Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

Home game against a big club... Some players will be nervy anyway, given this is going to be the biggest game they ever played, so little can be done here.

We will find out the level of competition we can expect from the players. Really big game for a number of reasons, but even more important for the new signings.

Crap way too soon to be thinking about that--still a week+ away.

Midfield marshal Gallagher,... what a disaster waiting to happen. Even Enzo is off-form.

Can't believe they're toying with the idea of setting us on the back foot without a DM in place.

It's clear the club only has Caicedo in mind, but will drag this transfer saga out for the sake of pride or whatever BS reason.

Here's hoping Poch and the team somehow pull a miracle 

54 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Midfield marshal Gallagher,... what a disaster waiting to happen. Even Enzo is off-form.

Can't believe they're toying with the idea of setting us on the back foot without a DM in place.

It's clear the club only has Caicedo in mind, but will drag this transfer saga out for the sake of pride or whatever BS reason.

Here's hoping Poch and the team somehow pull a miracle 

We are still in way better position than Liverpool in midfield. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

We are still in way better position than Liverpool in midfield. 

They lack a DM too, but I'm just concerned about the Enzo Gallagher combo being too porous and easy to press into submission.

Enzo in form would have changed things, but I don't think he had the best preseason tbh.

The disrespect Gallagher gets bewilders me. For sure, not the greatest technical player, but a boy who wants to be here and gives 100%. Alex Ferguston made a career out of having players like that in all his title winning sides - see Wes Brown, John O'Shea, Darren Flecther etc for examples. 

52 minutes ago, King Kante said:

The disrespect Gallagher gets bewilders me. For sure, not the greatest technical player, but a boy who wants to be here and gives 100%. Alex Ferguston made a career out of having players like that in all his title winning sides - see Wes Brown, John O'Shea, Darren Flecther etc for examples. 

That's the thing, Gallagher would be a perfect squad option to have, but never should he be an absolute starter in a CL aspiring team. I don't want him gone, good to have some Chels DNA in the squad, but come on, at the moment he can't be the best we can put out.

On 05/08/2023 at 00:10, Gundalf said:

Im pretty sure this will be our lineup:

SmartSelect_20230805_000948_SamsungInternet.jpg.e3f6100c6e7126c5e90dd9bc6efaef75.jpg

That midfield is a disaster and the wings are not exactly a menace either. Nkunku out already weakens our attacking potential significantly. losing Kante and Kovacic without replacement has completely gutted our midfield.