Newcastle 4-1 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We were rock solid defensively with Colwill Silva Disasi Gusto/Cucurella. 

Coincidently we started conceding tons of goals since James integration and Colwill losing LB spot for Cucurella. 

Not really related to lineup alone.

We started playing better opposition in the last 3 games with Spurs, City and Newcastle. 

Our lack of defensive organization is being more exposed. Especially in setpieces.

Edited by Blue Armour

36 minutes ago, Mário César said:

we can not say "nothing goes well" and not talk about UCl, that is the most important in club terms 

we were a very good side, but not excellent side since conte title and that was with hazard

2017 transfer market still hunt us and we made some mistakes but at least we were top4 side 

since RA sold the club, we are a mid table side, that is a lot worst 

UCL is a knock out competition.
Something goes amiss and you are out. Remember Atvidabergs and Basel ?
But overall these Euro teams are inferior to the EPL teams. Take away the English clubs, Real Madrid-Bayern and possibly PSG, they are inferior.
The fact that we came very close to the final last year with Potter-Lamps as managers proves it.
There has been a decline and as Hazard was the no 2 player in the world (admitting the short one was the no 1) he was pulling as through but now we go by intuition.

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We were rock solid defensively with Colwill Silva Disasi Gusto/Cucurella. 

Coincidently we started conceding tons of goals since James integration and Colwill losing LB spot for Cucurella. 

Like I said above, while I think we need to get James fit again, it was indeed a bit weird to start 2 players who are severely lacking match fitness in a game like this. It's easy now to look back in hindsight, but it was pretty obvious this match was going to be intense and physical.

5 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Not really related to lineup alone.

We started playing better opposition in the last 3 games with Spurs, City and Newcastle. 

Our lack of defensive organization is being more exposed. Especially in setpieces.

United and Everton must be delighted, knowing full well that our weakness is set pieces.   Wonder what the rate is for Maguire to score the winner against us

Ugochuchkwe is way way out of his depth in this league and why drop Disasi, Caceido, On the bench you also had Colwill, Maatsen, a very poorly selected team defensively as everyone is saying, Cucurella was once again exposed, we need to sell this player urgently plus a couple more. On the attacking side we said hope they have their shooting boots on which once again they did not have, we can forgive Sterling but Jackson, Palmer, Gallagher and Reece who fancies himself as a dead ball expert were all very poor when it came to shots at goal. As stated we had a whole bunch of subs who are better equipped than those that started, I’m starting to worry about Potchetino but then again there’s noone else really available.

11 hours ago, Vytis33 said:

So everything is ok then. As if we won’t see anymore Newcastle esq performances this season. Brother is gaslighting. 

Been a liability all season but these half arse unprepared performances stem from the top. 

Ted Lasso gutted our indentity for this  Salzburg module with kids from around the world .

From CL winner , FIFA World Cup winner to  mid table  club  . 1bn and our only top players are Silva , James and Sterling everything else is unproven. With the departure of Emma Hayes, this is our last world-class asset. These yankies  suicide this club with this kindergarten module . 

That's why they dont want Tuchel, Nagelsman , Luis Enrique they want development managers like Potter and Pochettino .  That`s why Vivell   quit this circus. 

Edited by milka

15 hours ago, milka said:

Ted Lasso gutted our indentity for this  Salzburg module with kids from around the world .

From CL winner , FIFA World Cup winner to  mid table  club  . 1bn and our only top players are Silva , James and Sterling everything else is unproven. With the departure of Emma Hayes, this is our last world-class asset. These yankies  suicide this club with this kindergarten module . 

That's why they dont want Tuchel, Nagelsman , Luis Enrique they want development managers like Potter and Pochettino .  That`s why Vivell   quit this circus. 

The funny thing is, Poch is actually a good fit for this current side.  

It was always going to be a huge challenge this season but the one positive is that we've gotten most of the deadwood out of the first team squad.  

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

The funny thing is, Poch is actually a good fit for this current side.  

It was always going to be a huge challenge this season but the one positive is that we've gotten most of the deadwood out of the first team squad.  

In all honesty, for me me, we have spent £1bn and actually gotten worse. I know you didn’t say better but the likes of Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante are arguably all better players than Caicedo (Kante & Kovacic definitely were anyway), Lavia, Santos, Ugochukwu and (although vastly improved) Gallagher.

Mudryk, Noni, Sanchez & Disasi are probably equal to or worse than what we had before also.

Yes Mount and Havertz weren’t popular and Cole Palmers success so far has proved we were right to sell them but the squad is hardly any better. Younger yes. Some deadwood shifted yes. But there is no way this squad is better, not a fucking chance in hell.

Aaaand we lose again to the Geordies at SJP there's a fucking suprise.

Absolute dog shit of a performance again- Silva fuck me what the fuck was he doing. 

We can't handle red hot atmospheres like that and a team that go at you, simply cannot. Goals all complete school boy shit

48 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

In all honesty, for me me, we have spent £1bn and actually gotten worse. I know you didn’t say better but the likes of Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante are arguably all better players than Caicedo (Kante & Kovacic definitely were anyway), Lavia, Santos, Ugochukwu and (although vastly improved) Gallagher.

Mudryk, Noni, Sanchez & Disasi are probably equal to or worse than what we had before also.

Yes Mount and Havertz weren’t popular and Cole Palmers success so far has proved we were right to sell them but the squad is hardly any better. Younger yes. Some deadwood shifted yes. But there is no way this squad is better, not a fucking chance in hell.

I think the squad will look a lot better once nkunku and lavia are in tbf 

Definitely need to look at playing maatsen and petrovic over cucarella and Sanchez , both are destroying our defence 

chilwell is probably washed at this point, sell him and cucu, get another lb to fight with maatsen 

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I agree with what you're saying but it was always going to be very very difficult to replace 3 top class mids in such a short period of time.  

I think between Enzo - Caicedo and Lavia (once he's fit), we should have a decent base in midfield and Nkunku should definitely help the likes of Sterling/Palmer once he's fully fit.  We still lack a clinical finisher up front and that will cost us a lot of points.  Just look at us and United, you can't tell me that they've been playing amazing football this season, the only difference is, their attackers have been able to finish those 50-50 chances and they've taken the 3 points. 

The question will be: what to do with Mudryk, Madueke, Cucurella and some of the other players in the squad as they are nowhere near consistent enough to be playing for a side that should be (at the very least) around the top 6 of the league.