Ramires

DavidEU

happy bday, but in other news, he wasn't missed at all Saturday.

Not his pace, not his energy, not his stamina, not his defensive skills. We've got all that covered with Matic + David (maybe except the pace, but then again, we didn't need it), combined with good decision make, reliable pass and good vision. Matic had two assists and Luiz could have easily finished with one, given some of the passes he gave that put teammates at the edge of the box.

I do wish him to improve, though, and wish him well. It's just one game after his punishment and I already see the prophecy some of us saw becoming true: it's been a blessing in disguise. And thank God Luiz is healthy. Hopefully he'll stay like that.

happy bday, but in other news, he wasn't missed at all Saturday.

Not his pace, not his energy, not his stamina, not his defensive skills. We've got all that covered with Matic + David (maybe except the pace, but then again, we didn't need it), combined with good decision make, reliable pass and good vision. Matic had two assists and Luiz could have easily finished with one, given some of the passes he gave that put teammates at the edge of the box.

I do wish him to improve, though, and wish him well. It's just one game after his punishment and I already see the prophecy some of us saw becoming true: it's been a blessing in disguise. And thank God Luiz is healthy. Hopefully he'll stay like that.

Those aren't the most important qualities when you have an extra set of legs on your side.

I think we can keep him... Ramires can be useful at times, he makes for a good squad member. An upgrade from Mikel x10

I doubt Jose would sell him. For all his lack of technical ability and despite him being in some very bad form for some while, Jose has always said that he is a very important key player for us. I think, with everyone available, Jose's first choice pivot would be Matic-Ramires.

We sure didn't need Ramires this game.......

Fans don't understand his significance to the team.

Yup I did say his red was going to hurt us. This was typical game for Ramires.

They also don't understand we can't win anything with only 11 players. Gotta have a squad with good players and different characteristics. We play the same players over and over again twice a week... There is no way they can keep up.

Because with Ramires in the team we wouldn't lose 1-0 away to a lower team???

We wouldn't because someone would of provided help ala Ramires, rather than have championship level players abuse our fullbacks all day long.

Missed him today. Say whatever you want about him on the ball, but off it, he's vital for our pressing and defensive system.

The lack of Oscar for the first-half is probably more to do with that than Ramires. It's much too easy to look at today's result in isolation, and ignore the demolition job we did on Arsenal or the ineffectivness of Ramires in the Villa (and numerous other) game.

The lack of Oscar for the first-half is probably more to do with that than Ramires. It's much too easy to look at today's result in isolation, and ignore the demolition job we did on Arsenal or the ineffectivness of Ramires in the Villa (and numerous other) game.

Think we two of him, Oscar and Willian on the pitch for the pressing to work at its best.

Also can't look at Arsenal, they gifted us the game even with 11v11 and Schurrle was exceptional.

Think we two of him, Oscar and Willian on the pitch for the pressing to work at its best.

Also can't look at Arsenal, they gifted us the game even with 11v11 and Schurrle was exceptional.

Everyone pressed against Arsenal, and a lot of the time that was high up the pitch. But I agree we need more of it on the pitch and that's something the players are still getting to grips with. Schurrle is getting there after 6 months here and hopefully Salah follows suit next season. It's very much a building process and I think Ramires is currently a necessary evil, but I really hope that doesn't continue into next season.

I'd like to think we have ambitions for more in midfield quite honestly.