Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

They want to do on-pitch coaching too?

No wonder we took so long to hire a manager last summer. Their ridiculous list of demands will drive anyone worth their salt away from here.

7 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

No wonder we took so long to hire a manager last summer. Their ridiculous list of demands will drive anyone worth their salt away from here.

Every time somethings happens at this club the click bait journos feast. If it that outlandish, it is just click bait. 

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

well, these are the 5 most likely then, IF that is where we are hunting

Martin is Scottish, BUT, lol, he was born in Brighton, eeeeeek

54c489b4538f7e32dd9e520d850ab1c3.png

Enzo Maresca Now 'Top Candidate' for Chelsea

Chelsea are in the market for a new manager, with Leicester City's Enzo Maresca named as a new leading candidate.

https://www.givemesport.com/enzo-maresca-Chelsea-manager-news-premier-league/

mixcollage-05-mar-2024-07-22-am-7650.jpg

•  Chelsea eye Enzo Maresca to replace Mauricio Pochettino at Stamford Bridge.
  •  Maresca led Leicester to promotion this season, with Chelsea impressed by his attractive style of football.
  •  The Blues value his tactical approach and recent success.

Chelsea are looking to find a replacement for Mauricio Pochettino who was relieved of his duties on Tuesday night, and Sky Sports reporter Gianluca Di Marzio has claimed that Leicester City's Enzo Maresca is now the top candidate.

Maresca managed to guide Leicester to promotion this season, bouncing back to the Premier League at the first time of asking. His attractive style of play has likely caught the eye of multiple clubs, with the Foxes getting results alongside playing nice football.

The inexperienced manager hasn't spent long in the management game after leaving Manchester City where he learned from Pep Guardiola, but he's enjoyed an impressive short career so far.

Enzo Maresca a 'Top Candidate' for Chelsea

The Blues want a young manager

According to Sky Sports reporter Di Marzio, Maresca has now emerged as a top candidate to replace Pochettino at Stamford Bridge. The Blues are said to value the young manager for his 'tactical approach' and recent achievements. It's understood that he has a £8.5m release clause in his contract.

Italian reporter Fabrizio Romano recently confirmed that Chelsea are now looking to appoint a young manager to replace Pochettino, and Maresca would fit the bill at the age of 44. His lack of experience might be a slight concern to supporters, but there's no doubt he's shown plenty of promise in his first managerial role in England.

Leicester City Championship statistics - 2023/24 season rankings

Stats

Output

Squad rank

Wins

1st

Team rating

1st

Goals scored

3rd

Possession

66.1%

2nd

xG

2nd

Statistics via WhoScored - Correct as of 22/05/2024

Maresca spent the 2022/2023 season as Guardiola's assistant manager, so he will have certainly learnt a hefty amount during that time. Mikel Arteta has also worked alongside the Spanish manager at Manchester City previously, and he's done a sensational job in helping to turn Arsenal into Premier League title contenders.

The appointment of Maresca would be a risk for the west London outfit, but removing Pochettino from his position after an impressive end to the season was always going to be a huge decision which isn't guaranteed to work out.

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

Maybe Eghbali should do it himself. What a control freak.

Big facts! He Stewart and Winstanley seemed to know exactly what to do so that should be our staff

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

That's fine for me. If owners have idea that club must play let's say 4231 and don't won't to ever see CB as LB or LB as a winger I absolutely support that. Maybe they won't directly say to Poch wtf are you playing Colwill as LB but gives them right to replace him. 

18 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Championship is the league you want to look.

17 hours ago, Vesper said:

well, these are the 5 most likely then, IF that is where we are hunting

Martin is Scottish, BUT, lol, he was born in Brighton, eeeeeek

54c489b4538f7e32dd9e520d850ab1c3.png

I was joking but looks like our main candidates really are from Championship 🤣

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I don't care if this next manager is from League 2, we better be getting Top 4 next season and see clear improvement or else the directors and ownership should all be hounded out. 

That's not happening...

The names are hilarious wtf!!! This is a car crash happening right here. Nothing will change. We're not top 4 far far far far from it sooooo

No one who wants to build a career will come. 

Edited by Laylabelle

20 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

That's not happening...

The names are hilarious wtf!!! This is a car crash happening right here. Nothing will change. We're not top 4 far far far far from it sooooo

No one who wants to build a career will come. 

3f5cjo.jpg?a476664

Poch is a technically limited coach but he built good relationships with this group of players. It’s evident in the reaction to his departure. I think ownership thinks they are reinventing football with these decisions but unless they get the appointment right, all the goodwill of the last few weeks will go away in a flash 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

McKenna would be better off trying to get the vacant Brighton role, that's the perfect opportunity to work with young & experienced players and a squad that is good enough to be mid-table most of the season. 

Tomori played like 15 proper games that season, that's why he left for AC Milan....from memory, he was supposed to go to a french club or somewhere on loan on deadline day in the previous window as well but the paperwork didn't go through on time (IIRC). 

1st season after Derby. He actually didn’t play as much as I thought he did. 2nd season he left. In January IIRC.

Maresca the top choice now? Fuck me this mob are absolutely on one. He got sacked at Parma and won the Championship at a club with a PL squad. Risky is not even the right word, crazy is.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I don't care if this next manager is from League 2, we better be getting Top 4 next season and see clear improvement or else the directors and ownership should all be hounded out. 

Co-sporting directors should be out already for me. Transfer record alone is sackable. It is as bad as that dodgy few years at Barcelona - just far too many poor decisions. And the whole managerial shortlist we are getting now, headed by them, wow. 

Paying whatever we paid for Mudryk who will never be an elite player. Throw in unnecessarily spending near £60m on Lavia & £30-35m on Ugochuwku - 6 months after signing another DM in Andrey Santos too - when we 90% needed a more established, senior midfield player in the squad to make up for the lack of experience we had in that position on the pitch. It is absolutely mind blowing. Not to mention we still overpaid vastly for both Caicedo and Enzo, irrespective of how good they “could” be.

Malo Gusto and Cole Palmer only ones who have been 1) consistent and 2) played to a good level. Nkunku maybe could of been a saving grace if he was fit but we were linked with him under Tuchel (signed as well if I remember correctly?). Jackson maybe be a solid number 2 but doesn’t have it to be a number 1 at the elite level, I think thats clear.

Then trying to actively advocate selling Conor and Trevor…. one who was captain & arguably best player behind Palmer….

If this were going on at Man Utd we would be pissing ourselves laughing at them. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Co-sporting directors should be out already for me. Transfer record alone is sackable. It is as bad as that dodgy few years at Barcelona - just far too many poor decisions. And the whole managerial shortlist we are getting now, headed by them, wow. 

Paying whatever we paid for Mudryk who will never be an elite player. Throw in unnecessarily spending near £60m on Lavia & £30-35m on Ugochuwku - 6 months after signing another DM in Andrey Santos too - when we 90% needed a more established, senior midfield player in the squad to make up for the lack of experience we had in that position on the pitch. It is absolutely mind blowing. Not to mention we still overpaid vastly for both Caicedo and Enzo, irrespective of how good they “could” be.

Malo Gusto and Cole Palmer only ones who have been 1) consistent and 2) played to a good level. Nkunku maybe could of been a saving grace if he was fit but we were linked with him under Tuchel (signed as well if I remember correctly?). Jackson maybe be a solid number 2 but doesn’t have it to be a number 1 at the elite level, I think thats clear.

Then trying to actively advocate selling Conor and Trevor…. one who was captain & arguably best player behind Palmer….

If this were going on at Man Utd we would be pissing ourselves laughing at them. 

Agreed.
I'd still like to understand how a club signs Fofana for any meaningful fee, and on top of that on a regular long-term deal.... 

I'm unsure about Conor tbh. Like, I don't know what his tier is yet.

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

Agreed.
I'd still like to understand how a club signs Fofana for any meaningful fee, and on top of that on a regular long-term deal.... 

I'm unsure about Conor tbh. Like, I don't know what his tier is yet.

Fofana was more Boehly-Tuchel I think. Although IIRC de Ligt was first choice for Tuchel? 

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

insanity, as he was clearly damaged goods already at that point

I lost my fucking mind at the price and length of contract