Chelsea 0-1 Nottm Forest

ZAPHOD2319

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We always have a manager that thinks they are a tactico with these fucking lopsided lineups/tactics. Just keep it simple for fucks sake, that is all we are asking. Use the players at your disposal and please start solving the goal scoring issue by not fielding more defenders. 

Exactly how complicated is it, to understand that to score goals you need numbers in the box and have the right personal to create and shoot in the final end. I do not want Enzo at the end to be shooting or Chilwill. 

18 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Exactly how complicated is it, to understand that to score goals you need numbers in the box and have the right personal to create and shoot in the final end. I do not want Enzo at the end to be shooting or Chilwill. 

Enzo's shooting has been weak - take nothing away from his midfield play which has been unreal, even his goal against wimbledon kinda trickled into the net.. chilly looks afraid to shoot - indecisive at best but as a senior player and VC needs to show more leadership.. gallagher for me at the min looks like our best option for picking up the shots running into the box.. that said we dont have a proper no.9 that is constantly pushing opposition CB's deep to create space running in - jackson is out of position too much in that sense, the loan striker needs to be occupying the CB's in every formation weve played if goals are going to come from elsewhere.. it really takes an experienced, prolific striker to play the way potch is trying to play or it cant work...

Caught up on the match now and I have to say talk about one step forward four back, I cannot see any positive other than some decent link up play here and there.

I also do not understand this three at the back lark, Chilly actually performs worse. 

Caicedo is has been absolutely shocking and I genuinely hope it’s a lack of fitness and crap preseason. Doesn’t have the all round combative style that he was known for at Brighton at all, lazy lax passes.

41 minutes ago, Mário César said:

jesus christ

we can not sign a single player above 25 years of age?

wtf is going on?

But apparently, the manager is to blame for the young inexperienced squad. Smh.

Edit: I don't really believe the club had an agenda against older players, else we wouldn't have Nkunku.

But this transfer window in particular has been all about chasing the next big thing. I just hope these new incomings aren't here to just use Chelsea as a stepping stone to for a bigger payday. 

We need players to who want and know how to compete.

Edited by Blue Armour

• xG City 2.00 - scored 5
  • xG Spurs 2.40 - scored 5
  • xG Brighton 1.32 - scored 3
  • xG Chelsea 2.28 - scored 0

We have the same xG than City in this season so far - they scored more than double the amount of goals. 

Same old. Since Costa and Hazard left us, we lack offensive efficiency a lot. 

16 hours ago, Mário César said:

jesus christ

we can not sign a single player above 25 years of age?

wtf is going on?

I have little problem with is at all

let's look at my dream wants ages from the last two windows 

by position

(not listing pipedreams who are also under 26: Mbappe (24), Håland (23), Vini Jr (23), Bukayo Saka (21), Phil Foden (23), Pedri (20), Donnarumma (23), William Saliba (22), Bastoni (24), Rodrygo (20), Martin Ødegaard (24), or Martinelli (22))

ALL of these are 25 or under (and lower down in my 'too old' list you will see that only SEVEN non GKers are over 26. and of those 7, only Skriniar was actually possible)

Diogo Costa    
Goalkeeper

Giorgi Mamardashvili   
Goalkeeper

Josko Gvardiol   
Centre-Back

Ronald Araújo
Centre-Back

António Silva
Centre-Back

Alphonso Davies
Left-Back

Nuno Mendes
Left-Back

Theo Hernández  
Left-Back

Achraf Hakimi
Right-Back

Jeremie Frimpong   
Right-Back

Aurélien Tchouaméni
Defensive Midfield

Bruno Guimarães   
Defensive Midfield

Manuel Ugarte
Defensive Midfield

Jude Bellingham
Central Midfield

Federico Valverde
Central Midfield

Gavi  
Central Midfield

Eduardo Camavinga  
Central Midfield

Jamal Musiala 
Attacking Midfield

Florian Wirtz   (IF healthy) 
Attacking Midfield

Xavi Simons 
Attacking Midfield

Rafael Leão
Left Winger

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia
Left Winger

Federico Chiesa  (if healthy)
Left Winger

Moussa Diaby  
Right Winger

João Félix  
Second Striker

Victor Osimhen  
Centre-Forward

Randal Kolo Muani   
Centre-Forward

Julián Álvarez   
Centre-Forward

Dusan Vlahovic   
Centre-Forward

The only 26yo or older players I rated to buy (very few and many are impossible, and FIVE are GKers and many (8) are 26yo, so missed it by months)

no 30yo and up non GKers (only Kane, De Bruyne, and Salah are excluded, guck Neymar, I never wanted him once he left Barca, he was a pipedream and is poison)

only 15 non GKers and of those 15, EIGHT are 26yo

bold are the only 27yo and up who are non GKers, and only one of those 7 (Skriniar), was actually available

Thibaut Courtois   
Goalkeeper

Ederson
Goalkeeper

Jan Oblak    
Goalkeeper

Alisson   
Goalkeeper

Mike Maignan 
Goalkeeper

Rúben Dias   
Centre-Back

Marquinhos  
Centre-Back

Milan Skriniar   
Centre-Back

Rodri    
Defensive Midfield

Joshua Kimmich    
Defensive Midfield

Frenkie de Jong   
Central Midfield

Nicolò Barella  
Central Midfield

Lucas Paquetá   
Attacking Midfield

James Maddison   
Attacking Midfield

Luis Díaz  
Left Winger

Kingsley Coman   
Left Winger

Leroy Sané  
Right Winger

Ousmane Dembélé  
Right Winger

Serge Gnabry  
Right Winger

Lautaro Martínez    
Centre-Forward

Edited by Vesper

46 minutes ago, Gundalf said:
  • xG City 2.00 - scored 5
  • xG Spurs 2.40 - scored 5
  • xG Brighton 1.32 - scored 3
  • xG Chelsea 2.28 - scored 0

We have the same xG than City in this season so far - they scored more than double the amount of goals. 

Same old. Since Costa and Hazard left us, we lack offensive efficiency a lot. 

City are just a machine at this point, they had cheat codes all over the pitch and they managed to get the cherry on top as well with finishers like Haaland, Alvarez and co. 

It is borderline pathetic when our attack can't score a goal at home in front of our fans.  Forest were good against both Arsenal and United but their attack stepped up when required....that's the biggest difference between where we are right now (outside the top 6) and the top 4 teams.

Saka, Bruno, Rashford are all game changers in the final third.  Where is our game changer in the front 3?    Who's going to step up and actually get the team across the line against a low block?  

We'll be lucky to get 8th place this season with the lack of attacking output. 

Stats suggest Jackson wasn't that clinical in front of the goal--he wasn't... quite disappointing performance. Like I said earlier, it's far more important to me that he can intercept a pass into the box, than drop deep to make a nice runs--let others do that.

Eyeballs suggest we did not create nearly enough against an opposition we should be beating comfortably. We managed to pin them in their own half a few times during the match, but never had the control of the match. Not good enough.

Everything plays a part. Ignoring teamwork, 9+ other players, and focusing on whether 1 or 2 players can kick the ball just right is maddening to me. 😄

I'm not disregarding top quality in front of the goal, but only really a few clubs have that... and certainly not our opposition today.

To be clear I've been saying we lack quality (in numbers) in attack for a while and that our subs for the wings and striker are either too young, not good enough, or both.

Edited by robsblubot

funny how were always up early on motd when we loose, that spurs twat liniker seemed so smug talking about it too.. last week we won 3 - 0 and we had a short snip 2nd last shown - this week, when we lost, our 0-1 home defeat was played ahead of 4 and 5 goal games.. aul shit the pitch must edit motd as well as present it...

29 minutes ago, Mário César said:

our club as a top club ended with the sanctions

Chelsea has been ruined by bohly ideas 

Or is it ?
Certainly we are -again- in a tight spot but there is more to it.

Ask first what makes teams fall from grace ?
There are three possible causes:

1) Sellout, all the good players are sold.
This happens with teams-firework. They shine for one-two years, can't stand the economic pressure, prefer to sell out.
2) Aging players and a clueless board don't go to the market to find replacements.
3) Can't maintain the budget, accept their fate is to slide downwards (like case 1. but less rapid).

But none of the above is true of Chelsea football club in 2023.
So what ?

I can't accept it is entirely the fault of either Thomas Tuchel, or Graham Potter, or even Frank Lampard.
It is n't the fault of Poch either.
Certainly not to the extent of the total of disastrous results we 've had.

We have to look inside the team.
I don't like it we gave away a goal to Forest yesterday, same as I did n't like it against Southampton late last season.
But those used to be acceptable casualties in battle.
More often than not we would easily come back.

It looks like we have nothing up front and Jackson is not the wonder medicine.
May prove useful but he is not the wonder drug.
For Mudryk I have already stated my case (should be allowed to stay under brexit rules, profession pizza).
Nkunku was a Bundesliga star. But he's currently out.
It was Olivier Giroud the last one who could pull things out of the fire. After him nothing.
Yesterday's attack formation was a 100% Potter team.

Edited by cosmicway

3 hours ago, TheHulk said:

A shame Disasi escaped.

Silva has been a lethargy on the teams intensity. He really sets the tempo with his play, but most aren't commenting on it. I'm starting to see it more and more on twitter - which leads me to believe I'm not crazy. 

Our team plays slow, and a large part of it is Silva. It isn't all him, but I see it a lot as far as building from the back. This team is young, and wants to run. Just like Ibra crutched Man United, despite being individually good, he is slowing us down as a team.