Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

6 minutes ago, Mário César said:

I think we need to sell gallagher and get caicedo, probably lavia and at least one or two attacking players 

lets see what will happen 

I prefer to sell others first before Gallagher.

I don't like Carney, I'm not a fan of Sterling, and we still need to get rid of Lukaku, Zyech.  

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

CC is Carney.

Sterling came with reputation being one of the best wingers in the league. Especially for goals scoring. Full pre season and this game he is not even in dangerous situations. So if he cannot produce in final 3rd what is a point of him playing?

Mudryk has lots of potential, I am excited to see him on the pitch, we have seen not much yet, but as he also said he is on 20%. Naturally you would expect him to reach his potential which is very high from what we saw in Ukraine. To establish himself with Mbappe and Vini as top3 LW in the world. This is what some of us want from him. Sterling is on a decline for years now.

Without Nkunku we do not have reliable goalscorer. Biggest problem for this club for years now. Since Diego left. If Jackson continues to miss chances and wingers are our biggest worry in a team it will be a problem.

On RW especially we have no one good enough to start and no one to replace Nkunku behind striker so that position should be removed from formation until he is back.

Does he have lots of potential? maybe, but I'd not say showing quality in a league like Ukraine means a whole lot. I've seen a lot of lesser players do that. He's turning 23 next Jan, so he should be playing better for his age in my view.

honestly, I couldn't care less about his potential. We already have too many young players in the starting XI. We need players who can *help* these younger players develop right now! I'd be totally for giving Mudryk more minutes, but he simply does not seem employable atm. Perhaps that's why he's not getting minutes to begin with?

Don't you think he goes to the ground a little too easy for the PL?

Thought Sterling and James combinations on right hand side was brilliant at times - hopefully they can build on this and Sterling in particular I am expecting big things from him this season. 

Good first step. Showed plenty of fight which is the main thing for me because that was non existent last season. The goal we conceded was poor though. Sanchez also doesn’t give me confidence if I am honest. Hopefully he’s not going to be our number 1 but who knows if we will get another GK in if Kepa goes…

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Does he have lots of potential? maybe, but I'd not say showing quality in a league like Ukraine means a whole lot. I've seen a lot of lesser players do that. He's turning 23 next Jan, so he should be playing better for his age in my view.

honestly, I couldn't care less about his potential. We already have too many young players in the starting XI. We need players who can *help* these younger players develop right now! I'd be totally for giving Mudryk more minutes, but he simply does not seem employable atm. Perhaps that's why he's not getting minutes to begin with?

Don't you think he goes to the ground a little too easy for the PL?

Of all the mad transfers we recently had, Mudders is possibly the craziest. 100m for a kid from Ukrainian league with a handful of decent CL showings. There has to be some kind of deal with Ukraine government that the fee was paid in some kind of Abrams tank coupons. Superior , proven wingers like a Harvey Barnes or mousse diaby changed clubs for half that money and instantly made an impact. Mudryk is comparatively so immature, uncomposed and hectic. He is like an immensely talented 17 yo but he is already 22. He has very little time left to adjust to this league.

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Of all the mad transfers we recently had, Mudders is possibly the craziest. 100m for a kid from Ukrainian league with a handful of decent CL showings. There has to be some kind of deal with Ukraine government that the fee was paid in some kind of Abrams tank coupons. Superior , proven wingers like a Harvey Barnes or mousse diaby changed clubs for half that money and instantly made an impact. Mudryk is comparatively so immature, uncomposed and hectic. He is like an immensely talented 17 yo but he is already 22. He has very little time left to adjust to this league.

We paid 62m pounds for him. With add ones possibly 88m in the end. And if he reach these we not gonna regret it anyway.

In Ukraine - Greece - Romania ... the pace of football is slow.
So it turns out players who are legends over there cannot really make it in the premier.
There may have been exceptions but it's an old story and it is the case with Mudryk I 'm afraid.

Normally I would say the result is everything, but yesterday the performance meant more than the result. For the first time in a long while we moved the ball forward quickly, we gave our centre forward a chance by getting him the ball early and we chased and never let Liverpool settle.  At times we actually looked like a team !!! Best Premiership display for a long while — not the finished article but real reasons for Hope !!!

No DM is going to fix Liverpool based on yesterday, tactically Klopp looks like a dinosaur now with the progression that has happened in the last couple of years in the league in terms of the standards for tactics / strategy from managers, he is still trying to flog the same compact 4-3-3 he's played since forever with the only modernisation I could see was an attempt for Trent to play inverted. Salah's ridiculous level is the only thing holding the system (almost) together.

Was very noticeable how they could barely get their famous press going at all for most of the game, because strategically we made it almost impossible to do effectively.

I'm pleased with the way we played. One really standout change from Tuchel (I don't want to waste my time comparing Lampard and Potter) was our transition. The moment we picked the ball, we went on the offensive. That is key to breaking down a good team in modern football. Under Tuchel, we used to take a deep breath and allow the opposition to regroup, which used to push me to the brink of mental calamity. 

Transition is so important that if Tuchel doesn't address it, amongst his other deficits, he won't last this season at Bayern. 

25 minutes ago, Da Herbsman said:

I'm pleased with the way we played. One really standout change from Tuchel (I don't want to waste my time comparing Lampard and Potter) was our transition. The moment we picked the ball, we went on the offensive. That is key to breaking down a good team in modern football. Under Tuchel, we used to take a deep breath and allow the opposition to regroup, which used to push me to the brink of mental calamity. 

Transition is so important that if Tuchel doesn't address it, amongst his other deficits, he won't last this season at Bayern. 

Lampard used to do that, also Tuchel.
Yesterday we played well - like against Dortmund in Germany if we compare with recent Chelsea matches.
But just like then we could not find the net.

All things considered, we probably should have walked away from the match with all three points. 

Enzo was immense, and despite Gallagher's obvious flaws, he put in a good performance for the most part.