Ramires

DavidEU

Everyone pressed against Arsenal, and a lot of the time that was high up the pitch. But I agree we need more of it on the pitch and that's something the players are still getting to grips with. Schurrle is getting there after 6 months here and hopefully Salah follows suit next season. It's very much a building process and I think Ramires is currently a necessary evil, but I really hope that doesn't continue into next season.

I'd like to think we have ambitions for more in midfield quite honestly.

Think from the glimpses we've seen from Salah he's shown that he can do the pressing game very well. His work rate has been excellent.

Think from the glimpses we've seen from Salah he's shown that he can do the pressing game very well. His work rate has been excellent.

I agree, but I'm not really going to judge him until next season. He's young, it's a new league, a new country, a new system....just like I urged caution when he wasn't pulling up trees in his first few appearances I'm going to hold off on building him up too soon.

But that speed :getin::getin:

Yes I am a broken record but his technical ability and decision making must rank as one of the worst for all the midfielders left in the CL, if not the worst. Was I the only one surprised not to see Mourinho substitute him?! Not sure whether that's because he thinks Ramires is really good or because the alternatives are worse; I guess we'll see next season but Ramires committed about 3 fouls after his yellow card, and with the best part of 40 mins to go, he was one more foul away from a red card which seemed pretty damn likely given how wreckless he is.

Yes I am a broken record but his technical ability and decision making must rank as one of the worst for all the midfielders left in the CL, if not the worst. Was I the only one surprised not to see Mourinho substitute him?! Not sure whether that's because he thinks Ramires is really good or because the alternatives are worse; I guess we'll see next season but Ramires committed about 3 fouls after his yellow card, and with the best part of 40 mins to go, he was one more foul away from a red card which seemed pretty damn likely given how wreckless he is.

Why would you substitute Ramires when he is going to be suspended the next match.

Matudi is the better version of Ramires.

Why would you substitute Ramires when he is going to be suspended the next match.

Matudi is the better version of Ramires.

matuidi is not as fast as Ramires. Maybe slightly better at anything else including football brain, but Matuidi is not the level one should aim for either.

The thing is who will we play at the bridge with Ramires out? We only got Lamps, Luiz and Mikel. Any combination bears huge risks.

matuidi is not as fast as Ramires. Maybe slightly better at anything else including football brain, but Matuidi is not the level one should aim for either.

The thing is who will we play at the bridge with Ramires out? We only got Lamps, Luiz and Mikel. Any combination bears huge risks.

Agree, however, Matudi is faster than most cms, its just Ramires is in the top 1 percentile.

I would think we play mikel and luiz and lamps. However, I don't know how we plan to score goals with that lineup.

I was on edge as soon as he got booked, he is so fucking clumsy it's unreal.

I don't know where we go with this bloke, I really don't. He can't pass, he struggles to read the game and apart from his pace I can't identify what he has to offer.

He needs to become an often used squad player next season. We need a new, world class CM and use Ramires in specific situations and against certain types of sides.

Your description of him is spot on. He's way more of an athlete than a proper footballer. We need a footballer.

It's weird because remember early in the season he was one of, if not our best player and was undroppable. He's completely fallen off the planet.

TBH I would seriously think about selling him this summer but I know Jose wont sell him.

I agree, apart from the 2011/12 season, all he seems to do is run and foul. If we want to consistently compete at the highest level, we should look at a replacement, definitely much better players out there. Sorry guys, I'm new here, this is just my opinion :)

I've tried really hard to believe what he has to offer is good, but he keeps proving to everyone that he is a problem. He's just not enough of a footballer, you have guys like Jordan Henderson that have been branded as just a runner in the past but if you compare him to our Ramires, Hendo is practically Messi compared to the technical skill of Ramires. He dribbles right into people instead of away from them (because he does not have fine control of the ball) and the guy can't pass for anything. I used to love Ramires' runs across the midfield but he can't seem to do that anymore without losing the ball.

I'm glad he can't play next game, mikel can't possible be worse than him atm.

Read what you have written and think about what you have said.

You could play Robert De Niro in the pivot for the next leg and he would do a better job than Mikel.

Lol now Ramires is the new Mikel , considering people saying 3-4 months ago ' he would become chelsea's greatest midfilde player or oh! he is so criminallly underrated or oh! he is a machine a boss!! or oh !I'll take ramires over any box to box midfielder in europe ..real madrid can fuck off if they want to buy him or our most important player tooo we should sell him for FREE!!! :confused: