West Ham 3-1 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

The only way WH were going to score in general play today was Ward-Prowse set pieces or Antonio throwing himself about like a manic. And of course that’s exactly what happened.

But we still dominated and should’ve been out of sight in that first half. Then we took our foot totally off the gas second half.

We get lucky to play against 10 men for 30 minutes and then somehow looked WORSE. 

Just now, LAM09 said:

All I can think about is the PK. If you fail to take such chances, you can't complain about the outcome.

We HAVE to buy a proven goalscorer before the window shuts.

Changes the game for sure. Think we would have found a way to win if he had confidently put it in.

I don’t blame Enzo tho he did the right thing volunteering and stepping up to take it but the manager and captain have to make sure that the right player not the one with the biggest ego end up taking the penalties. 

Appalling second half - boring to a neutral spectator.
West Ham were going to park the bus in any case and the first ten minutes of sloppiness gave Antonio the second goal.
Mudryk can stay in west London if he wants to sell pizza.

Just now, Mhsc said:

Changes the game for sure. Think we would have found a way to win if he had confidently put it in.

I don’t blame Enzo tho he did the right thing volunteering and stepping up to take it but the manager and captain have to make sure that the right player not the one with the biggest ego end up taking the penalties. 

I'm sure we'll find out after the game. If Poch actually has him as first choice, the blame lies with him.

Just now, Mhsc said:

Nkunku injury has changed everything. We were a deadly attacking outfit with him. Impotent without. 

Shouldn't be the only reason. Mahrez left and Palmer came right in and under right coaching is thriving. 

Its honestly ridiculous and I'm really fed up. All the optimism from preseason gone because Poch wants to follow in his predecessors with safe/pragmatic football which makes our attack completely obsolete. 

Fuck off. 

Just now, Mhsc said:

Nkunku injury has changed everything. We were a deadly attacking outfit with him. Impotent without. 

That's the main point.

Even when all of the focus was on Jackson looking amazing in preseason, Nkunku was quietly running the show and scored nearly every time he played.

Him getting hurt has derailed the season.

4 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Same old story..miss chances..lose Hppefully we can get a win next game otherwise going to be another long ole season 

It's Luton worst team in the league! Must be... 

Just now, Sir Mikel OBE said:

That's the main point.

Even when all of the focus was on Jackson looking amazing in preseason, Nkunku was quietly running the show and scored nearly every time he played.

Him getting hurt has derailed the season.

If we're depending on a player after 900m we're fucked.