Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

All things considered, we probably should have walked away from the match with all three points. 

Enzo was immense, and despite Gallagher's obvious flaws, he put in a good performance for the most part.

Just not got enough killers at the moment, NJ basically our only goal threat in the forward line - Sterling & Carney his support... Without Nkunku we just do not have enough goals in the forward lineup.

Enzo, Caicedo, Sterling and Carney have not got a goal in them - Sterling had a few in him in the old days, but he's washed. Nicolas Jackson and our defenders basically have to carry the goal output burden, unless some of our other forwards step up (Mudryk) or we sign someone.

27 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Just not got enough killers at the moment, NJ basically our only goal threat in the forward line - Sterling & Carney his support... Without Nkunku we just do not have enough goals in the forward lineup.

Enzo, Caicedo, Sterling and Carney have not got a goal in them - Sterling had a few in him in the old days, but he's washed. Nicolas Jackson and our defenders basically have to carry the goal output burden, unless some of our other forwards step up (Mudryk) or we sign someone.

I agree. Jackson had a great chance later on in the first half that should have given us the lead, but our setup was too reliant on him leading the line on his own. Mudryk's introduction gave him the support he needed for large parts, and it almost resulted in the former scoring his first league goal.

I'd like to think another central attacker will be joining as a result of Nkunku's layoff. 

5 hours ago, Mhsc said:

A bit unfair and a bit premature to conclude that the current forwards can't score a goal. They have had a few weeks to train as a team during which they probably spent more time leaning the fundamentals of how Poch wants them to play.

I don't know of a striker who arrives at a new club with a bag full of goals. Whoever we sign will have to start with the system first. Goals are created by the team, ultimately.

Yesterday, Jackson should have hit the target with that cross. But that was only one miss. If he misses a second,  a third and maybe a fourth like that, perhaps we can start to question his goalscoring. 

1 hour ago, Da Herbsman said:

A bit unfair and a bit premature to conclude that the current forwards can't score a goal. They have had a few weeks to train as a team during which they probably spent more time leaning the fundamentals of how Poch wants them to play.

I don't know of a striker who arrives at a new club with a bag full of goals. Whoever we sign will have to start with the system first. Goals are created by the team, ultimately.

Yesterday, Jackson should have hit the target with that cross. But that was only one miss. If he misses a second,  a third and maybe a fourth like that, perhaps we can start to question his goalscoring. 

In my post I literally said he’s the only one that’s a serious goal threat, I’m not questioning him at all I think he’s amazing and going to do great for us. It’s just not fair to put all the burden on him which with Nkunku out it mostly is now.