Ramires

DavidEU

Brilliant player again. Him at full strenght, Matic back and both GKs in top form, we should be able to do well against PSG. We missed that energy and pace in midfield, now with Rambo, we have that. And he is born to play well in bigger games too.

I would seriously consider playing

Rambo-Matic-Cesc

His second-half performance was so poor, made worse by Fabregas playing alongside him with minimal energy and mobility, and made EVEN worse by Matic looking somewhat off-colour as well. He probably shouldn't have started this game ahead of Willian, and certainly should have been replaced at half-time (instead of Oscar) to allow us to take full advantage of our extra man; instead he remained on the pitch and offered us almost nothing for the remainder of the game.

There are games/situations in which Ramires can be very useful to the team, and there are games/situations in which Ramires can be entirely useless; a game in which the opposition are down a man and need to score to stand a chance of progressing in the tournament is very much in the latter category. We needed to keep possession more effectively, we needed more attacking coherence (which we would probably have had with both Oscar and Willian on the pitch together), we needed more positional awareness etc.; Ramires is not a player capable of providing these things.

He is very good at some certain things but so incredibly limited at others it's such a shame. Nightmarish performance tonight but i don't feel like complaining much about Rami because this is just like the way it is with him lately and i don't have any other expectations sadly.

He just always seems to make bad decisions!

Or he makes a stupid foul, or he takes the worst decision to shoot on goal from a bad position... And mostly just starts running with the ball and his head down... straight into the defenders...

I praise him for his work-rate and commitment... But I'm afraid his Chelsea days are over. We just need a better and more intelligent player on his position!!

Ramires would be an excellent player on Madrid.

His 1v1 scoring ability is by far the best on this team and his pace/workrate is electric. Selling him to Madrid would make Madrid a lot better than khedira under madrid's tactics.