Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

What's the negativity all about? Tons of debutants (infact January buys can be regarded as 'veterans' looking at the team sheet), young (we've got the youngest squad in the league, correct me if I'm wrong) hungry players giving the team their all and on top of it totally acceptable result aswell. Tons of positives. The crowd was amazing aswell.

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I did not see that

the whole point of Caicedo and Lavia (or if not Lavia another DMF) was to free Enzo up

People said it was a stupid idea because he's wasted further forward 🤣🤣 (you wasn't one of them) 

How people don't see that Maatsen was lifting his whole arm to indicate offside rather than him trying to block it ala volleyball, eludes me.

Also, very happy with what I have seen so far. The players actually look hungry, something that was non existent from last season. So many positives to build on, feeling a little more optimistic than before. 

3 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

People said it was a stupid idea because he's wasted further forward 🤣🤣 (you wasn't one of them) 

I thought the general consensus was that he is better further forward and he’s given several interviews saying Poch will use him there.

11 minutes ago, zinctek said:

Great today. We should or could have won thst. It's something to build on. 

if this is the performance before Caicedo slots in and we make more improvements, then it's not looking too bad. Nkunku was a big miss but Chukwuemeka took up good positions today

Shame the last goal couldn't be scored. But it is a way better performance than Chelsea have had for a long time. Diasi looked... Rather bad in defense during the first half, but he luckily scored a goal to make up for it a bit.

Gallagher did a decent job defensively, but it is very obvious that Chelsea are lacking a defensive midfielder, who can also pass it around better. 

Also Nkunku is really missed here. Chukwuemeka isn't ready to start.

Edited by calculatingInfinity

Alright..

⏺️ Jackson is the real deal. Focus on signing a good backup striker rather than Vlahovic

⏺️ Get Caicedo in ASAP and Enzo will level up even more

⏺️ Enzo is sooooo good

⏺️ Kudus would fit this team like a glove 

⏺️ Happy to see us press high with intensity and actually win the ball back and keep attacking

⏺️ Hope James is OK.. he was incredible today 

Now wrap up Caicedo please

Edited by Costa19

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Literally all our attackers are nice, tidy players with pace, skill, flair and are fun to watch but can’t score to save their lives. Nkunku out hurts as big time. How many months is RJ out btw? 

2f97097f05e21272e002e4fa590a41ef.png