Chelsea 6-1 Middlesbrough

Very disappointing that in 10 days not only the injury list didn't get shorter it got added to. 

I don't know if the problem is the medical staff, the players, the coach or all of the above, but I believe this is the biggest problem with Chelsea FC. We need to sort this out ASAP. 

18 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

Very disappointing that in 10 days not only the injury list didn't get shorter it got added to. 

I don't know if the problem is the medical staff, the players, the coach or all of the above, but I believe this is the biggest problem with Chelsea FC. We need to sort this out ASAP. 

As I have said -it all went tits up when our medical and physio was outsourced instead of in house

Not helping that some of our recruits are coming in with pretty lengthy injury records either.  Injuries are unavoidable and unpredictable at times granted.  But recruiting players with serious or chronic injuries in their history should be avoided

Our left and right backs  are permanently injured and our only back in the squad Maatsen who is already in starting 11 in Germany just  get rid of him   playing Colwill out of position all season  logic . Anyway we will probably qualify for the final and lose there, we have already played this movie.

Edited by milka

Need to organise protests at ground and on social media feeds etc calling for the sacking of the entire medical department. Their work isn’t up to standard and they need to be held accountable 

32 minutes ago, lucio said:

Need to organise protests at ground and on social media feeds etc calling for the sacking of the entire medical department. Their work isn’t up to standard and they need to be held accountable 

Laurent and Dr Biosca, both instrumental in CL and PL wins having been with the club since 2005 were sacked as soon as Boehly and Clownlake took over

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Laurent and Dr Biosca, both instrumental in CL and PL wins having been with the club since 2005 were sacked as soon as Boehly and Clownlake took over

Sounds about right...theyve taken everything that worked with this club and torn it all up. So many backbone staff gone gone gone

Mauricio Pochettino makes Chelsea vs Middlesbrough admission as Todd Boehly target threatened

Mauricio Pochettino thinks Chelsea's Carabao Cup semi-final second-leg against Middlesbrough is the biggest match of his short tenure at Stamford Bridge to date

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/news/mauricio-pochettino-makes-Chelsea-vs-28493141

Mauricio Pochettino believes Chelsea's Carabao Cup semi-final second-leg match with Middlesbrough on Tuesday night is the biggest game of his Blues career so far. Pochettino's side are 1-0 down after losing in the first-leg at the Riverside Stadium but have the chance to put that right at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea are potentially 90 minutes from a trip to Wembley next month but need to overcome a stubborn Middlesbrough side first of all. Michael Carrick set up his team very well a fortnight ago as they held onto a one-goal lead in the north east.

Pochettino did not seem too downhearted after the defeat, despite plenty of Chelsea supporters being very frustrated with what they witnessed. Instead, the Chelsea head coach kept reiterating it was only 'half-time' in the tie. Now is his chance to put things right.

When asked if the match with Boro is the biggest of his tenure at Stamford Bridge thus far, Pochettino responded: "Yes, because it is access to the final. We need to be convincing if we are going to win. It is the opportunity to play in a final so it is the most important so far."

Pochettino is relishing the pressure, too, when asked about how his young squad will cope with a decisive leg in a semi-final – unchartered territory for a lot of them. He said: "It is good pressure. I like this kind of challenge.

"We want to be in that situation and play in a semi-final but for Middlesbrough it is going to be tough also. They need to defend their 1-0 lead. We suffered some criticism which was good and now it is the chance to be free and play and go and show the road to the final."

READ MORE: Every word Mauricio Pochettino said on Chelsea transfers, Nkunku injury, Casadei recall and more

READ MORE: Benzema signs, Gallagher deal, Diomande plan – What Chelsea must do in January transfer window

Tuesday evening – more than anything, perhaps – is the perfect opportunity for Pochettino to show the club's board and owners a clear indication of progress. Reaching a cup final in your debut season is nothing to be sniffed at.

Pochettino knows just how much pressure comes with the responsibility of managing Chelsea. football.london understands his job is not under threat at the moment but Todd Boehly and Behdad Eghbali's ruthless nature was showcased last season when they cut ties with Graham Potter after seven months at the club.

Some of the supporters on social media have called for Pochettino to be sacked but the club continue to back him. Either way, a win against Boro would be hugely significant for Pochettino and his players.

"I think it is really important because it is a possibility to win a title - and yes, the effect is, yes, I agree - to maybe reduce a little bit the pressure on some players," the Argentine said. But I think the excitement to play tomorrow in a personal way is so exciting. Because it is 90 minutes away from playing again at Wembley in a final to have the possibility to win a title.

"I am so motivated and, of course, we try to translate to the players how good it is to play a final at Wembley. Some players have experience of already being in a final and we need dot translate this experience to the younger ones about the possibility to play there, in a special place, and it is really important."

Chelsea's owners are desperate to return to European football next season and one way to do that is by winning the Carabao Cup, where they will then automatically qualify for the Europa Conference League. There are so many narratives that make Chelsea's second-leg with Middlesbrough just that bit bigger.