Gareth Bale

the wes

£75m buy-out clause, apparently we are going to pay and are ok to do so due to FFP.

Have to say, I wouldn't want to pay that much for a player considering the other areas we need to strengthen but I wouldn't be against it either considering we could line up like

Costa

Bale-Eden-Willian

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------Suarez------------------

-------Bale--Hazard--Neymar-------

------------Messi--Ronaldo-----------

Robben--Ibra--Bendtner--Ivanovic

-----------------Turnbull---------------

Hopefuly one day chelsea will be like this (I wouldnt include Ivanovic, but you know Mourinho...)

:ph34r:

£75m buy-out clause, apparently we are going to pay and are ok to do so due to FFP.

Have to say, I wouldn't want to pay that much for a player considering the other areas we need to strengthen but I wouldn't be against it either considering we could line up like

Costa

Bale-Eden-Willian

£75m ? More like €75m.

Of course British journalists blindly converted euro to pound. £75m is more than Real paid to Tottenham and I don't think that his value has growed. Maybe I'm wrong ...

(Pound to euro ratio is bigger now and international transfers are accounted in euros so the sum will be bigger realistically than in 2013)

I'd take him for reasonable price.

Hi friend!

Well, I think it's like Ronaldo, Messi or Hazard ... they play on one side but are not pure winger. Bale would same as with them. His position would be similar to them.

We have Hazard on the left leg changed and their performance is spectacular

I remember when Jose was in Madrid and he wanted the signing of Bale, everyone claimed they were going to play with Ronaldo on the left side and Bale on the right.

Obviously Bale is not a pure winger, but Willian or Hazard neither are. Neither Ronaldo, Messi Neither ... many examples. Have a great ability to rotate the positions of our players is very important in football.

I think Real Madrid is not a good place to evaluate Bale. To my Bale is a player designed to play in Premier League. It is a perfect player to play in England.

The game in Spain is very different and many players do not just adapt. Besides playing a team where the role of leader has Ronaldo, a player with excessive ego.

In Premier I'm sure that Bale benching leading role with ability to occupy much space in the field.

Regards.

For me, Bale yes is a pure Winger, with a lot of goal, but a winger. Cristiano, Hazard, Robben and the others are different to him. Bale is one of the last old school wingers, of overflow and win the line.

He cant dribble, and is technically horrible

Didn't stop him from destroying the PL a couple of years ago.

I'd love him here. Another bonus he'd bring to our team is that he's a world class free kick taker. Would be nice if we actually had someone who's a genuine threat to score directly from free kicks around the box. Instead of just softly crossing it in with Fabregas we can have someone with a cannon for a leg that can score wonder goals.

A front four with Costa, Hazard, Bale, and one of Cuadrado or Willian would be ridiculous. Pace, power, technical ability, goals, assists, creativity, and workrate. Literally no weaknesses.

We play counter attack in most of the big games, and worryingly we've been pretty shit at countering all season. Bale would be awesome here. Dude is a game changer, something we don't really have other than Eden.

If not Bale, then someone else has to be brought in. Hazard and two workhorses isn't good enough for next season.

75 million pounds is too much for him.

Not really he is quite popular so over his contract we will make at least 20-30m back from shirt sale and marketing from his image right. Also for a A+ bracket player the rate is automatically 30-40m minimum let alone a player who is the most expensive in football history who just had a decent season. He hasn't been as good as the last 2 seasons but still a good season, double figure for goals and assists aI believe.

Also he has sorted out his injury problem now he would be great for us. But then Cuadrado will become Salah :P

We play counter attack in most of the big games, and worryingly we've been pretty shit at countering all season. Bale would be awesome here. Dude is a game changer, something we don't really have other than Eden.

If not Bale, then someone else has to be brought in. Hazard and two workhorses isn't good enough for next season.

The thing is who is 'good enough' to be that Hazard of the right we want? Cuadrado was as good as it gets on paper and affordablity. Obviously Bale will cost 70-80m min. I can think of a few players in the world who can do what Hazard does and they are Bale, Neymar, Sanchez, Robben, James, Reus. Half of them don't even play RW.

The thing is who is 'good enough' to be that Hazard of the right we want? Cuadrado was as good as it gets on paper and affordablity. Obviously Bale will cost 70-80m min. I can think of a few players in the world who can do what Hazard does and they are Bale, Neymar, Sanchez, Robben, James, Reus. Half of them don't even play RW.

The first decision needs to be if we're going to buy a CAM/CM (to replace Oscar) or a RW (to replace Willian). We wont buy both in this summer and i dont think we should change the team too much, we're in a good season winning the league and the team's connected.

If we want a CAM, it means Oscar is on the bench/sold, and you got Pogba and Koke who can replace him. Willian wil continue at the Right Wing.

If we want a Winger, Oscar/Willian will continue in the CAM spot, and the options are less attractive maybe, but probably not super expensive. In my opinion - Fekir, Berhimi, Fermino, maybe Rues but probably not, Sterling(?).

My guess is that we'll first try Koke, if we cant get him than we'll try Pogba.

What makes people think Bale will be sold? He'll undoubtedly be a Madrid player next season, he isn't a coward. He'll want to prove the critics wrong just as Benzema, Ronaldo and Modric did.

We need to be after Sterling instead.

Not really he is quite popular so over his contract we will make at least 20-30m back from shirt sale and marketing from his image right. Also for a A+ bracket player the rate is automatically 30-40m minimum let alone a player who is the most expensive in football history who just had a decent season. He hasn't been as good as the last 2 seasons but still a good season, double figure for goals and assists aI believe.

Also he has sorted out his injury problem now he would be great for us. But then Cuadrado will become Salah :P

The stories about players earning a huge parts of their fee back through shirt sales are false. Clubs only receive a small percentage for every shirt sold. Not to mention the fact that if you sell a lot of shirts of one certain player, other names sell less. There are only so many people that buy a Chelsea shirt, a big name does not add millions of people going to the store to buy a shirt with their name.

Players earn money for their clubs by helping the team win.

The first decision needs to be if we're going to buy a CAM/CM (to replace Oscar) or a RW (to replace Willian). We wont buy both in this summer and i dont think we should change the team too much, we're in a good season winning the league and the team's connected.

If we want a CAM, it means Oscar is on the bench/sold, and you got Pogba and Koke who can replace him. Willian wil continue at the Right Wing.

If we want a Winger, Oscar/Willian will continue in the CAM spot, and the options are less attractive maybe, but probably not super expensive. In my opinion - Fekir, Berhimi, Fermino, maybe Rues but probably not, Sterling(?).

My guess is that we'll first try Koke, if we cant get him than we'll try Pogba.

I think Koke will stay with Atletico, unless we make a ridiculous offer

What makes people think Bale will be sold? He'll undoubtedly be a Madrid player next season, he isn't a coward. He'll want to prove the critics wrong just as Benzema, Ronaldo and Modric did.

We need to be after Sterling instead.

Can Sterling track back? If not, I don't see how he fits into Mourinho's tactics

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You