Man City 1-0 Chelsea

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Sure you can coach concentration. Usually it is easier with kids but psychologists also teach it to adult professionals. Sure poch can’t but he should know sports psychologists who do. I know that the wc winning German national team had several sports psychologists with them as did many Olympic gold medal winning British teams 

Yes sports psychologists do work but a club like Chelsea you believe we don't have that on payroll. My university in the US for D! soccer we had it. What I'm trying to say is that no matter how much a manager or a professional works with someone that still may not give results. It is not just this year that concentration at the back has been an issue however we purchased a bunch of ball-watching defenders and that has hurt us greatly this season. The exodus of AC and Rudi had us panic buy average defenders in Fofana, Koulibaly, Badi, and Disasi. At the time the market for WC CBs that were available wasn't there. Especially to a team that just came out of sanctions. If there is one thing we need to do this off season is replace our two main CB. I hate to say it but look at what Arsenal did and how having a solid backline has propelled them up the table.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

absolutely should have won this 1 4

the 2 Jackson horrid misses (there were 3, but 2 came in same sequence, so would have only yielded 2 goals)

the pen not called (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

and Chilwell (who must be blind) missing a wide open Sterling who would have had an easy shot

SHAMEFUL

You obviously don’t like Chilly. He was the only one running at players, when he came in. He hasn’t had any rhythm in his game since 2021. And there is no such thing as a easy shot for Sterling 🤣

They scored quite the lucky goal too tbh.   

2 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

We played a good game. I am tired of this narrative that city were soo tired. We didn’t let them play. Their heads were down, because after all the trophies they won, they wanted the CL. The cup and the league aren’t the same when you win them every year.

As for Jackson’s misses this is the biggest mistake of our season. I said it many times before when we loaned Broja. You can’t have ONE striker. Every striker needs competition.

Disagree regarding the tiredness. They were clearly tired and were missing important players esp as options.

They played a super difficult leg against the biggest club and did not have enough time until this match.

Agreed regarding having a single striker option. Been saying the roster is super unbalanced.

Just now, lluubbeenn said:

You obviously don’t like Chilly. He was the only one running at players, when he came in. He hasn’t had any rhythm in his game since 2021. And there is no such thing as a easy shot for Sterling 🤣

They scored quite the lucky goal too tbh.   

Naw Chillwell has had to go for since after we won the CL let's be honest. He's too injury prone and his decision-making in attack and defence is poor.

Just now, robsblubot said:

Disagree regarding the tiredness. They were clearly tired and were missing important players esp as options.

They played a super difficult leg against the biggest club and did not have enough time until this match.

Agreed regarding having a single striker option. Been saying the roster is super unbalanced.

This is the most expensive and the best team in the world. They have allegedly broken 114 financial rules. They can play two games in a week. Pep decided to rotate only a couple of players. Only Rodri is irreplaceable in their squad. 

1 minute ago, bluesman2610 said:

Naw Chillwell has had to go for since after we won the CL let's be honest. He's too injury prone and his decision-making in attack and defence is poor.

Maybe we should start paying attention to injury-proneness… but then again, we signed freaking fofana for big money. 

Just now, robsblubot said:

Maybe we should start paying attention to injury-proneness… but then again, we signed freaking fofana for big money. 

Oh absolutely you have all these players that are supposed to make an impact in your squad but they are on the sidelines

Just now, lluubbeenn said:

This is the most expensive and the best team in the world. They have allegedly broken 114 financial rules. They can play two games in a week. Pep decided to rotate only a couple of players. Only Rodri is irreplaceable in their squad. 

Still I saw what I saw. Some of it was our good job in D, but they still looked tire to me esp debruyne and Bernardo.

1 minute ago, lluubbeenn said:

We played a good game. I am tired of this narrative that city were soo tired. We didn’t let them play. Their heads were down, because after all the trophies they won, they wanted the CL. The cup and the league aren’t the same when you win them every year.

As for Jackson’s misses this is the biggest mistake of our season. I said it many times before when we loaned Broja. You can’t have ONE striker. Every striker needs competition.

Broja is dog shit post injury (and maybe before)

we had SO many options to buy a decent CF the last 2 or 3 seasons

and we deffo had the cash look at the £222m we dropped on Caicedo and Enzo

all of these could have been had for the right price (as some of the clubs had huge financial issues or would have sould if we dumped huge money)

Lautaro Martínez 
Victor Osimhen 
Alexander Isak  
Dušan Vlahović   
Ollie Watkins  
Jonathan David  
Ivan Toney

I believe that we should keep Poch, sign a winger, a striker and keep Chalobah. That would be more than enough for me. I would love Osimhen, but I am ok if we go a tier lower. 
I know you will say we can’t get the top top players after this two seasons, but who doesn’t dream to play alongside the best player in the world. 😀

1 minute ago, lluubbeenn said:

I believe that we should keep Poch, sign a winger, a striker and keep Chalobah. That would be more than enough for me.

worst post of the year

we are SHIT at CB, LB, so need a DMF

yes a RWer for sure and of course a CF

but Poch is fucking clueless

We can and should improve in several positions -- not only in quality but in numbers as well. We don't freaking have a striker who's even decent in the air ffs! We don't have mids who are more attacking minded, for ex. That's why it's always the same players who start in the middle. As far as I'm concerned the D has two starters only: gusto and Colwill. And the goalie likely needs upgrading also. Wings need a revamp... esp considering Sterling looks like a bust.

And that unless we improve the squad tenfold, we shouldn't really bother with upgrading on the manager, unless! the better manager can play a big part in recruiting and improving the squad. A tactically savvy manager would be wasted with this squad esp due to the lack of options.

Edited by robsblubot

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

worst post of the year

we are SHIT at CB, LB, so need a DMF

yes a RWer for sure and of course a CF

but Poch is fucking clueless

You are a bit overreacting. We have Colwill and Chalobah at CB. Probably one of the 3 French guys steps up. Cucu is ok at lb. He has missed a better player in front of him. Chilly can have a good season too, if he can stay injury free. We have Lavia AND Ugo. We need to buy more? We need a LW more than a RW. Who can play on the left. I don’t believe Mudryk will cut it and Sterling is past it. We need a starting LW and ST. That’s it. We need to fight and to top 4. Step by step.

4 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

You are a bit overreacting. We have Colwill and Chalobah at CB. Probably one of the 3 French guys steps up. Cucu is ok at lb. He has missed a better player in front of him. Chilly can have a good season too, if he can stay injury free. We have Lavia AND Ugo. We need to buy more? We need a LW more than a RW. Who can play on the left. I don’t believe Mudryk will cut it and Sterling is past it. We need a starting LW and ST. That’s it. We need to fight and to top 4. Step by step.

Think we need a bit more than that esp regarding options -- we used to have a lot options to change matches and not long ago. Injury-proneness is a thing. It's easy to blame lady luck, but some of these players have been unavailable. or struggling, for way too long.

Challobah is average -- good option nothing more. Ugo does not look like a quality player to me. Lavia is a fad until he plays.

The attack situ is dire. Aside from Cole, we've got nothing up front. Madueke apparently is now OK for the same people who used to call Willian (and other controversial players) a work horse with zero attacking output. Madueke played the entire game today and 30 minutes against Liverpool in OT on fresh legs and has nothing to show for it. It's easy to criticize Jackson today, but where was Madueke? Tbf, I don't blame him, but the club in having to rely on a player who clearly isn't ready to help us.

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Think we need a bit more than that esp regarding options -- we used to have a lot options to change matches and not long ago. Injury-proneness is a thing. It's easy to blame lady luck, but some of these players have been unavailable. or struggling, for way too long.

Challobah is average -- good option nothing more. Ugo does not look like a quality player to me. Lavia is a fad until he plays.

The attack situ is dire. Aside from Cole, we've got nothing up front. Madueke apparently is now OK for the same people who used to call Willian (and other controversial players) a work horse with zero attacking output. Madueke played the entire game today and 30 minutes against Liverpool in OT on fresh legs and has nothing to show for it. It's easy to criticize Jackson today, but where was Madueke? Tbf, I don't blame him, but the club in having to rely on a player who clearly isn't ready to help us.

Madueke is usable. I see Palmer on the right with Gusto or James running in behind. In theory Mudryk can be the player on the left to unlock the team, but his decision making and concentration are beyond shocking most of the time. Nico is a great option in front. His finishing is agonizing, but there is enough there for a place in the squad. Yor are severely underestimating our players. We are not a great team yet, but we have so many good players. Both Enzo and Caicedo will calm down with Lavia between them and start cooking. On top of that we have Nkunku. He was one of the 3 best players in Germany alongside Musiala and Bellingham last season. Wirtz gives me hope that our players can come back from injuries stronger. After playing more games together we will learn to control games a bit better. Probably for 60-70 mins per game on average, which will help with injuries too. The future is bright. The lads need our support. 

13 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

Madueke is usable. I see Palmer on the right with Gusto or James running in behind. In theory Mudryk can be the player on the left to unlock the team, but his decision making and concentration are beyond shocking most of the time. Nico is a great option in front. His finishing is agonizing, but there is enough there for a place in the squad. Yor are severely underestimating our players. We are not a great team yet, but we have so many good players. Both Enzo and Caicedo will calm down with Lavia between them and start cooking. On top of that we have Nkunku. He was one of the 3 best players in Germany alongside Musiala and Bellingham last season. Wirtz gives me hope that our players can come back from injuries stronger. After playing more games together we will learn to control games a bit better. Probably for 60-70 mins per game on average, which will help with injuries too. The future is bright. The lads need our support. 

"Madueke is usable." how the mighty have fallen. 😆

The problem with Caicedo isn't the lack of calmness, but his lack of skill on the ball. I've heard different descriptions of Lavia, so I'll refrain from commenting until I see him on the pitch. You are overestimating what players have done in different leagues, different circumstances, and requirements. What Bellingham did is the rarest jump in quality that only happens once in a long while.

I guess this is the time we agree to disagree. I think this squad is indeed shit, esp regarding the lack of options which would allow a manager to change something during a match (which is why I don't focus on Poch). We will be proven right or wrong given enough time.

Edited by robsblubot