Daniele de Rossi

the wes

I am pretty sure we have toplay 4-3-3 in the big games. Nowadays all big teams except Barca teams play 4-2-3-1. We only can beat them when we have one man more in midfield. Mata will be useless against Real, BAyern, City, Juve anyway.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure we have toplay 4-3-3 in the big games. Nowadays all big teams except Barca teams play 4-2-3-1. We only can beat them when we have one man more in midfield. Mata will be useless against Real, BAyern, City, Juve anyway.

Real madrid played 4-2-3-1

Not realy. If we create good team work and make our young players top players once (Lukaku, Kdb, Chalobah, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle,...), others will fear us. Maybe not next season or two, but then we will be realy top team in the world with great environment under Mou.

If we get Ddr and Rooney/Ibra then we will be very strong in this comming season already.

Haven't clicked on this thread in a while so my last read post was a lot of pages back. It is hilarious to read how many times someone in claims it is a done deal or 'very close' or will happen in the next 48 hours and it is sad to see the triumphant reaction here followed inevitably by disappointment every time. :lol:

Yes, rumors are abound. I just hope, Chelsea are getting De Rossi or anybody. Otherwise, it might be another laborious season.

Somehow, I get the feeling the team is still not there to win it all.

KDB, Lukaku returning plus 3 signings already - Marco Van Ginkel. Andre Schurrle, Mark Schwarzer

Yes, rumors are abound. I just hope, Chelsea are getting De Rossi or anybody. Otherwise, it might be another laborious season.

Somehow, I get the feeling the team is still not there to win it all.

Honestly, my confidence relies not on players we have in squad, but the man who's sitting in front of the bench, because of that i don't really mind which players we sign... KEEP CALM AND TRUST JOSE

KDB, Lukaku returning plus 3 signings already - Marco Van Ginkel. Andre Schurrle, Mark Schwarzer

Happy about them all. However, still not proven PL players in my opinion apart from Lukaku. As for Mark, he won´t play much.

Honestly, my confidence relies not on players we have in squad, but the man who's sitting in front of the bench, because of that i don't really mind which players we sign... KEEP CALM AND TRUST JOSE

Well, Jose is fine, certainly one of the best. Games are won or lost by players.

Well, Jose is fine, certainly one of the best. Games are won or lost by players.

United won the PL last season without a doubt because of Ferguson, their squad was nowhere near the quality of Man City in my opinion. Don't underestimate the influence from the manager. No matter who we sign, Mourinho will be our "signing of the season".

I feel like we will have something like "SAF factor" united has last years... idk how to describe it, but i believe in it... he could be our ferguson

EDIT: ^^ this wasn't planned i swear :D

Edited by De_ChrapQaa

United won the PL last season without a doubt because of Ferguson, their squad was nowhere near the quality of Man City in my opinion. Don't underestimate the influence from the manager. No matter who we sign, Mourinho will be our "signing of the season".

Manures had better bench than Chelsea. There is no doubt about it. Scored many late goals that won them games.

Jose may do a lot, but players win games, at the end.

Mata is one player, yes he's our best one but he's only one player. If the all squad is more suitable for 4-3-3 i prefer we play it. Not to mention that even if Mata placed on the right, he could still roam around like always. In the beginning of the season he was placed on the right and Oscar in the middle btw.

I think that 4-3-3 is more suitable for us because Ramires, Lampard, Oscar and KDB all play better in this system i think. Playing Ramires-De Rossi would realy lack the creativity most teams have in those positions, and it will be hard for us to play against them. Just look at the midfield of Bayern and Dortmund, the two teams who got to the final of last season, they are so creative in this area. Schwei-Kross-Martinez (now Thiago also), Gundogan-Bender, and Alonso-Khdira, Iniesta-Xabi-Busquets. I think we need to build a midfield who could compete with the best, becuase thats what we are trying to be. You just need to look at last season CL to understand that a De Rossi-Ramires pivot wouldnt get us too far. It doesnt fits todays football.

Anyway MVG-Rossi-Oscar could also work i think.

Exactly. I dont get the idea of people not wanting us to use 4-3-3 because mata will move to the wing. If it helps us win big games, why not? The other 10 players would work perfectly in a 4-3-3 too?

In some big games the 4-2-3-1 with mata in the middle, we were dominated in the middle in all mancity matches, juve match and even against benfica, To counter that, sometimes you need a hardworking AM in the 4-2-3-1(bayern use kroos or muller) or a complete change to 4-3-3. That could have been the difference against manchestercity last season.

4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 are not the only formations in football nor the only ones we could play..there's 4-1-3-1-1,4-2-2-1-1 etc...too.. but again why get hung up on formations when our players can roam and be more fluid than any rigid old formation.nobody has to be put in an invisible cage on the field where they must stay in only their designated area.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You