Wesley Sneijder

Milan

and this argument "mourinho will get him back " is just hypothetical. mourinho aint no wizard who is getting all players back in world-class form. essien aint the essien he was before, even playing under mourinho. benzema hasnt improved really under mourinho etc etc. he is a coach who surely can do this, but he aint a magician. Sneijder just lacks the pace and physical form from his good days and also seems really to lack motivation and hunger for the game. he wasnt subbed against Madrid both times by accident - he was just the worse guy on the field (or nearly the worse).

The argument might be hypothetical, but you are the one saying his wage demands are high - you haven't got a clue what he would ask for do you? I don't, and I don't pretend to know.

His fitness isn't good enough and he hasn't looked motivated - these are all things that are fixable under the right coach. He isn't Essien who has suffered TWO terrible knee injuries so it's a bad comparison to make. He did have cruciate trouble but that was before his 2010 season. As for pace, we're talking about a guy who could come in for Mata - I don't think it's something we'd miss.

But if you're telling me there are better options on the market (worked with Mourinho, high skill level, £5 million, under-30) then that's a great point - one question though.....who??

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sneijder for sure isnt "overrated". but he has been awful for 2 years or even something more. he aint no where near his form of 2010, where he was absoluetly world-class and could destroy teams on his own. since then, it was like a big big downfall. also at madrid, his 1st season was good, his second one was awful, after that madrid sold him. he even by himself admitted, that it wasnt fair that he was playing in the starting line-up, because his form was bad. dont know why people rate him so high here..if he would play good, ok, but he is playing bad and even in TURKISH league..we arent talking bout germany

there are much other options available on the market, futhermore his wage demans arent low for sure. in the CAM we have Oscar, KDB (if he stays), Mata and even if all arent available, Lampard. Futhermore we can change the system to 4-3-3 without any real CAM. We should buy either a proper CM or a proper DM and not an attacking-midfielder, who is way past his prime.

and this argument "mourinho will get him back " is just hypothetical. mourinho aint no wizard who is getting all players back in world-class form. essien aint the essien he was before, even playing under mourinho. benzema hasnt improved really under mourinho etc etc. he is a coach who surely can do this, but he aint a magician. Sneijder just lacks the pace and physical form from his good days and also seems really to lack motivation and hunger for the game. he wasnt subbed against Madrid both times by accident - he was just the worse guy on the field (or nearly the worse).

I disagree on the "he could destroy team on his own".

At Inter, Cambiasso, Motta, Pandeev, Milito, Zanetti were immense that year. Sneijder was great on free-kicks, corners, some good passes on counter-attack with great runs from the three forwards but it was not exceptionnal either.

Even at the world cup, the goals he scored flattered him, there was a penalty, a deflection and a mistake by a goalkeeper on his 5 goals.

Robben was more influential.

Even at the world cup, the goals he scored flattered him, there was a penalty, a deflection and a mistake by a goalkeeper on his 5 goals. Robben was more influential.

Completely disagree, Sneijder was our best player in WC2010.

I disagree on the "he could destroy team on his own".

At Inter, Cambiasso, Motta, Pandeev, Milito, Zanetti were immense that year. Sneijder was great on free-kicks, corners, some good passes on counter-attack with great runs from the three forwards but it was not exceptionnal either.

Even at the world cup, the goals he scored flattered him, there was a penalty, a deflection and a mistake by a goalkeeper on his 5 goals.

Robben was more influential.

of course it was exagerrated...but you know what i mean. and neither pandev nor cambiasso/mota were so influencial as Sneijder. he nearly created all chances for them.

if he wasnt exceptional in the CL 2010, than I dont know what for you is exceptional?! dribbling past 10 players and scoring from 50 meters?

The argument might be hypothetical, but you are the one saying his wage demands are high - you haven't got a clue what he would ask for do you? I don't, and I don't pretend to know.

His fitness isn't good enough and he hasn't looked motivated - these are all things that are fixable under the right coach. He isn't Essien who has suffered TWO terrible knee injuries so it's a bad comparison to make. He did have cruciate trouble but that was before his 2010 season. As for pace, we're talking about a guy who could come in for Mata - I don't think it's something we'd miss.

But if you're telling me there are better options on the market (worked with Mourinho, high skill level, £5 million, under-30) then that's a great point - one question though.....who??

capoue for example. or de rossi. or alcantara for 18 m euros. or van ginkle. or strootman. or benat. or or or...thats just some guys top of my head, and I dont have 10 scouts working for me tbh.

i dont have to have a clue to know, that someone like Sneijder, who has a big name in football, would come here to play for peanuts. of course he would not be asking for 7 m per year or 10 m, but still more than enough for a squad player. and its not just fitness and motivation. he just aint the player he was before. its no coincidence that he is playing bad for 3 years consecutive...and you cant blame it just on "managers". its his own fault. and I wouldnt call Fatih Terim a bad coach tbh...especially in terms of motiviataion. he is one of the best motivators in the world. sneijder is just a player who lost his spark and I dont think he will ever get it back. its just the same with Kaka...no manager can fix this.

Completely disagree, Sneijder was our best player in WC2010.

Ok but the team without Robben was much less dangerous and I've read a stat on the matches with or without Robben and that was a huge difference in the wins, goals scored of the dutch side during the qualification and world cup matches.

Ok but the team without Robben was much less dangerous and I've read a stat on the matches with or without Robben and that was a huge difference in the wins, goals scored of the dutch side during the qualification and world cup matches.

Of course, Arjen was great in WC2010 too, probably our second best player in that tournament but Sneijder was exceptional and if Robben didn't fluff his lines in the final we would've been world champions in my opinion.

of course it was exagerrated...but you know what i mean. and neither pandev nor cambiasso/mota were so influencial as Sneijder. he nearly created all chances for them.

if he wasnt exceptional in the CL 2010, than I dont know what for you is exceptional?! dribbling past 10 players and scoring from 50 meters?

Inter had a great system, Sneijder did a good job but for me not worth the huge praise he had. Some good players could have done a good job as well on this team.

Xavi Iniesta for example, there are very few players who could do what they have done.

I have a great relationship with Jose Mourinho, we have kept in contact since our days at Inter Milan. Does Chelsea need a playmaker? I'm not sure. In football you can never be certain of what will happen next but I'm very happy in Turkey.

Source: SporX via Turkish-Football.com

Sneijder commenting on the Chelsea rumour.

That will make our pivot even worse than it is right now, putting in someone there who can't even defend at all.

I don't think its a fact that Sneijder can't defend at all, hes never really played in a position where hes had to do much defending due to his play making skills and shooting abilities, when was the last time you seen a #10 constantly defending? Sure its risky to try him in the pivot but his passing and vision is superb, can play with both feet really well and is/was a top player. When he was Inter as Spike said he was probably the best MF player in the world.

capoue for example. or de rossi. or alcantara for 18 m euros. or van ginkle. or strootman. or benat. or or or...thats just some guys top of my head, and I dont have 10 scouts working for me tbh.

Capoue is a different type of player.

De Rossi is a different type of player and we're linked with him too.

Thiago is relatively unproven, 4 times as expensive and would look to be starting so that's a different case.

Van Ginkle is seen as a deeper player and again one for the future, also twice as expensive. If we signed him then we may well loan him for a season.

Strootman is a different type of player and again, unproven. Nice option but probably more of a pivot player and again more expensive.

Benat is a deeper player and I think we've all moved on from him haven't we?

Again, I don't know if he's lost his spark. I haven't spoken to him and I don't know his situation, but if Mourinho speaks to him (you could give him his number?) and feels he has a few seasons left in the tank then why not go for him?

Wouldn't understand going after him at all. We have a glut of #10 types and Sneijder is not a flexible player . How many #10s do we need? We're likely to sign Schurrle (or failing that, bring back KDB) and already have Mata, Hazard, and Oscar, as regulars. I'd rather build through Mata and Hazard than through Sneijder who has been disappointing for a couple of years anyhow. When you factor in his refusal to lower wage demands earlier in the year, I just don't get it.

Capoue is a different type of player.

De Rossi is a different type of player and we're linked with him too.

Thiago is relatively unproven, 4 times as expensive and would look to be starting so that's a different case.

Van Ginkle is seen as a deeper player and again one for the future, also twice as expensive. If we signed him then we may well loan him for a season.

Strootman is a different type of player and again, unproven. Nice option but probably more of a pivot player and again more expensive.

Benat is a deeper player and I think we've all moved on from him haven't we?

Again, I don't know if he's lost his spark. I haven't spoken to him and I don't know his situation, but if Mourinho speaks to him (you could give him his number?) and feels he has a few seasons left in the tank then why not go for him?

18 millions? 4 times as expensive? that would suggest we would get sneijder for 4,5 millions ?!

as i said in my previous post, I want a different type of player...we dont need any playmaker anymore. we have enough of them. we need one or two proper CM/DM.

what is achieved by speaking to the player? like sneijder will say "no, please dont sign me, i'm playing awful"?! like a conversation can convert someone playing bad in to someone playing good.

futhermore, that were just some names out of my head. i am no CFC scout. they should have the options, not me. thats for what they are paid for.

Sneijder would be an awful transfer IN MY OPINION. maybe Mou has a different opinion, I dont know.

Dutch Football @football_oranje

Sneijder fuels Chelsea move "I have a great relationship with Jose Mourinho, We have kept in contact since our days at Inter Milan"

Sneijder "Does Chelsea need a playmaker? I'm not sure. In football you can never be certain of what will happen next"

Sneijder "but i am very happy in Turkey"

Total non-starter. This is the type of transfer we've stopped making. This summer is going be tedious with Mourinho linked with every ex-player of his.

I'm still waiting on the situation with Steve Kean & Materazzi :lol:

I'm still waiting on the situation with Steve Kean & Materazzi :lol:

Oh god that was awful. :clown:

The main reason for the Steve Kean link was that he spoke Portuguese. Mourinho obviously needs a translator you see. :clown:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You