowadays I know he plays as a CDM mostly but surely Jose should allow him freedom against parked bus like today? That game away to Everton earlier this season was the only time I remember him doing it and he scored.