Chelsea 0-1 Nottm Forest

ZAPHOD2319

Mauricio Pochettino on boos at Stamford Bridge early in his reign: "You can understand the people that came from the past and want to see the team to win and play well. We are not playing fantastic but I think the performance is not bad." [via @scott_trotter]

You are right poch, preformance was not just bad, it was very very very bad! you playes against f***** forest at home, not against city at the etihad. 

41 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

That’s is some seriously speculative business plan tho. We don’t buy assets that are value for money. We buy them at huge premiums and their market value will go to 0 if we continue this trajectory. 

Our owners have made their name in tech booms. This business plan is clearly blitzscaling. Spend an enormous amount right away in the hope revenue rises and prioritise growth above all else. They have no frame of reference for investment failure and consequently have an enduring assumption that the market will always return a profit. They're looking for speed for growth and market share. Year after year the club will return a loss and the club will be stricken with financial punishments, yet all will be worth it in 10 years because they've forecasted an enormous return in profit with the growth the club has endured value wise. The only way it doesn't work is if the Premier League and UEFA continue to tighten their regulations. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Not very worried about the Defense. Both West Ham and today did not show up systemic defensive issues. It showed our lack of an attacking plan 

I'm worried about all areas of the pitch same as last year.

A good run/pass form the back can often be the difference in pulling a defender out of position which can help your attacking players to find space.

We are slow and pedestrian in all areas of the pitch. While I wish we would drop the 3cb system at some point, this aint it. The team is not good enough both on paper and on the pitch... simple as. Manager does not have the players to compete at this level... he needs some players back from injury and a bit of luck to build a competitive team at this point.

Caicedo is playing exactly as I expected him to play considering his age and where he came from. He will need quite some time to settle, and only then will we have a glimpse of what we will get from him, IMO.

Jackson did not have a great game either.. It happens. That miss after Sterling assist was something else.

Edited by robsblubot

I can't explain how embarrassed I am to be supporting this club today.

My only compensation is that there are millions of others that feel the same way I do.

Fucking furious with Potchs starting line up. It's a disgrace 

Just now, Clockwork said:

If Poch doesn't think his attacking option is not good that is his problem, clearly he is being backed to get what he wants. 

I don't know: it's usually a bit more complicated than that IMO. I can hardly believe he wanted to face the PL with a U23 team.

IMO Chilwell is better than Mudryk in every aspect of the game. I can't speak to whether Mudryk will become employable in time, but right now I can't blame the manager for selecting the far better player available.

6 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

2 shots on target.

O work for Turner today.

83rd minute: Sterling makes a great run on the right and lays it back to Jackson who sends it well over the crossbar from close range.

He seems to have the quality, but is currently lacking a bit of composure. What's the option to add "composure" Palmer? If we consider PL one the top leagues in the word, perhaps the very best, then we have to assume that composure can indeed play a part in all areas of the pitch.

8 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

If Poch doesn't think his attacking option is not good that is his problem, clearly he is being backed to get what he wants. 

To an extent. He was quite vocal publicly, that is quite high on corporate escalation ladder, about wanting some experienced players in the mix and he haven't gotten shit. I can't say I'm 100% convinced with any of our transfers, but while I hope for Jackson or Caicedo, who is terrible atm, to turn out good, I feel like Mudryk, Noni and Sanchez are quite sketchy moves that will burn us if they won't magically step up, and won't do it fast