Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

19 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

I start losing patience with Matic, still playing like a headless chicken game after game. Clumsy is the most suitable word to describe his performance.

Jury's still out for him from me too, but not because of pre season. Because he's dropped form significantly over the last year and a half. Now last season is a bit exacerbated but what concerns me is that his form was declining from the season before. He hasn't had consecutive top seasons yet in his career if I'm not wrong. He had 1 excellent season at Benfica, two halves of excellent seasons here, and the rest of his career has either been distinctively average or bad. 

Is that Matic we saw an anomaly or not? I guess we'll find some answers this season...

I have long held the opinion that Nate wasn't going to make it here and have said so often enough but his Toulon form was an eye opener for me. It is great to see that he has brought that form into the preseason. If Antonio is now considering him seriously as a first choice option then Nate would be the answer to a long standing question in another thread: The Next Chelsea Captain.

If Nate is good enough to hold down a place then he'll be an almost automatic choice to inherit the armband; he's an outstanding skipper. When his confidence is high, he walks onto a footbball pitch like he owns the place. He captained every age group side through the academy and as far as could be told from watching the games his teammates respected him as their natural leader.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I have long held the opinion that Nate wasn't going to make it here and have said so often enough but his Toulon form was an eye opener for me and it is great to see that he has brought that into the preseason with him. If Antonio is now considering him seriously as a first choice option then Nate would be the answer to a long standing question in another thread: The Next Chelsea Captain.

If Nate is good enough to hold down a place then he'l be an almost automatic choice to inherit the armband; he's an outstanding skipper. When his confidence is high, he walks onto a footbball pitch like he owns the place. He captained every age group side through the academy and as far as could be told from watching the games his teammates respected him as their natural leader.

Absolutely. Doesn't get much more Chels than Nate also. 

Couldn't catch the game... But Chelsea Twitter was praising him again. Lots of people saying Chalobah-- Kante in Midfield was a complete 180 from what was happening before. 

How well did he play? Would be amazing if he forced Conte to play him, and displaced Matic. 

Yeah. I want to see a Fabregas - Chalobah - Kante midfield as well. 

Do you think Conte sees what we see? Do you think he has the guts to drop Matic for Chalobah? I sincerely hope so, hope he is somewhat different from previous managers.

Just now, Ryan Fong said:

Do you think Conte sees what we see? Do you think he has the guts to drop Matic for Chalobah? I sincerely hope so, hope he is somewhat different from previous managers.

I think he's thinking about it. But he also wants to probably give Matic a chance to build up his confidence. If Matic still doesn't perform, hopefully he'll start blooding in Nate properly. 

I've always believed in Nathaniel's talent, and I really hope his time has finally come because the kid is proper Chels and is a proper natural leader. We severely lack players like that at the moment.