Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

6 minutes ago, lucio said:

couldn't quite beat them on the field, now lets destroy them in the market. Announce caicedo and lavia pls

If we had at least one of them, it would have been a win.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Get them in before the next game 

12 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Good game, we could have won it.

Sterling is sh*t.

Hope Reece is fine.

Ben, Enzo, Jackson were excellent.

Sterling actually played well today, he caused that Liverpool defense so much confusion and his link up play with Reece was brilliant.

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

Not just energy, he is tenacious and has balls, takes calculated risks and puts his body on the line. I have some time for him but not in this position against this quality of opposition - he needs to play further up

Yes and I like all that from him. Unfortunately it's still not good enough at this level.

There was a particular moment in the sec half when he was in the middle of the pitch, and took a bit longer to control the bouncing ball, then he squared it to the right (for James,), but ended up passing straight to the liverpool player. Thankfully the counter was stopped by Disasi.

Perhaps he's employable as sub; we've had worse, but we need at least a better starter.

Positive enough - Pool wasn't up to the task and there are glaring issues in our team, but this draw, and worth noting, comeback and not losing the lead, is something that would be undoable when things went downhill last season. Hopefully it gives guys and Poch some confidence boost, as it will be needed. Clearly there is a lot of pain on the horizon, but there's some light at the end of the tunnel this time at least.

10 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Yes and I like all that from him. Unfortunately it's still not good enough at this level.

There was a particular moment in the sec half when he was in the middle of the pitch, and took a bit longer to control the bouncing ball, then he squared it to the right (for James,), but ended up passing straight to the liverpool player. Thankfully the counter was stopped by Disasi.

Perhaps he's employable as sub; we've had worse, but we need at least a better starter.

Also a point where salah through on goal until Gallagher did a fantastic challenge, good and bad in every player.

11 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Sterling actually played well today, he caused that Liverpool defense so much confusion and his link up play with Reece was brilliant.

He did. Some people here have a real problem with Sterling... perhaps they expect him to do something he does not do?

Sterling got tired very early in the second half though; stopped chasing and pressing.

----

Regarding Salah, I just have to thank Klopp for the helping hand.

"Controversial" take, but I also feel like there's need to defend two players getting most shit - Gallagher clearly lacks skill, but at least he's giving 110%. In recent history, we had a lot of far more expensive players lacking skill, period. That's improvement. But there's time and place to use him and certainly that's not starting the game vs Pool.

Sterling was frustrating to watch at first glance, but actually did a lot of good work, yet not spectacular as getting a goal. Very much Werner-like.

Edited by Vegetable

Mudryk where all attacks go to die.

I honestly don't know what some see in him: easily muscled out of every play--always on he ground. Heavy touches esp on that 1x1 situation... I just knew he was going to fuck it up.

Edited by robsblubot

Game as expected. It was always a case if we score our chances we win. Unfortunately Jackson missed his and in the end again Jackson/Mudryk should do better.

Again defender scoring for us, nothing new. KK also scored on debut. This Liverpool team is really not good, dont forget they could not beat us last season.

Poch careful as expected without new midfielders and most reliable goal scorer. Nkunku for CC and we win, pretty sure.

Sanchez - hard to judge, did not have much job. Yet to be seen if he is upgrade on Kepa.

Disasi - promising, definitely improvement on Chalobah. Still to learn.

Silva - this guy is not slowing down. Still world class. Should teach kids around thing or two.

Colwill - as always with young CBs mistakes can happen. Lucky that was offside. Should not allow Salah that. But world class potential.

James - Like him as a captain. RWB was always his best position. Hope he is ok.

CC - offers nothing, so not ready for Chelsea. Surprising inclusion in the team. Just like Dortmund game him and Sterling should not start and 2 games now they proved me right. Both did not use their chances.

Enzo - top player, great game will only get better with Caicedo.

Gallagher - agreed he is not starting 11 material but he did good defensively, we had a lot of possession, nice to have him in the squad.

Chilwell - good game, assist, disallowed goal, dangerous in attack, one of the leaders.

Sterling - lets see if he can score some goals against lower opposition in next games if not what is the point? Mudryk must be ahead of him.

Jackson - happy with everything but I hope finishing is not a problem long term. This is now 2 games where he should scored. Dortmund he missed two great chances and now again.

From the bench: Mudryk should start on left side from next game, UGO made great run, so much hope from him. Gusto did solid and Maatsen is probably not for this level.

With our schedule next 8 games we are favorites and should go on a winning run.

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Game as expected. It was always a case if we score our chances we win. Unfortunately Jackson missed his and in the end again Jackson/Mudryk should do better.

Sterling - lets see if he can score some goals against lower opposition in next games if not what is the point? Mudryk must be ahead of him.

Mostly agree. You did not list Chukwu btw. He was pretty poor (slightly better in the 2nd half) which is normal for a 19yo at this level.

Please help me understand Mudryk; why should he be ahead of Sterling? one of the very few experienced players we've got in the squad. What has Mudryk done to warrant starting games for us? Has Mudryk scored at all? Was it a pass that I missed? A nice move where he did something amazing that I did not see? I don't know, it is possible I missed something he did. 🤷‍♂️

There might be a reason Poch is not giving him many minutes don't you think? First match of the season and he only comes in after the 75m mark.

Edited by robsblubot

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Again defender scoring for us, nothing new. KK also scored on debut. This Liverpool team is really not good, dont forget they could not beat us last season.

Poch careful as expected without new midfielders and most reliable goal scorer. Nkunku for CC and we win, pretty sure.

Sanchez - hard to judge, did not have much job. Yet to be seen if he is upgrade on Kepa.

Disasi - promising, definitely improvement on Chalobah. Still to learn.

Silva - this guy is not slowing down. Still world class. Should teach kids around thing or two.

Colwill - as always with young CBs mistakes can happen. Lucky that was offside. Should not allow Salah that. But world class potential.

James - Like him as a captain. RWB was always his best position. Hope he is ok.

CC - offers nothing, so not ready for Chelsea. Surprising inclusion in the team. Just like Dortmund game him and Sterling should not start and 2 games now they proved me right. Both did not use their chances.

Enzo - top player, great game will only get better with Caicedo.

Gallagher - agreed he is not starting 11 material but he did good defensively, we had a lot of possession, nice to have him in the squad.

Chilwell - good game, assist, disallowed goal, dangerous in attack, one of the leaders.

Jackson - happy with everything but I hope finishing is not a problem long term. This is now 2 games where he should scored. Dortmund he missed two great chances and now again.

From the bench: Mudryk should start on left side from next game, UGO made great run, so much hope from him. Gusto did solid and Maatsen is probably not for this level.

With our schedule next 8 games we are favorites and should go on a winning run.

Apt analysis...going forward I hope Mudryk will start...we really miss Nkunku...with him right there we win that match comfortably...

4 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Mostly agree. You did not list Chukwu btw. He was pretty poor (slightly better in the 2nd half) which is normal for a 19yo at this level.

Please help me understand Mudryk; why should he be ahead of Sterling? one of the very few experienced players we've got in the squad. What has Mudryk done to warrant starting games for us? Has Mudryk scored at all? Was it a pass that I missed? A nice move where he did something amazing that I did not see? I don't know, it is possible I missed something he did. 🤷‍♂️

There might be a reason Poch is not giving him many minutes don't you think? First match of the season and he only comes in after the 75m mark.

CC is Carney.

Sterling came with reputation being one of the best wingers in the league. Especially for goals scoring. Full pre season and this game he is not even in dangerous situations. So if he cannot produce in final 3rd what is a point of him playing?

Mudryk has lots of potential, I am excited to see him on the pitch, we have seen not much yet, but as he also said he is on 20%. Naturally you would expect him to reach his potential which is very high from what we saw in Ukraine. To establish himself with Mbappe and Vini as top3 LW in the world. This is what some of us want from him. Sterling is on a decline for years now.

14 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Apt analysis...going forward I hope Mudryk will start...we really miss Nkunku...with him right there we win that match comfortably...

Without Nkunku we do not have reliable goalscorer. Biggest problem for this club for years now. Since Diego left. If Jackson continues to miss chances and wingers are our biggest worry in a team it will be a problem.

On RW especially we have no one good enough to start and no one to replace Nkunku behind striker so that position should be removed from formation until he is back.