Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Isn't Poch known for his flexibility? If Nkunku is out it makes sense to switch to 433. 

Gallagher Caicedo Enzo 

Am thinking he'll do that too.gotta crowd midfield but easy to switch between the 2,aslong as the CAM isnt a lazy sit in the pocket type,he can be the point in a MF 3 too.

23 hours ago, blu35_army said:

Maatsen / Angelo over Sterling any day. a bit tired of sterling form since last season....

Angelo will go to Straßburg next few days and Maatsen was only good as winger vs wrexham. Sterling is frustrating but when it counts he knows where the goal is. Would still give him the benefit of the doubt in this one

11 hours ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

Am thinking he'll do that too.gotta crowd midfield but easy to switch between the 2,aslong as the CAM isnt a lazy sit in the pocket type,he can be the point in a MF 3 too.

Defo need 3 man MF here. Hurts not to have Kova and Kante here or at least someone like zakaria with defensive presence and ball carrying ability. 

19 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Isn't Poch known for his flexibility? If Nkunku is out it makes sense to switch to 433. 

Gallagher Caicedo Enzo 

Let's be real here, we can probably forget adding Caicedo to the team sheet. Given how they've acted all summer moving at a snails pace, I don't expect things to suddenly change. 

Will likely be a Gallagher/Enzo/Carney midfield. 

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Let's be real here, we can probably forget adding Caicedo to the team sheet. Given how they've acted all summer moving at a snails pace, I don't expect things to suddenly change. 

Will likely be a Gallagher/Enzo/Carney midfield. 

I don’t trust that midfield on either end tbh. Conor’s technical shortcoming will be found out esp vs a high intensity team like pool giving him 0 time on the ball and Chukwu has potential but is still super young and raw . 

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

I don’t trust that midfield on either end tbh. Conor’s technical shortcoming will be found out esp vs a high intensity team like pool giving him 0 time on the ball and Chukwu has potential but is still super young and raw . 

I agree. Our only chance is to play a very direct game and forfeit possession. 

If we lose I can see Poch making some public statements about needing quality in midfield and the fact he's been vocal about it all summer. 

19 minutes ago, Nero said:

Fuck off

Isolated Medial collateral ligament tear is usually treated conservatively and can heal without lasting damage . If really just a partial 1st to 3rd degree tear without acl or miniscus damage it will only be 2 months max.
In case of surgery he might be out for the season tho. 

So good news is that we have international breaks in September and October plus easy schedule early on. If 2 months he may just miss first 8 rounds and be back after October int. break. 

Wow Liverpool lineup for tonight's game... 

Allison, TAA, VVD, Konate, Robertson, AMA, Szoboszlai, Gakpo, Jota, Salah, Diaz. 

So offensive. So Klopp will go to score more but big holes here. We just have to be good defensively pretty much like last season against them should be enough. But use our chances. 

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Allison, TAA, VVD, Konate, Robertson, AMA, Szoboszlai, Gakpo, Jota, Salah, Diaz. 

So offensive. So Klopp will go to score more but big holes here. We just have to be good defensively pretty much like last season against them should be enough. But use our chances. 

I told you that since they don't have a DM they will try and go gung ho. 

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I miss read at first that they performed the surgery, they only have said he needs it.

motherfucker

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

About being defensive, I fear our midfield will cave in without someone stepping in.

If it's going to be Gallagher partnering Enzo, no disrespect to him, its just whats he's capable of, it's going to be a walk in the park for them.

I would be glad to be proven wrong and anyone can pull my post up for rebuke if I am, but on evidence, it's not looking good 

Edited by Blue Armour

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I miss read at first that they performed the surgery, they only have said he needs it.

Hope Mudryk realizes his potential, and either Madueke or someone else steps up. And of course Jackson to carry his preseason form.

Have no faith in Sterling to deliver.

Edited by Blue Armour

Chelsea’s 2023/24 squad numbers in full

1 - Kepa Arrizabalaga

2 - Axel Disasi

3 - Marc Cucurella

5 - Benoit Badiashile 

6 - Thiago Silva

7 - Raheem Sterling 

8 - Enzo Fernandez 

10 - Mykhailo Mudryk

11 - Noni Madueke