Newcastle 4-1 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

5 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Yep, it's par for the course. The way we broke down after 2-1 was a bit hilarious, but that's the kind of side we are atm.

The side that was assembled at the start of the season. With little experience and game management skills.

We are good to watch when on song, but this side can easily fall apart. This won't be the last embarrassing match this season. That's a guarantee.

The sooner the fans accept this., the less heartache there will be.

8th is still the target for this season. And maybe a push for Europa if Nkunku returns fully fit and on form.

Not to make excuses cause it shouldn't be one but don't think the break helped..they found a short monteumn however its spelt and then came the break and back to playing how we were...

26 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Tbf..we scored and his score was  wrong.. underestimated our ability to defend

I think that is what the guy from espn mentioned. Why he was not excited with Chelsea 4-4 against man city is that we let in 4 goals despite drawing. 

Yes defense problem and coach keeps picking cucu and Sanchez. 

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

We are way way off top 4 but that was always expected this season especially given how the other teams up there have come out flying. Disappointing result.. bit of a mehh performance which has made it worse. Red card didn't help but already 3-1 down anyway

But hey ho...onto the next....

I didn't expect anything from this run of games so 4 points isn't bad..

Not really. You spend £1bn in 3 transfer windows on players and people tend to expect you to be in and around the top 4. Particularly given the hard on people had when we signed the likes of Enzo and Moises for nearly £230m combined. Dint even want to talk about Enzo’s level the last few matches. Him & Moises (although benched today) £100m+ MFers my arse. Long way to go for both albeit yes there is clearly talent there but enough for those prices? Hard to say.

If we had spent this under Roman for example in the same time period, on different players, do you think we would be in this position? We must be the worst team to spend that much money in quick succession in football history.

Embarrassing performance against an injury hit Newcastle.

Reece as captain also - said it in the summer prior to the appointment - not the right call. Why Thiago Silva wasn’t made captain is beyond me. Forget the mistakes TS made/has made today. Not it matters too much but just sums up where we are at the moment. Not enough leaders, not high enough standards, no real experience to deal with things when things go wrong. Which directly results from lets buy every u23 player in the world and get rid of nearly every experienced player we have….. Thank you Boehly, Stewart and Winstanley. Project 2030 is looking good….

Edited by OneMoSalah

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not really. You spend £1bn in 3 transfer windows on players and people tend to expect you to be in and around the top 4. Particularly given the hard on people had when we signed the likes of Enzo and Moises for nearly £230m combined. Dint even want to talk about Enzo’s level the last few matches. Him & Moises (although benched today) £100m+ MFers my arse.

If we had spent this under Roman for example in the same time period, on different players, do you think we would be in this position? We must be the worst team to spend that much money in quick succession in football history.

Reece as captain also - said it in the summer prior to the appointment - not the right call. Why Thiago Silva wasn’t made captain is beyond me. Forget the mistakes TS made/has made today. Not it matters too much but just sums up where we are at the moment. Not enough leaders, not high enough standards, no real experience to deal with things when things go wrong. Which directly results from lets buy every u23 player in the world and get rid of nearly every experienced player we have….. Thank you Boehly, Stewart and Winstanley. Project 2030 is looking good….

Because of all those reasons that's why was expected. We've just brought players willy nilly..seems little thought into who and why we've brought them just we have cause they may have had a good performance a few times..or seem expensive so must be good who knows the game plan. But there hasn't been one. Spending money doesn't make a good team! We don't have the performance or players to compete with other teams consistently atm and be up there where we should be. That's why feel we're where we should be..money aside.. performance level...is crap! Okay we did well against City and Spurs but no good doing it now and again.

Start of season when media and pundits did predictions here and there not one said we'd be top 4. Maybe top 6...but not top 4

And like say leadership..that isn't there 

Edited by Laylabelle

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not really. You spend £1bn in 3 transfer windows on players and people tend to expect you to be in and around the top 4. Particularly given the hard on people had when we signed the likes of Enzo and Moises for nearly £230m combined. Dint even want to talk about Enzo’s level the last few matches. Him & Moises (although benched today) £100m+ MFers my arse. Long way to go for both albeit yes there is clearly talent there but enough for those prices? Hard to say.

I only hope that this was the expectation from the board going into the season.

I.e. that a 1 billion spend on largely unproven players and moving out experienced squad members, was a calculated move with the understanding that there might be a short term hit to the teams on field performances. 

All the noise coming from the players camp, such as Enzo, indicate as such. i.e. the players were told its a long term project.

But whether this actually meant spending time out of top 6 and outside Europe, is another matter. 

If they actually had high expectations after this ludicrous spending, then I would really fear for the club under this admin.

That's what would put us in trouble with FFP. Not the allegations about past transactions under Roman.

12 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I only hope that this was the expectation from the board going into the season.

I.e. that a 1 billion spend on largely unproven players and moving out experienced squad members, was a calculated move with the understanding that there might be a short term hit to the teams on field performances. 

All the noise coming from the players camp, such as Enzo, indicate as such. i.e. the players were told its a long term project.

But whether this actually meant spending time out of top 6 and outside Europe, is another matter. 

If they actually had high expectations after this ludicrous spending, then I would really fear for the club under this admin.

That's what would put us in trouble with FFP. Not the allegations about past transactions under Roman.

We cannot afford to spend too much time outside of European competition. Simple as that. Sporting wise or financially.

Players will up sticks and move if we aren’t in European competition regularly thats the harsh reality of it. And our £1bn spend utilising amortisation will inevitably not be as well off if we don’t have this money coming in also.

Before with Roman, the lack of Europe was not an issue as the players, managers & fans always knew we would be back in and about sooner than later. Because that regime demanded it.

With this mob, who knows? I have no idea what we are gearing up for, every time I hear or read project/the 2030 thing I almost cringe because its as if we are already making excuses and know we are a million miles off it. You cannot spend £1bn in 3 windows and then turn around and say we need 3 or 4 years to compete for the top 4, never mind win any trophies. It is simply unfeasible. I mean if we need to spend £1bn to simply become a top 6 team then we have done something wrong. Be it approach, the players we’ve signed etc…. Just wrong.

Been saying it for ages. The recruitment has been poor. Since day 1 of Boehly’s ownership. How much more money are these clowns Winstanley & Stewart going to waste? On players that won’t improve us right now as well as in the future? Arguably we need a total reset again in those positions. They’d be the first 2 I’d hold accountable. Things people have been saying for years such as we need a top GK, we need a top CB, we need a top CF, all 3 ready made to go, they neglectfully didn’t get any of them for whatever reason. Instead we got about 4 MF players all of the same profile. All of a similar age group. In the space of 2 windows. Lavia, Santos, Ugo? Why? Thats nearly £100m. And 2/3 of them will not have a long term career here more than likely because Enzo & Moises will be kept as they cost more than £100m and are ‘highly rated’ within the club. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

10 minutes ago, lucio said:

Club is done , imagine thinking we’d “turned a corner” after drawing our last game at home , conceding 4 in the process 

The type of mistakes we made v City defensively we also made today. And at Arsenal. And Brentford etc. Far too easy.

Also I am slightly concerned with the playing style. We only really create opportunities from counter attacking and mistakes. In possession trying to break teams down we are still quite pitiful to watch still unless Cole or Raheem beay players 1 v 1.

What is the playing style? We are almost 6 months in and bar counter attacking, its not exactly clear to me what we are trying to do.

Everyone says about Poch and the high pressing and fitness levels from Southampton and Spurs but it doesn’t look like thats really settled in yet either.

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

The type of mistakes we made v City defensively we also made today. And at Arsenal. And Brentford etc. Far too easy.

Also I am slightly concerned with the playing style. We only really create opportunities from counter attacking and mistakes. In possession trying to break teams down we are still quite pitiful to watch still unless Cole or Raheem beay players 1 v 1.

What is the playing style? We are almost 6 months in and bar counter attacking, its not exactly clear to me what we are trying to do.

Everyone says about Poch and the high pressing and fitness levels from Southampton and Spurs but it doesn’t look like thats really settled in yet either.

You’re right , I can’t see anything that defines who we are as a team , other than a bunch of young players thrown out there 

1 hour ago, lucio said:

Club is done , imagine thinking we’d “turned a corner” after drawing our last game at home , conceding 4 in the process 

Tbf I thought we'd lose without scoring 4...

There is no point getting points from those games then having stupid moments in these. Don't expect much from Man U or even Everton tbh...you can't look at fixtures and think ooo have a chance there cause we don't seem to

Nothing new here tbh. There isn't enough quality on the pitch to fight for top four. Team struggled for the entire match: could not control the ball well enough, and players got bullied at times. They were just so much better!

The team rise to the occasion when facing strong opposition, but you simply can't do that for the entire season. Aside from Sterling, there isn't another reliable (as in ready) attacking player in the squad. Pretty crazy when we consider the amount spent.

Regarding James, that is normal. A returning player has a cost, but it's one we need to pay to get him fit again.

3 hours ago, lucio said:

Nothing goes really well since Hazard left.
We won a CL but in retrospect this was one match, the one against City. The others were inferior and we did n't get to play Bayern.
Because look how last year we nearly made it again in the CL with Potter and Lampard and Real were lucky to eliminate us.
EPL is the hard competition and we are looking at the top teams with binos.
Maybe this year we are so far marginally better than last year, but this is a performence for Wolves-Everton-West Ham. Not for Chelsea.

20 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Nothing goes really well since Hazard left.
We won a CL but in retrospect this was one match, the one against City. The others were inferior and we did n't get to play Bayern.
Because look how last year we nearly made it again in the CL with Potter and Lampard and Real were lucky to eliminate us.
EPL is the hard competition and we are looking at the top teams with binos.
Maybe this year we are so far marginally better than last year, but this is a performence for Wolves-Everton-West Ham. Not for Chelsea.

we can not say "nothing goes well" and not talk about UCl, that is the most important in club terms 

we were a very good side, but not excellent side since conte title and that was with hazard

2017 transfer market still hunt us and we made some mistakes but at least we were top4 side 

since RA sold the club, we are a mid table side, that is a lot worst 

Edited by Mário César