Man City 1-0 Chelsea

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

"Madueke is usable." how the mighty have fallen. 😆

The problem with Caicedo isn't the lack of calmness, but his lack of skill on the ball. I've heard different descriptions of Lavia, so I'll refrain from commenting until I see him on the pitch. You are overestimating what players have done in different leagues, different circumstances, and requirements. What Bellingham did is the rarest jump in quality that only happens once in a long while.

I guess this is the time we agree to disagree. I think this squad is indeed shit, esp regarding the lack of options which would allow a manager to change something during a match (which is why I don't focus on Poch). We will be proven right or wrong given enough time.

I get your point, but Havertz, Puli, Jorgi, Kova etc. weren’t good enough for us. Correct me if I’m wrong but all of them are having good seasons. We don’t need 11 superstars on the pitch at the moment. We need 2,3 great players and others to grow around them. 
IMO Caicedo doesn’t lack skill, he lacks confidence. 

4 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

"Madueke is usable." how the mighty have fallen. 😆

The problem with Caicedo isn't the lack of calmness, but his lack of skill on the ball. I've heard different descriptions of Lavia, so I'll refrain from commenting until I see him on the pitch. You are overestimating what players have done in different leagues, different circumstances, and requirements. What Bellingham did is the rarest jump in quality that only happens once in a long while.

I guess this is the time we agree to disagree. I think this squad is indeed shit, esp regarding the lack of options which would allow a manager to change something during a match (which is why I don't focus on Poch). We will be proven right or wrong given enough time.

17 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

Madueke is usable. I see Palmer on the right with Gusto or James running in behind. In theory Mudryk can be the player on the left to unlock the team, but his decision making and concentration are beyond shocking most of the time. Nico is a great option in front. His finishing is agonizing, but there is enough there for a place in the squad. Yor are severely underestimating our players. We are not a great team yet, but we have so many good players. Both Enzo and Caicedo will calm down with Lavia between them and start cooking. On top of that we have Nkunku. He was one of the 3 best players in Germany alongside Musiala and Bellingham last season. Wirtz gives me hope that our players can come back from injuries stronger. After playing more games together we will learn to control games a bit better. Probably for 60-70 mins per game on average, which will help with injuries too. The future is bright. The lads need our support. 

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Personally, I don’t think the squad is shit but it is also not full of WC potential. If this squad were shit we would be hammered in the PL week in week out. But the squad somehow hold up, are the better side more often than not but shoot themselves in the foot regularly due to their lack of experience and winning mentality. Most of the players have average PL level talent. Some like palmer are in a league of their own and some like the three Brighton boys are league one level but most of the rest are just young and mediocre .

What I think the future will look like for this club in the next 10 years is upper mid table. Regular in incompetence league or EL and sometimes pushing for 5th in case we get a classy, results oriented coach at some point. There is this gradual decline in the stature of the club that started under Roman, accelerated under Clownlake and will return to trend mean in the next few years: from title winner to title candidate to CL regular to CL spot competitor with occasional successful cup runs to mid table team with unsuccessful cup runs . I am confident will stabilize at upper mid table and remain there for the rest of clownlake era with occasional outlier seasons 

12 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

I get your point, but Havertz, Puli, Jorgi, Kova etc. weren’t good enough for us. Correct me if I’m wrong but all of them are having good seasons. We don’t need 11 superstars on the pitch at the moment. We need 2,3 great players and others to grow around them. 
IMO Caicedo doesn’t lack skill, he lacks confidence. 

Harvertz is having a good season in my book, but we go again into characteristics vs quality -- the latter is disregarded around here way too often. Say, even if one rates Jackson, he can't head the ball to save his life. Wouldn't a player like Kai offer something different? Wouldn't a RLC offer something when Enzo is out or at least to win some high balls in the middle? We have nothing similar to Jorginho, and while Enzo does have some of Kova short passing ability, we've got no good options in midfield: when Enzo cannot play we are fucked.

Pulisic, as frustrating as he was esp in the last seasons at the club, plays a different sport compared to Mudryk (far superior to Madueke as well); I don't really understand how Mudryk can be playing at Chelsea--he is bizarre.

While I can understand looking Caicedo and liking what he does on the pitch, I really don't understand how someone can see him and think that here's the new Rodri. Now if you argue that he's a good, and can become a great ball winning mid, I may be onboard, but I don't value that type of role a whole lot in a big club. That goes into personal preference and what I see from other clubs.

Once again, I disagree I think we need a lot more than 2-3 players and some of the players we've got have to go either on loan or sold.

@Magic Lamps agreed on the "somewhere in the middle" bit. "Shit" can sound a bit heavy, but just to clarify, I'm talking about the squad not players. I'm saying that the squad was poorly built.

Edited by robsblubot

39 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

So sad. His last chance to finish with a trophy. But also symbolic. Big clubs try to build a legacy of triumph by passing the torch of that champions attitude/winning mentality along. Usually this is done by slowly phasing out serial winners after they had the chance to break in the new talent and not cutting them loose all at once like boehly did. Now we have silva outnumbered as one of very few proven winners in a bunch of money grabbing hype boys. Probably even worse in the board rooms of the club. Any remains of winning mentality within the entire club just eradicated by some incompetent Americans in a matter of months. 

Once we are rid of clownlake only then we can start to rebuild the culture that was brought here by Roman/Jose and carried onto the pitch by JT/Lamps/Petr/Drogs from scratch. 

Edited by Magic Lamps

We played better against them in the last league match, the 1-1, except the last 15 minutes we sat back.
We created more chances in that match.
Yesterday it was two or three but Jackson failed to put us ahead.
Citeh are indeed filthy rich, like Madrid.
Citeh are better than Madrid despite going down to them (about next year I don't know). Certainly better than pool.
The MOTM was Doku not De Bruyne.

When you don't have expirience , leaders on the pitch and elite manager who know how to manage these games . Especially with this City killed by fatigue, but not Botalcino showed again that he does not know how to manage matches of this caliber .  We are already in the matrix  trust the process ,  while  these clowns  makes money  . False hope after every win just killing this club more and more .

1 hour ago, milka said:

Especially with this City killed by fatigue, but not Botalcino showed again that he does not know how to manage matches of this caliber .  

Killed by fatigue ...
They played better than they did at Etihad in the 1-1 draw.
These matches hang on a razor's edge and we also had to cope with Oliver and his var friend.
I remember a myriad pens like that.
Just tell me if the rule has changed.
Does the defending player have to confess to Scotland yard detectives now to the effect it was deliberate ?
If such a change has come about, I 'm going to apologize to Oliver.

Edited by cosmicway

6 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

0 shots taken from the positions below.  Defies all logic honestly

Jackson-miss.jpg

GLoIzq3WgAA8DF5?format=jpg&name=large

All he needed was a lob over Ortega's head.
Ortega was 12 yards away from his goalposts.
I 'd forgive Jackson if he lobbed the ball and somehow miss, but not what he did.
Lost his mind and stopped dead on his tracks knowing not what to do.

The second one is Chil if I 'm not mistaken.
Attempted the pass but was intercepted.

Edited by cosmicway

Second youngest team in the league, first year playing together, and we outplayed man city, PL, FA cup and champions league champions, yes we didn't win but to say this team is showing no improvement is a lie, slate me all your want but if you can't see that we are improving that's your problem not mine.

42 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Second youngest team in the league, first year playing together, and we outplayed man city, PL, FA cup and champions league champions, yes we didn't win but to say this team is showing no improvement is a lie, slate me all your want but if you can't see that we are improving that's your problem not mine.

The doom and gloom here after to losing to a veteran team of Man City even if they had just played Madrid is kinda crazy. We were set up to take the game to them and we did our finishing let us down again. Man City with their experience knew they needed just one chance and fortunately they got it. I know the loss stings but in 3 games this season vs City we have not been blown out and have been right there for the taking. City for years has crushed us minus the TT CL win. Over March and April I’ve seen a different Chelsea team still inconsistent but much better than the start of the year.

2 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

The doom and gloom here after to losing to a veteran team of Man City even if they had just played Madrid is kinda crazy. We were set up to take the game to them and we did our finishing let us down again. Man City with their experience knew they needed just one chance and fortunately they got it. I know the loss stings but in 3 games this season vs City we have not been blown out and have been right there for the taking. City for years has crushed us minus the TT CL win. Over March and April I’ve seen a different Chelsea team still inconsistent but much better than the start of the year.

This team needs a real striker above all else.
I 'm fed up with Pato type solutions.

^^^ Jackson might be ok eventually, Noni can go on general principal he reminds of a Ziyech character, Caicedo does nothing that 50 lesser priced players could also do, and lastly Disasi can stay in the squad