Wesley Sneijder

Milan

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this happened two years ago, I would have absolutely said yes!

This year... "no"... I am a huge fan of Sneijder, but he just would not fit into our team! Keep the "Mazacar" trio intact... we don't need any more players to come in and break it up!

If, for arguement's sake, we happen to sell 2-years-running Chelsea fans' player of the year Juan Mata, and get Sneijder... that would be the worst bit of business we have ever done!

"I have a great relationship with Jose Mourinho, we have kept in contact since our days at Inter Milan. Does Chelsea need a playmaker? I'm not sure. In football you can neverbe certain of what will happen next but I'm very happy in Turkey. Chelsea have Eden Hazard, Juan Mata and Oscar and you think they're buying me? Are you out of your mind?"

If this happened two years ago, I would have absolutely said yes!

This year... "no"... I am a huge fan of Sneijder, but he just would not fit into our team! Keep the "Mazacar" trio intact... we don't need any more players to come in and break it up!

So we're going to ask Oscar, Mata and Hazard to play 60 games again? Fuck it, let's loan them out on days when we've not got a game and see if we can get them into triple figures.

And Styles mentioned that this is the type of deal we've stopped making.....no it ain't. People think we just buy young, and on the surface that's true but what we've been targeting is value. Sneijder at £5 million on decent wages offers value a bit like Demba Ba did.

At the end of last season we had Yossi Benayoun on the bench - Sneijder would be a nice replacement for him if we look to loan De Bruyne for another season but it depends on the make-up of the squad. If we're going with two players for each position then someone like Sneijder could be ideal as another option in that trio.

So we're going to ask Oscar, Mata and Hazard to play 60 games again? Fuck it, let's loan them out on days when we've not got a game and see if we can get them into triple figures.

And Styles mentioned that this is the type of deal we've stopped making.....no it ain't. People think we just buy young, and on the surface that's true but what we've been targeting is value. Sneijder at £5 million on decent wages offers value a bit like Demba Ba did.

At the end of last season we had Yossi Benayoun on the bench - Sneijder would be a nice replacement for him if we look to loan De Bruyne for another season but it depends on the make-up of the squad. If we're going with two players for each position then someone like Sneijder could be ideal as another option in that trio.

Which is what I was alluding to. Value tends to be found in younger players. Demba Ba was a unique transfer in that he had a buyout clause and was on relatively low salary. As far as I'm aware Sneijder has no buyout clause and is earning big money. Why would Galatasary accept an arbitrary figure like 5m? We need to beef up the squad but there's no value in a transfer like this at all. He's 29 soon and would be on a prohibitive salary in relation to the role he would be required for as a squad player. I want Hazard, Oscar and Mata to play the large majority of our games and be the future of the club. Their cover shouldn't be earning more than them.

Which is what I was alluding to. Value tends to be found in younger players. Demba Ba was a unique transfer in that he had a buyout clause and was on relatively low salary. As far as I'm aware Sneijder has no buyout clause and is earning big money. Why would Galatasary accept an arbitrary figure like 5m? We need to beef up the squad but there's no value in a transfer like this at all. He's 29 soon and would be on a prohibitive salary in relation to the role he would be required for as a squad player. I want Hazard, Oscar and Mata to play the large majority of our games and be the future of the club. Their cover shouldn't be earning more than them.

The rumours put the figure at around that amount if I'm not mistaken, which is pretty much the only reason people here are considering it. They're also said that the wages have to be good value too (but let's get some context - Malouda was on around £100k, Benayoun about £85K and Essien is on around £100k).

Hazard, Oscar and Mata are the future of this club (although there's an issue with positions for two of them) but they aren't going to play every minute of every match. Let's not forget that one of them broke at the end of the season after being involved in 62 matches and he missed a European final, simply because we didn't have anyone capable of replacing him.

In 2006, Eidur, Robben, Duff, Cole and SWP were all involved in more than 35 matches - that's the type of thing I think we'll get back to so why not get an experienced man like this in IF the circumstances are good?

The rumours put the figure at around that amount if I'm not mistaken, which is pretty much the only reason people here are considering it. They're also said that the wages have to be good value too (but let's get some context - Malouda was on around £100k, Benayoun about £85K and Essien is on around £100k).

Hazard, Oscar and Mata are the future of this club (although there's an issue with positions for two of them) but they aren't going to play every minute of every match. Let's not forget that one of them broke at the end of the season after being involved in 62 matches and he missed a European final, simply because we didn't have anyone capable of replacing him.

In 2006, Eidur, Robben, Duff, Cole and SWP were all involved in more than 35 matches - that's the type of thing I think we'll get back to so why not get an experienced man like this in IF the circumstances are good?

I'm coming at it from the angle that circumstances aren't good. The salary, transfer fee and profile of the player doesn't add up for me. I've long been an advocate of having a deeper squad. Our thin squad is why we have underperformed for several years, not just in the last season. I'd prefer we used KDB and sign another player of that profile i.e. young enough to come in as cover but with scope for long-term development.

We don't know if the circumstances are good.

If he's happy with a squad role at Chelsea..then bring him in. If not, we'll pursue other targets.

I'm coming at it from the angle that circumstances aren't good. The salary, transfer fee and profile of the player doesn't add up for me. I've long been an advocate of having a deeper squad. Our thin squad is why we have underperformed for several years, not just in the last season. I'd prefer we used KDB and sign another player of that profile i.e. young enough to come in as cover but with scope for long-term development.

I'm a big advocate of the youth, but if you can get an experienced head to rotate into the team at a fair price then there's really no reason not to go for him. De Bruyne is a great option but his situation is a little up in the air at the moment. He's still about a year or so younger than Mata was when we signed him so another year abroad isn't the worst thing in the world, especially with a World Cup coming up.

That's one thing that may convince Sneijder to drop his demands so he can play on a bigger stage and get back into the national squad (apparently he was dropped, can't be bothered to Google).

I'm a big advocate of the youth, but if you can get an experienced head to rotate into the team at a fair price then there's really no reason not to go for him. De Bruyne is a great option but his situation is a little up in the air at the moment. He's still about a year or so younger than Mata was when we signed him so another year abroad isn't the worst thing in the world, especially with a World Cup coming up.

That's one thing that may convince Sneijder to drop his demands so he can play on a bigger stage and get back into the national squad (apparently he was dropped, can't be bothered to Google).

Dropped from the national team and playing in Turkey. Yeah definitely not my kind of player :Goober:

I'd see this as a Deco move more than anything, like above if he accepts he is 3rd choice or something then his experience is great, especially for the younger players too, at £5m + Ba wages, I'd be happy with that, very happy.

He comes in and becomes a great bench option; much better than what we've had in recent years; or he plays well enough to earn a starting place in the team. Where is the "lose" part in this situation?

He might do well in the PL, just like Van der Vaart.

srsly? If we are going for worldclass players who are not so world class anymore lol, why not KAKA ?

Oh yeah, Mou is back lol.

I thought you got #banned.. you know, for using hashtags so much. :D

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You