Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

looks poor in a poor team

Yeah. Bit worrying too sometimes young guys in poor teams, like Wilshere at Bolton a few years ago, can get a grip of the game by the scruff of the neck and try and change it but Nat didn't really look like doing that today. Hopefully he will get a better loan in January than Burnley, who are going to be struggling all season.

Yeah. Bit worrying too sometimes young guys in poor teams, like Wilshere at Bolton a few years ago, can get a grip of the game by the scruff of the neck and try and change it but Nat didn't really look like doing that today. Hopefully he will get a better loan in January than Burnley, who are going to be struggling all season.

Burnley looked terrible and I can't see him developing there

• 2 months later...

Looks like another season of wasted football. Has barely played. When he has not been injured he has been on the bench or not even in the squad. Talent is going to waste. Opinions below reflect what I fully feel. He was one of my favourite players when he was in the reserves. Had so much talent and when he had that successful loan at Watford a couple seasons ago which now seems years back, I thought he was destined for greatness. Nearly went up with Watford that season. I just begin to wonder if only Watford went up. Such a talented player whose talent is not being made use of.

2gwrhy0.jpg

Looks like another season of wasted football. Has barely played. When he has not been injured he has been on the bench or not even in the squad. Talent is going to waste. Opinions below reflect what I fully feel. He was one of my favourite players when he was in the reserves. Had so much talent and when he had that successful loan at Watford a couple seasons ago which now seems years back, I thought he was destined for greatness. Nearly went up with Watford that season. I just begin to wonder if only Watford went up. Such a talented player whose talent is not being made use of.

2gwrhy0.jpg

perhaps he's just as good as we thought he was? He probably has not impressed in training.

Unless there is something in contract that guarantees him some playing time, which I doubt.

perhaps he's just as good as we thought he was? He probably has not impressed in training.

Unless there is something in contract that guarantees him some playing time, which I doubt.

Dyche has no right to play him however it is a shame that we all wanted to see him have a PL loan which he got and it just has not worked out. He has the physical, technical qualites and is versatile. Hope he is not going down the same route as many other players we have seen. Mourinho was impressed by him as well and was even indicating that he would be part of the squad this seaosn however due to ups and down loans last season that never materialised. However Mourinho knows a talented player when he sees one.

2gwrhy0.jpg

I'm sad to say that I don't agree with the first two of the quoted tweets from @chelseayouth. Chalobah had some good games at Championship level but, in my opinion, never quite lived up to the praise @cy gives him above. Chalobah's time at Watford was probably his best spell but in the games I watched he was poor more often than he was good. Indeed in the play-off final, with Jose in the stands, his level sank well below poor. I was therefore pretty surprised when Chalobah was preferred to Ake for a spot on that summer's tour and mildly shocked when, at the end of the tour, Jose more or less promised Chalobah a place in the 2014-2015 squad.

I'm afraid I was never optimistic that Chalobah's performances would cause Jose to make good on that 'promise' and remember being tarred with the usual, "So you think you know better than Jose do you?", sort of Jibe for saying so. Well of course I didn't think that, I simply felt the boss was only aiming to give the young man a boost and that his words just overshot the mark a little bit.

There is a lot to like about Chalobah, in fact there are some things about him which I love, but, sadly, I don't see him as a future Chelsea player.

• 2 weeks later...

In his first season at Watford he was 17 turning 18, so sorry he wasn't as consistent as a seasoned pro, but you only have to speak to the Watford fans to see how highly he was rated there (there will probably be quotes from them somewhere on this thread), the guys who watched him week in week out as opposed to '6-7 times'. I watched him as much as I could that season and for Middlesborough and he generally impressed me. Has great potential.

In his first season at Watford he was 17 turning 18, so sorry he wasn't as consistent as a seasoned pro, but you only have to speak to the Watford fans to see how highly he was rated there (there will probably be quotes from them somewhere on this thread), the guys who watched him week in week out as opposed to '6-7 times'. I watched him as much as I could that season and for Middlesborough and he generally impressed me. Has great potential.

Can't blame him for hooking him up with terrible loans ... but you knew that.

Still, he's no observer in all this. At the end of the day it's up to him to work hard in training to try to get a chance on the pitch and when he does he needs to take it.

The loans have not been great after Watford. Forest was a terrible decision by the club especially that Watford wanted him back, but he still got plenty of time, especially at the start. I think there were some trouble in the background and he did not want to be there but that is still no excuse for his bad performances and disinterested attitude.

He got better at Boro whom he chose IIRC, but still not to the level he was performing at Watford. And now Burnley: a PL club where he had a real chance of becoming a regular. You can't put the blame on the club for that. He got a chance early in the season when they were 2-0 down against WBA at HT. It was a real chance to put himself in the XI picture. He was just disastrous and they ended up losing 4-0 (one was directly from his mistake IIRC). Since then he's had several sub appearances but has not shown anything to get more time.

Yes, the club has been far from perfect in deciding his loans, but he is not a blameless victim in the stagnation of his career. In the end it's all down to him.