Chelsea 0-1 Aston Villa

James

4 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

How many true Chelsea FC Supporters are there in this forum? 

I find it really funny that it's "okay" to attack other supporters because they've become fed up of watching absolute crap being served up by the players week after week for the past few seasons and these types of posts tend to get the most likes but when fans actually put their opinion out there about just how much the club has changed and the fact that we are very likely to end mid-table or worse this season, no one seems to care. 

Sometimes time zones and other factors in your life affect whether you're able to tune in and watch the game live but that doesn't mean that the fans should be labelled as glory hunters.  

How many there are is not the question!

It's about those who only want to watch Chelsea when the weather is fine, ie when we're playing well and winning games.

It's about suffering with CFC as it is atm, not running scared and going elsewhere, i'm a child of the 70's and before... bouncing about between Div1 and Div2 and almost Div3.

I'm still around and that didn't deter me, and it shouldn't with any true supporter.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We actually have similar expected goals as Spurs. But look where they are and where are we. 

What this table doesn't say, is the quality of teams we and others have faced.

We've also had one of the easiest run-ins of any other PL team., in the first 6 games.

42 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

How many there are is not the question!

It's about those who only want to watch Chelsea when the weather is fine, ie when we're playing well and winning games.

It's about suffering with CFC as it is atm, not running scared and going elsewhere, i'm a child of the 70's and before... bouncing about between Div1 and Div2 and almost Div3.

I'm still around and that didn't deter me, and it shouldn't with any true supporter.

Well..., I guess you could say that at least the people who are still posting here now are true supporters. Else we wouldn't be here complaining 😄

10 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

What this table doesn't say, is the quality of teams we and others have faced.

We've also had one of the easiest run-ins of any other PL team., in the first 6 games.

Pool, WH and AV are all top7. NF is mid table. And they should have something from United game as well.

We were crap in the late 70s and early eighties the difference being the club was skint, Bates bought the club for a £1. We had a massive away support, all the songs and chants were ironic and had humour attached. Now we spend billions, and are crap again, and Clearlake are so tight that they curtailed the subsidised away support. Reasons to be angry.

Reasons to be cheerful ? Things can only get better ...or relegation fight looming

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

We actually have similar expected goals as Spurs. But look where they are and where are we. 

the fact that we are massively underperforming our xG is neither a surprise nor a coincidence/indication that we are unlucky. If someone only looked at these stats in isolation without watching the games and considering the overall squad structure and club atmosphere then yes, unlucky would be the conclusion . But there is obviously an inherent reason. It does not even matter against whom we are creating and missing chances. Our player consistently choke because they are devoid of confidence and grit, no one is willing or able to take responsibility. clearly most are not in a settled enough state of mind to be performing at a high level in front of goal. Most of our players are young weak minds ofc but the overall situation they find themselves in is catastrophic. Until we see competent leadership on the pitch, the sideline and the directors box we will continue to see these kinds of results. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

the fact that we are massively underperforming our xG is neither a surprise nor a coincidence/indication that we are unlucky. If someone only looked at these stats in isolation without watching the games and considering the overall squad structure and club atmosphere then yes, unlucky would be the conclusion . But there is obviously an inherent reason. It does not even matter against whom we are creating and missing chances. Our player consistently choke because they are devoid of confidence and grit, no one is willing or able to take responsibility. clearly most are not in a settled enough state of mind to be performing at a high level in front of goal. Most of our players are young weak minds ofc but the overall situation they find themselves in is catastrophic. Until we see competent leadership on the pitch, the sideline and the directors box we will continue to see these kinds of results. 

Out of the CM trio, or triangle if one prefers to say Enzo plays forward, who among them can score? Enzo cannot even shoot on goal.
So, say Poch would want to get a more attacking-minded mid (starting or as a sub), would would that be? I mean without employing another kid and out of position? (e.g. Palmer)
Maybe Carney when he's back, which would make us rely on a 19yo in the PL.

You just can't make this shit up.

On 25/09/2023 at 11:49, Fulham Broadway said:

We've played 29 Premier League games in 2023 and we've won.........5 of them.  And the five are Luton, Bournemouth, Leicester, Leeds and Palace.  Shocking, truly shocking. 

staggering fall

😓