Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Does anyone know exactly what's going to happen with Nat? I feel like (and hope) he should stay and train with the first team. He would make a brilliant Matic understudy.

Not sure tbh, if he couldn't break into that abysmal Burnley team something is clearly a miss right now.

Not sure tbh, if he couldn't break into that abysmal Burnley team something is clearly a miss right now.

Doesn't matter really, I've seen plenty of examples of individuals just not being in the right environment to shine.

Recent examples? Harry Kane, Ryan Mason at Tottenham. Ross Barkley, our own Bertrand all weren't that impressive during some of their loan spells. It happens.

Chalobah IMO has shown enough to warrant a chance to be part of the first team squad.

Choulo is of the opinion that Chalobah's loan spell at Watford was very overrated but almost every single Watford fan I know, and my self included, rates the kid very highly and I personally truly believe that after watching him come up the youth ranks and his loan spell at Watford and Boro to a certain extent where he was pretty decent as well - all the kid needs is a chance here.

I think it's overrated not because he didn't have an incredible spell for his age, but because people were saying that he was already better than Mikel and Ramires and should be in the England squad for the 2014 WC! (Good ol' Blue Daze! :D).

In fact, go back in this very same thread, and you can see that I was one the people most excited about this, always reporting on the games I watch and going to watford forums to find what their fans are saying about Nathanial and post it here.

Doesn't matter really, I've seen plenty of examples of individuals just not being in the right environment to shine.

Recent examples? Harry Kane, Ryan Mason at Tottenham. Ross Barkley, our own Bertrand all weren't that impressive during some of their loan spells. It happens.

Chalobah IMO has shown enough to warrant a chance to be part of the first team squad.

Whenever I see Chalobah's name being mentioned, I keep thinking of a comparison to Jack Cork

Solid English player, represented the national side up to U-21's, did well on multiple loan spells, couldn't break into Chelsea's first team and eventually earned a move to Southampton

I just get the feeling Chalobah may be sold sooner rather than later

Whenever I see Chalobah's name being mentioned, I keep thinking of a comparison to Jack Cork

Solid English player, represented the national side up to U-21's, did well on multiple loan spells, couldn't break into Chelsea's first team and eventually earned a move to Southampton

I just get the feeling Chalobah may be sold sooner rather than later

I really liked Cork as well. Can see this happening for sure. Chalobah is more talented though, theoretically he should make it here but taking a risk like this is absolutely alien at the club.

I really liked Cork as well. Can see this happening for sure. Chalobah is more talented though, theoretically he should make it here but taking a risk like this is absolutely alien at the club.

I only saw cork play once, for the 18s, and he impressed me more than Chalobah does. Chalobah does more eye-catching stuff but he also makes many more mistakes. In terms of solid, reliable, professional contribution to a team, Jack is ahead.

Nathaniel Chalobah could be set for a loan switch to French side Bordeaux, sources have told ESPN FC.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2230354/bordeaux-ponder-loan-bid-for-chelsea-midfielder-nathaniel-chalobah

Well, that's completely random...

is he more talented than ake and loftus though? I'd say not

and his play style dosent help him imo. laid back. I've seen him strolling back into defence, when he should be sprinting. he's good , but not good enough to make it here playing like that.

Anyone know what the deal with him is?

Last thing I read a week or so ago is that we may not be able to loan him to Bordeaux because he's played 45 minutes with Burnley and a random game or something with our U21s so he's already been technically feature for two different clubs this season and can't feature for a third according to UEFA rules.

No idea how he was unable to join Bordaux but can join Reading.

Anyway, best of luck to him, though I've almost lost all hope for him here. Such a shame after his early promise but his career seems to be going backwards after that first season.

No idea how he was unable to join Bordaux but can join Reading.

Anyway, best of luck to him, though I've almost lost all hope for him here. Such a shame after his early promise but his career seems to be going backwards after that first season.

FIFA count U21 fixtures as 'official' games, whereas The FA do not. Nate's one appearance for the 21s and his outings for Burnley mean that, as far as the international body is concerned, he has used up his quota of two clubs during the current FIFA season. The FA however are not treating the game vs Man City U21 as an 'official' fixture so if Nate appears for Reading, The FA will see them as only the second club he's played for this term.

I'm sure FIFA will act to standardise the ruling so that there will be only one interpretation in future. In fact I'm surprised they aren't already insisting that their ruling takes precedent. That's normally how it goes with anything concerning transfers.

FIFA count U21 fixtures as 'official' games, whereas The FA do not. Nate's one appearance for the 21s and his outings for Burnley mean that, as far as the international body is concerned, he has used up his quota of two clubs during the same FIFA season. The FA however are not treating the game vs Man City U21 as an 'official' fixture so if and when Nate appears for Reading, The FA will see then as only the second club he's played for this term.

I'm sure FIFA will act to standardise the ruling so that there will be only one interpretation in future. In fact I'm surprised they aren't already insisting that their ruling takes precedent. That's normally how it goes with anything concerning transfers.

Ah, thanks. Yeah, a bit surprising. You'd have expected that FIFA insist that their interpretation is used.

Anyway, hopefully something we learn from for future players.