Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

How was he tonight? i've seen only few minutes during he had one beautiful and one awful pass

Reading twitter , he didn't get enough of the ball and had bad work rate.

Everyone is talking about how good carvalho and bernardo silva are.

Portugal next star, been very impressive at Monaco.

As for Chalobah; why has he been turned into a DM/CM? his potential at CB was much higher.

Seems like in England they turn any decent ball playing CBs into DMs.

From what i saw he seemed too passive at moments hiding behind portugal players instead of freeing himself and providing easy pass options. Wonder whether he was like that whole game?

I thought he was pretty good. The rest of the midfield around him was utter shite though, like just unbelievably shite.

I like Nate as a lad but he clearly is not Chelsea standard and needs to sort himself out a new club. He was comprehensively outplayed by Carvalho last night. Not in the sense that they went one on one but Carvalho looked a potential player who calmly gave structure to his side, Nate did not. It was a poor selection by Southgate and a decision which contributed directly to the fact that we lost.

I like Nate as a lad but he clearly is not Chelsea standard and needs to sort himself out a new club. He was comprehensively outplayed by Carvalho last night. Not in the sense that they went one on one but Carvalho looked a potential player who calmly gave structure to his side, Nate did not. It was a poor selection by Southgate and a decision which contributed directly to the fact that we lost.

Difference is willian is rated very highly around the globe, chalobah is rated highly by a few fans.

It was one game. I don't get this short term attitude of football fans sometimes where one game can comprehensively show a player's quality and potential. Not even baring in mind that Portugal in general outplayed England, and looked tactically better managed. I've seen games where William Carvalho has done nothing, and Chalobah was probably the best player on the pitch when Reading played Arsenal in the FA Cup. They're both good talents. Chalobah with nearly 100 appearances first team (with a further 76 appearances for England at youth team level) for me makes so much sense to incorporate into the squad for next season.

It was one game. I don't get this short term attitude of football fans sometimes where one game can comprehensively show a player's quality and potential. Not even baring in mind that Portugal in general outplayed England, and looked tactically better managed. I've seen games where William Carvalho has done nothing, and Chalobah was probably the best player on the pitch when Reading played Arsenal in the FA Cup. They're both good talents. Chalobah with nearly 100 appearances first team (with a further 76 appearances for England at youth team level) for me makes so much sense to incorporate into the squad for next season.

On the rare occasions that I give opinions based on limited viewings, I'm honest enough to highlight that fact so people can decide if they want to take those opinions even less seriously than they otherwise might. It is not a rare occasion however when I am respectful of other people's points of view, and when I'm able to accept that someone disagrees with me without feeling the need to make ill informed guesses about how and why they think as they do.

I've been describing what I see as Nate's flaws since before he went on loan to Watford. I watched him play many times for the Hornets and have reported here, and elsewhere, my view that the generally favourable reaction to his time there was over generous. I've stated a number of times that I think Nate put in more poor performances for Watford than he produced good ones.

I was bitterly disappointed when Nate was selected ahead of Nathan Ake for the summer 2013 tour. I was told that I was a fool because I offered the opinion that Nathan is a far better prospect, an opinion which was mocked further when Jose made his comment about Nate becoming a part of our 2014-15 squad after benefiting from one more season on loan. I suggested that the poster should wait until that actually happened before mocking. We now know of course that it didn't.

I've watched Nate play many, many times for our development sides, for two loan clubs and for England age group teams. Judging from your comments you have too but it doesn't matter if you haven't, your opinion is still valid and may even turn out to be right. I can't pretend to believe something I don't however, so I repeat my view, Nate is not good enough for this club and it's time for Chelsea to encourage him to move on with his career.

On the rare occasions that I give opinions based on limited viewings, I'm honest enough to highlight that fact so people can decide if they want to take those opinions even less seriously than they otherwise might. It is not a rare occasion however when I am respectful of other people's points of view, and when I'm able to accept that someone disagrees with me without feeling the need to make ill informed guesses about how and why they think as they do.

I've been describing what I see as Nate's flaws since before he went on loan to Watford. I watched him play many times for the Hornets and have reported here, and elsewhere, my view that the generally favourable reaction to his time there was over generous. I've stated a number of times that I think Nate put in more poor performances for Watford than he produced good ones.

I was bitterly disappointed when Nate was selected ahead of Nathan Ake for the summer 2013 tour. I was told that I was a fool because I offered the opinion that Nathan is a far better prospect, an opinion which was mocked further when Jose made his comment about Nate becoming a part of our 2014-15 squad after benefiting from one more season on loan. I suggested that the poster should wait until that actually happened before mocking. We now know of course that it didn't.

I've watched Nate play many, many times for our development sides, for two loan clubs and for England age group teams. Judging from your comments you have too but it doesn't matter if you haven't, your opinion is still valid and may even turn out to be right. I can't pretend to believe something I don't however, so I repeat my view, Nate is not good enough for this club and it's time for Chelsea to encourage him to move on with his career.

Fair enough, apologies for assuming, but it was what I inferred from your post. Anyway we will see with Chalobah, but as you said I've also seen a lot of him, and think he's gotten continually underrated over time. While I'm not sure he'll make it at Chelsea now as newer and more fashionable names have taken his place, I do think he'll still develop into a good PL player at the very least, he still has the potential to go further..but like I said we'll see.

Fair enough, apologies for assuming, but it was what I inferred from your post. Anyway we will see with Chalobah, but as you said I've also seen a lot of him, and think he's gotten continually underrated over time. While I'm not sure he'll make it at Chelsea now as newer and more fashionable names have taken his place, I do think he'll still develop into a good PL player at the very least, he still has the potential to go further..but like I said we'll see.

Well I need to acknowledge that I've taken the easy pick in that the odds are enormously against any young player making it at any top club. If you just predict that all young players will fail to make it, you are going to be right almost every time. Even so my judgement, for what it's worth, is that there are things lacking in Nate's game, things that suggest to me that his level is below the Premier League.

As I said, I like the bloke. When he was captaining our development squads he would walk on to the pitch as if he owned the place. It was awesome to see but unfortunately only rarely does his game live up to the expectations created by that natural confidence. When he returned briefly and started for the 21s in an early season game, he was comfortably the worst Chelsea player on the pitch. I hope that Nate will succeed but it'll surprise me if he does.

until somebody plays for us surrounded by our players and coached by our coaches. nothing is certain in if they will make it or not. we over loan players and I don`t think it helps their growth in regard to becoming 1st team squad members.

football is football but each coach and team have their own agenda...I can think of plenty of even World class players who unless they are in the right circumstances for them they might not look very good atall.

loan moves do sometimes work out but it appears to be the generic remedy for everybody under 21/22.

I`ve no real idea who out of our youth teams will make it,i doubt if any,but not based on talent,but due to the lack of effort as a club in integrating them into the 1st team squad.

we loan players out and buy young veterans to block their way back in,regardless of how their loans go.

People look too much into the youth team imo.

Only big team now that incorporates youth team still is munich... Barca these past years have not done well with their youngsters (but better than most big teams)

Wow the England U21 look awful. There is absolutely zero cohesion in the team. Watching them against Sweden and they look nothing like a team. They are relying completely on individual skill which is in itself pretty rare.

like they playing first time together.