25. Moisés Caicedo

James

I hope he has the personality to not let his price tag affect him negatively if he doesn’t have the greatest start here. Thats one of the two major concerns I have, that and if he does a Cucurella. 

I mean hopefully neither of these are issues and he hits the ground running but its a big big big price tag for a 21 y/o who really has only got 12-18 months of high level of football under his belt.

If he hits the ground running we are in for a potentially delightful long term partnership between him and Enzo though I reckon but it’ll need some work too. Both really can do a bit of everything to a certain degree so it will be interesting to see if we stick with a 2 or play a 3 or whatever (depends on Lavia/Santos as well I suppose) and how we utilise both their strengths.

I don’t necessarily think Moises is a 6 although he did play there for de Zebri at times but at the same time pinning him in a more disciplined role, you lose some of the he can bring in transition and in high pressing situations, similarly to Kante when folk were adamant that he was a holding midfielder and should of been playing as the pivot in our MF 3 instead of Jorginho.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Bad start but can’t get any worse. Only way is up. I’d imagine once he gets a bit sharper and integrated with the group he will be much better. Big pressure though if he doesn’t considering his price tag.

Edited by OneMoSalah

His disaster debut may be be nerves and lack of composure as a super young player first time at an elite club.

He looked way too relaxed, as in trying too hard to appear relaxed, which was exactly the opposite of what we needed today against WHU. We needed a Kante type fighting and winning the ball in all areas. He was actually much worse than Gallagher today, who wasn't that good either.

• 3 weeks later...

I know a lot of people will point to mistakes so far, as these are amplified in losses, but I've been impressed. 

When he gets the ball and turns, he makes things happen for us and makes us look dangerous. Looks like he is still playing in to his best form, but he has pleasantly surprised me with how good he is on the ball and also whipping passes around. 

10 hours ago, Fernando said:

Will only get better if he don't have Gallagher in the mid?

Lavia I guess is so out of form and not ready till mid September? 

Gallaher pounding out 3200, 3500 minutes (we have no Europe to kick him up to the 4000 level) will be disastrous if it happens.

He is a massive weak link.

Gutted we did not sell him, Trevoh (asking £50m for him from AC Milan Bayern was MADNESS), and CuCu (still hoping the Saudis buy CuCu).

Edited by Vesper