Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri doesn't know anything about Chalobah...

http://www.football-italia.net/72326/sarri-napoli-improvements

This evening England Under-21 international midfielder Chalobah flew in for his medical, completing a loan move from Chelsea with option to buy.

When the Coach was asked what he thought of the new arrival, the response was surprising.

“I couldn’t tell you, as I don’t know anything about the player. If the club picked him then he must have some quality. I train whoever the club puts at my disposal.”

Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri doesn't know anything about Chalobah...

http://www.football-italia.net/72326/sarri-napoli-improvements

To be honest, I don't expect Chalobah to be anything more than squad depth at Napoli

Will be interesting to see whether he gets more than a few cameo appearances..

To be honest, I don't expect Chalobah to be anything more than squad depth at Napoli

Will be interesting to see whether he gets more than a few cameo appearances..

I find this loan deal to be rather bizarre because I thought we would loan him to another English side. Our success rate in loaning players to a foreign club isn't exactly great.

I find this loan deal to be rather bizarre because I thought we would loan him to another English side. Our success rate in loaning players to a foreign club isn't exactly great.

I agree that our foreign loan success rate isn't that great....but who knows, maybe he can join Kakuta, T. Hazard and Romeu in terms of doing relatively well on loan and earning a permanent move to another team

As for loaning him to an English side, he's just had 4 consecutive years in the championship...maybe the player wanted a change of scenery?

such a pity ,, three we thought were our future ,,, Gael , Josh ,, Nat ,, heart breaking remembering Esk Weston and how optimistic he was . For recent members

Esk was an expert on our Academy sadly he has posted on here for two years . I think you can find his vids in the archives or on you tube

I think it`s probably his last shot at turning the tide and one day becoming a player with us..it`s an extreme long shot tho as we have put the development of our youth in the hands of other coaches with other agendas to what is best for their development into future players for Chelsea.

not every young player should be loaned out.none should be loaned out more than twice.preferably only once.

there should be atleast 2 or 3 young players given the chance to break into the first team squad every season with the calibre of young players we have. this year will be the first time since the late 90`s we have given that many a chance.

Board or manager or both ???

Both.

I would guess our board has very little clue about youth since the last one coming through was Terry and that was 17years ago. Seventeen years.

As for Mourinho. People say he can do it but I doubt. Yeah he did it with Varane or Zouma (that said Zouma is not yet our definite starter).

But that said, neither was yout product of their club. Both were bought, after showing promise in france.

Can he do it with a player coming straight from our youth academy, who has absolutely nothing to show but his talent? Someone who will need to be given 10 games where he will fail, but then another one where his career will break and he will perform better and better. Can we expect that trust and belief from Mou? I dont think so.

Maybe RLC will make it, would be realy nice.