Fulham 0-2 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

Craven Cottage, Monday night, doesn't sound good.

No Jackson and Chilly, but I'm sure there will be Connor and Caicedo in midfield and Enzo as number 10.  They have Willian and Pereira, I don't know which one would be more annoying to concede from. 

No good feelings about this.

3 hours ago, whats happening said:

no more f9 please

Might be our best option tbh. Would obviously rather have a real 9 that is PL ready but I don't think we do with NJ out. 

If we do start with a false 9 it’ll surely be Sterling up top. I would go with Sterling flanked by Mudryk and Palmer and then have Gallagher just behind them as the advanced CM rather than Enzo so that we have more aggression and energy in our press. Move Enzo deeper next to Caicedo where he can actually dictate the tempo and spray creative passes. We can try the “Enzo as a #10” experiment once Lavia is fit and up to speed. But for now it’s stupid. Play Gallagher where he’s more comfortable and play Enzo where he’s more comfortable.

Anyways, we 100% have to win this by any means necessary. Have to start putting wins on the board. I expect Fulham to come out super aggressively to try to rattle us knowing that our team is shocking once we go behind. So it’s extremely important that we match their intensity.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

If we do start with a false 9 it’ll surely be Sterling up top. I would go with Sterling flanked by Mudryk and Palmer and then have Gallagher just behind them as the advanced CM rather than Enzo so that we have more aggression and energy in our press. Move Enzo deeper next to Caicedo where he can actually dictate the tempo and spray creative passes. We can try the “Enzo as a #10” experiment once Lavia is fit and up to speed. But for now it’s stupid. Play Gallagher where he’s more comfortable and play Enzo where he’s more comfortable.

Anyways, we 100% have to win this by any means necessary. Have to start putting wins on the board. I expect Fulham to come out super aggressively to try to rattle us knowing that our team is shocking once we go behind. So it’s extremely important that we match their intensity.

think that's how it's going to be w/ Sterling and Palmer, but I suspect they will insist with Enzo as number 10 unfortunately. We miss him playing deeper. 😕 
Honestly even Gallagher looks better than Enzo when closer to the opposition box.

I'd say if a win isn't possible, do not loose tho. Even if we have a bad game, need to show competitiveness and grind points here and there.

Fulham has been doing well, but it's early so it means little at this point.

They do have good players in a few positions, and players which can cause of problems.

My concern with our overly young side is always on the competitiveness against more senior/experienced players (esp away games).