Ramires

DavidEU

You somehow broad jump over his legs and potentially hurt your hamstrings/achilles because a guy slide tackles you from the side?

Mate, you are not falling from a 3 story building. Players know how to take falls. I will be really surprised if Ramires couldn't jump over a low tackle. Especially that AL Ahmadi went for the ball so his legs weren't that high

I'm really not a fan of Ramires but he's a reflection of the tactics and the style of play Mourinho wants - athleticism, pace, energy and work rate. Those are the qualities Mourinho values and Ramires epitomizes that.

If it were left to me I would bring in a more technical player to pair with Matic but If Mourinho chooses to continue with him then it's hardly Ramires' fault is it? He's not holding a gun to Mourinho's head.

Mate, you are not falling from a 3 story building. Players know how to take falls. I will be really surprised if Ramires couldn't jump over a low tackle. Especially that AL Ahmadi went for the ball so his legs weren't that high

Players know how to take falls, but these small falls are reasons why players get injured long term and in the future.

Ramires is going full speed and some guy is diving at his legs, yes lets potentially injured yourself because of that.

At Villa Park last season. The guy is just so stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLg8GvMMa5k

Players know how to take falls, but these small falls are reasons why players get injured long term and in the future.

Ramires is going full speed and some guy is diving at his legs, yes lets potentially injured yourself because of that.

Come on. I know he's a Chelsea player but some things are just indefensible. It was a leg breaker and he meant it, which is why 3 games is the minimum.

If a player did that to one of our players, we'd be screaming blue murder.

My friend, i don't know if you know this, but when you run full speed you can jump higher and for a longer distance than when you are running slow. I remember that from the olympics. Buddy it was a bad intentional challenge and it was very clear.

At Villa Park last season. The guy is just so stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLg8GvMMa5k

Come on. I know he's a Chelsea player but some things are just indefensible. It was a leg breaker and he meant it, which is why 3 games is the minimum.

If a player did that to one of our players, we'd be screaming blue murder.

I agree with the sentiment that he is reckless in his play, but that one particular this game, I don't think was as bad as you guys are stating it.

Reckless, irresponsible, disgraceful, mindless,, plain stupid "tackle" to make.

He's let the whole team down and put a huge dent in our title challenge just because of he again showed zero intelligence on the pitch.

And I do think it was intentional. He actually put his foot down harder than he would if he didn't mean to stamp on. There is no point defending what he did and we as fans should not tolerate such a behavior in the team.

To be fair, disfraceful is having this kind of behavior here. The game was over after poor refereeing decisions, and Ramires end up as the villain.

But thats it, the current TC has the moderators it deserves.

He stamped his foot down on his leg. You can tell it's intentional by the force with which he put his foot down.

If this was an opposition player on one of our lads, everyone here would be abusing him.

We should not be defending such actions. This kind of violent play does not belong in sports.

My friend, i don't know if you know this, but when you run full speed you can jump higher and for a longer distance than when you are running slow. I remember that from the olympics. Buddy it was a bad intentional challenge and it was very clear.

I'm really not a fan of Ramires but he's a reflection of the tactics and the style of play Mourinho wants - athleticism, pace, energy and work rate. Those are the qualities Mourinho values and Ramires epitomizes that.

If it were left to me I would bring in a more technical player to pair with Matic but If Mourinho chooses to continue with him then it's hardly Ramires' fault is it? He's not holding a gun to Mourinho's head.

Exactly, I'm baffled with people saying all this about Ramires when in all actually the one who wants him the most is Mourinho.

This is the system he is building, and someone like Ramires is his trade mark.

We had creative players in Mata, and KDB but we got rid of them because they don't fit our system.

There's no point in taking out on Ramires, when Mourinho keeps playing him because he's a big admirer of him.

Totally inexcusable for that appalling and mindless challenge and because of that, we'll now miss him for 3 games including Arsenal next weekend. Not the first time it has happened but Ramires has a tendency of going OTT with challenges when the pressure is really on and in the heat of the moment in a match. :doh:

His defensive work, especially against Benteke.

Unlucky for the goal.

A great through ball in the first-half.

Good distribution

2 tackles and 3 interceptions

2 key passes

Blocked a shot and made 5 clearances.

Nothing

Nothing

Nothing.

My agenda? I don't think he's a good enough player. That's it.

You should've tried actually watching the match because if you have to ask me what Matic did (not perfect by any means, especially when we were down to 10) then clearly you didn't.

Yep.

For matic you forgot to add

Gave away the ball numerous times in the last 15 minutes.

Put in a half hearted tackle on delph. Dint track back delph's run.

Hahahaha... you have the audacity to adk what rambo did for US in the match and then you have the audacity to tell me that I dint watch the match. What a joke. Grow a brain plus a get your eyes tested and then we ll talk.

To be fair, disfraceful is having this kind of behavior here. The game was over after poor refereeing decisions, and Ramires end up as the villain.

But thats it, the current TC has the moderators it deserves.

I don't care about the ref, I care about our players. The game may have been over but because Ramires acted mindlessly we are now missing a key player for three games in the last of the season. That maybe much more damaging losing a game. He's compromised the work that was done by his teammates, the manager and himself because of his idiotic act.

I don't blame Ramires for us losing today, but he did do something incredibly stupid.

But such behavior is his fault. Mourinho will not tell him get yourself banned for 3 matches because you are frustrated. Now Mourinho has to rely on Lampard who is old, Mikel who is very defensive and Luiz is hurt. I agree with you though that his set of attributes are the one Mourinho is looking for

He stamped his foot down on his leg. You can tell it's intentional by the force with which he put his foot down.

If this was an opposition player on one of our lads, everyone here would be abusing him.

We should not be defending such actions. This kind of violent play does not belong in sports.

Ramires, I know is reckless many times. However, this one is kind of in the grey area for me/thinking he was able to jump it. I really don't think it was intentional (with ramires you kind of know the fouls that are intentional). It's not like the tackle came close his initial dribble, he was trying to dribble to advance the ball. We lose ball, we lose possession we lose game.

Granted, looking at it now, we probably lost more with his suspension, however, if you look at it from the side angle, you would understand.

Edit.

Also, he could of mistime his run and continue running not realizing the leg was there. Sorry guys, but in sports when everything is going full motion, you don't have time to think "O maybe I might stomp his leg."

But such behavior is his fault. Mourinho will not tell him get yourself banned for 3 matches because you are frustrated. Now Mourinho has to rely on Lampard who is old, Mikel who is very defensive and Luiz is hurt. I agree with you though that his set of attributes are the one Mourinho is looking for

Of course the behavior is entirely his fault but the people here acting all up in arms and outrage, what did they expect? We already know the way Ramires is. He's extremely clumsy, reckless and a serial foul machine. So why are people acting so surprised?

Mourinho told Ramos/ Casillas to get yellow cards so they would miss the next game in the Champs League.