Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

anyone? :)

Chalobah's doing well, he's getting regular minutes at Reading and he's provided something different to their midfield, it's good to see Steve Clarke (former Chelsea assistant) give him a proper chance..

I feel bad for him, he's been on so many loan spells...at some point it must get frustrating as a player

Chalobah's doing well, he's getting regular minutes at Reading and he's provided something different to their midfield, it's good to see Steve Clarke (former Chelsea assistant) give him a proper chance..

I feel bad for him, he's been on so many loan spells...at some point it must get frustrating as a player

he is another young player who would be better off leaving us

Had no idea he had this in his locker. http://www.gfycat.com/AbleUnkemptEasteuropeanshepherd

That was sick.

I remember this article from well-know chelseayouth http://thechels.net/2013/07/kondogbia-or-chalobah/

It's all about the chance.

I'd be very happy if he'd have his chance here. If we want to give youth a spot to be Matic backup, I think Chalobah is better than RLC in that role. However, I just want the youth to have his chance here, so either way, I'm happy.

Chalobah doesn't do enough defensively to warrant a deep midfield role imo. He's got good technical ability and decent size but workrate is lacking imo.

If you aren't going to be a deep midfielder who can also break up attacks and defend, then you need to be a CM who can make forward runs and score and assist. He does neither at a high level imo. It's good to see him doing well at Reading but something is off about him.

• 1 month later...

If we sell Moses to Stoke imo that'd be a good loan team for him next season. Then we'll see what his first team future looks like, pending Koke, RLC, Mikel, and Ramires' futures. Because this lad could easily replace both Ramires and Mikel.

Chalobah doesn't do enough defensively to warrant a deep midfield role imo. He's got good technical ability and decent size but workrate is lacking imo.

If you aren't going to be a deep midfielder who can also break up attacks and defend, then you need to be a CM who can make forward runs and score and assist. He does neither at a high level imo. It's good to see him doing well at Reading but something is off about him.

You've just described Mikel...:) well minus the technical ability assuming Nathaniel can hit long balls.

And Nat can still improve a lot including upping his work rate and awareness.

tbh i thought he was average as a school chicken pie while at Watford and i pretended otherwise because of blue tinted glasses. I wouldn't have done so had i knew the likes of Musonda, Boga, Loftus and co would all do what he did at youth level X10. as a person i'm sure he is very intelligent, but as a player, not so much. reminds me of Bramble which sounds harsh but whatever, opinions are opinions.

*Actually maybe i didn't pretend. At the time, I was checking his highlights on MOTD and thinking "ok, he has something", but on reflection, i just don't think he did, and if he did, he's definitely not built on it.

'but he's young, give him time'

i will

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still think the kid has a future here and just hasn't been given a fair chance at all. He can at least do a job as a squad player IMO. His physique has matured loads, filled himself really well, and his tactical acumen is improving. Wish Jose gave him a chance.