Gareth Bale

the wes

Bale-Hazard-Willian ??

A scoring winger who also has good crosses and strength, Hazard in middle with more free role and Willian on right as typical workhorse, but also a very quick one.

However this attacking trio and Cesc behind is suicide.

IMO:

Costa/Remy

Hazard/Bale - Fabregas/Hazard - Bale/Willian/Cuadrado

Matic/Ramires - Ramires/Mikel/Pogba??

Azpi/Filipe - JT - Varane/Zouma - Azpi/Ivan

TBO/Petr

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bale is not worth the fee you would have to pay to get him imo.

Football's a funny game. Last season he's one of the best in the world, but now he's not good enough? 13/14 Bale and 14/15 Bale is basically one and the same. The good and the bad. A bit less effective in terms of goals and assists but that's it (And that's mostly because of Real as a collective. Real was the best team of 2014 by far, they made scoring goals look ridiculously easy. 2015 Real have become mortal again.). Bale's entire season was defined by his goal against Barca in the Copa final, and scoring the 2-1 in the CL final. All of a sudden everything that happened before, the criticism and the questioning of whether he suited Real, was erased.

But I have to say, his work rate has dropped. But whether that is because of Ancelotti's instructions or Bale's ego, that's all speculation.

Playing on the right doesn't help him though. It doesn't suit him. His deficiencies become all the more apparent. But I wonder if he's willing to play on the left again, where I think he's at his best. He won't score as much on the left, he might not like that.

Bale is a decent player but adding him for the fee associated with his transfer would be the dumbest thing the club could do since Torres. He gets injured a lot and doesn't really work hard at both ends despite being a former wingback. I also don't like the fact that he has poor technique and can't play quick passes to release players in tight situations.

He adds pace, goals(maybe) and long range shooting but I don't think he makes us a better team overall. Especially for the amount he would command.

No, no, no.

Thankfully the board have more sense than to pay silly silly money for the tottenham reject monkeyman

I dont think anyone would want him for 100m. Even when he moved to RM, I though in what world is that 100m. 60m at max.

However I dont think Real will be able to sell him for 100m...unless United goes absolutely crazy.

If his price will be around 50m, I would take him tbh. He is excelent finisher, can put a good cross and is one of those players who fits PL more than La liga. He has pace, power and directness, something we lack in attack IMO. But only if he can somehow play on left with Eden in middle, because apart from goals, he was more or less useless in real on right.

I dont think anyone would want him for 100m. Even when he moved to RM, I though in what world is that 100m. 60m at max.

However I dont think Real will be able to sell him for 100m...unless United goes absolutely crazy.

If his price will be around 50m, I would take him tbh. He is excelent finisher, can put a good cross and is one of those players who fits PL more than La liga. He has pace, power and directness, something we lack in attack IMO. But only if he can somehow play on left with Eden in middle, because apart from goals, he was more or less useless in real on right.

That makes sense. I think Real Madrid, when they smell Abramovich though, would still hold out for stupid money, and our board now, after Shevchenko, Torres debarcle are more prudent

He is perfectly suited for PL and a must buy for the right price. His value has gone downhill for sure and in normal circumstances he can't go for more than 55-60m. You would have to overpay big time and frankly he is not a 80-85m player. One of my favourite wingers atm, but definitely not worth that money.

I reckon he'd choose Chelsea over any other English team atm. The problem is that I can't see Chelsea going over the 60m mark. Going into a bidding war with United would only be a waste of precious time in the market because you know they are desperate enough to overpay for him.

My guess is that Florentino Perez will rob United of at least 85m.

That makes sense. I think Real Madrid, when they smell Abramovich though, would still hold out for stupid money, and our board now, after Shevchenko, Torres debarcle are more prudent

True, but they know we wont go into ridiculous numbers with anyone anymore. We will set final price and then they will decide. Im sure there will be United, City, maybe us and Psg who can easily afford 50m for him. Its up to Bale where to move, because I doubt he will want to stay there for another season.

That said, Real also paid 40m for Illaramendi, no way they will be getting that money back either.

Di Maria had superb season with them and they got 60m for him, Bale isnt in exactly same situation, so its not neccessary Bale will be more expensive than Di Maria.

But in the end, only if Bale forces to join us, we will have him for decent price. Thats only way.

What I know is that we can afford him as well as Koke and Varane. We can buy 3 players of that caliber and price because we've done our job perfectly in the last years regarding FFP.

I'd rather go for Reus but seriously, there're limited options to choose from and Bale is one of them. You know, those extra 50 millions of pounds from new TV deal can go directly to buy the player of Bale quality. I think he'd be so good for Mourinho counter-attacking football, literally perfect. Though he hasn't got sublime technique but I don't agree at all if he's labelled limited. What ? He has very good technique actually. Against packed sides he won't be extraordinary (still way better than Willian) but against the big side he'd be godlike with all that space to hit on the counter. We are toothless against any big side with our attacks and this guy alone could solve that greatly. We'd actually attack them and not limited ourself to 1 or 2 isolated situation like it is now.

He's tailor-made from Mourinho. If Real drops the price to €60-70m then go for him and let's give us a chance to stand side by side against the biggest boys.

People are acting as though he's going to cost what Real Madrid paid for him. They'll probably be desperate to flog him off for £50-60m just so they can buy their next shiny toy to replace him. I'd pay that for sure.

Put him on our left flank with Hazard at #10 and we'd probably have an attack on the level of Barca and Bayern.

Will be a serious concern if he ends up at one of our rivals. He's made for the PL.

The question is who is their next shiny toy and at the moment the only player that can be considered as shiny for RM is Hazard

Going into a bidding war with United would only be a waste of precious time in the market because you know they are desperate enough to overpay for him.

My guess is that Florentino Perez will rob United of at least 85m.

I don't believe that United would offer anywhere near that figure.

They have to buy like

a) world-class CB

b ) right-back

c) world-class midfielder

And then also a winger.

However those 3 positions will cost a lot and if they're going to sign a winger I think they will turn for someone cheaper (Depay in on agenda for a long time now). Let's not forget that bar Angel Di Maria, their record signing is Juan Mata for £37m. Their owners are not like Abramovich, Perez and those from PSG and City, they are not passionate to buy players to have fun with them, they still want to make money and run United as a business. I doubt they have an obsession about one player like those owners above, instead they see $$ in potential purchase. Considering that they spent a lot last summer and there are still positions to strengthen this summer, I doubt they are going to pay over the top for a player, they are not that kind of owners.

I mean we paid around £30m for Willian and Cuadrado, if Bale goes for around £50m I'd 100% snap him up.

But I doubt we will go for bale having Cuadradro and Willian.

One of those will have to go.

I hope it's Willian.

Cuadradro while I don't like the buy needs at least next season to prove what he got.

Willian already had enough of him.

The question is who is their next shiny toy and at the moment the only player that can be considered as shiny for RM is Hazard

Reus maybe? I know he just signed a new contract but if they wanted him they'd get him.

Or maybe those crazy bastards would buy Di Maria back since he clearly isn't comfortable and happy at United. Their fans hate Bale and loved Di Maria so maybe they can sort out some sort of swap.

They have to buy like

a) world-class CB

b ) right-back

And then also a winger.

However those 3 positions will cost a lot and if they're going to sign a winger I think they will turn for someone cheaper (Depay in on agenda for a long time now). Let's not forget that bar Angel Di Maria, their record signing is Juan Mata for £37m. Their owners are not like Abramovich, Perez and those from PSG and City, they are not passionate to buy players to have fun with them, they still want to make money and run United as a business. I doubt they have an obsession about one player like those owners above, instead they see $$ in potential purchase. Considering that they spent a lot last summer and there are still positions to strengthen this summer, I doubt they are going to pay over the top for a player, they are not that kind of owners.

I believe they are free to spend up to 200, let's say 250m in this summer, so matching Madrid's asking price will not be a problem. As I said, United are desperate enough, and naive, to bow down to Florentino's wishes.

They have to buy like

a) world-class CB

b ) right-back

And then also a winger.

IF they sign Bale, they will sell Di Maria, if they sign CM, they will sell Herrera etc. They wont get as much money as they spent on them, but they will still get quite some money.

Also they just might accept De Gea-Bale exchange.

IF they sign Bale, they will sell Di Maria, if they sign CM, they will sell Herrera etc. They wont get as much money as they spent on them, but they will still get quite some money.

Also they just might accept De Gea-Bale exchange.

4-3-3

Bale-Rooney-Di Maria

Herrara Fellaini and blind

I think an ideal man united would be

Bale Rooney DI Maria

Herrara-Fellaini-Strootman

or you can always move Rooney back and insert Van persie in the starting 11 pending on his condition

4-3-3

Bale-Rooney-Di Maria

Herrara Fellaini and blind

I think an ideal man united would be

Bale Rooney DI Maria

Herrara-Fellaini-Strootman

or you can always move Rooney back and insert Van persie in the starting 11 pending on his condition

Sure there is place for everyone in this team to play. But I was pointing on fact that DM might want to leave, and they will sell him to fund Bale move.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You