Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

If our starting pivot is Enzo and Gallagher we will get humped in midfield. Simple as that.

They have got good attack minded players in midfield with AMC and Szoboszlai so having two guys who aren’t the best defensively or positionally partnered up in there would be a big risk. And we don’t want them being given any opportunity to find the likes of Salah, Nunez or Diaz.

Although Bayern showed that Liverpool are still very much not as strong as they have been defensively.

Preseason is preseason also though be different matter competitively

Edited by OneMoSalah

50 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If our starting pivot is Enzo and Gallagher we will get humped in midfield. Simple as that.

They have got good attack minded players in midfield with AMC and Szoboszlai so having two guys who aren’t the best defensively or positionally partnered up in there would be a big risk. And we don’t want them being given any opportunity to find the likes of Salah, Nunez or Diaz.

Although Bayern showed that Liverpool are still very much not as strong as they have been defensively.

Liverpool will either have Jones or Bajatic at DM. Liverpool completely shit themselves with one direct ball against their backline. 

Need to play a very direct game against Liverpool and be clinical when it matters. Hoping the latter becomes a reality for a change. 

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I partially agree. We don't even know yet how the attacking players press (or not). We don't know how overwhelmed the CMs would be with the current players. I know Sterling once did a good job pressing, and tbh I thought his energy was good yesterday against Dortmund, but we need to see the same when it matters, and from all attacking players; especially when the opposition is body checking in competitive matches.

We will find out very soon tho.

Edited by robsblubot

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We don't even need to control the midfield against this Liverpool team. Quick, direct passes to the wings from build up will genuinely shit themselves. 

not sure if that's what you referred to, but pressing  is not only required when defending with a high line and keeping possession. Regardless where you defend, it's a numbers game. If you don't have enough players involved in defending, the opposition will eventually overwhelm certain areas of your team.

That's the part we don't get to test in friendlies, unfortunately.

Edited by robsblubot

that looks about right--as to the most likely starting XI, but I think perhaps Mudryk as CAM? I don't like Mudryk as I've said before, but his passing (esp thruballs) is good. Perhaps that's the place for him.

Not sure about the pecking order in CB.

Either way, it's not that strong a team I'm afraid. 😕 

Oh ffs our most important, marquee signing missing the first few weeks of the season ofc. Fkin ed Sheeran fans and those yanks who decided to have the concert and game on the same pitch. Luckily Nkubku has always been able to come back strongly from injuries. 

At least it makes the selection straightforward.